Code of Conduct

Default LEAST compliments...but still great

There are so many threads here about what scents get the most compliments (especially from women). Well, how about the fragrences that NOBODY compliments, but are just too good not to wear? These deserve some attention too. Sometimes its fun to wear something for yourself and let everyone think what they want. Screw being safe! Wear what you want!

For me:
    Odeur 53 (people comment, but only to say how weird it is)
    Blv
    Live Jazz (i'm actually a little suprised nobody notices this one...smells nice)
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Default Re: LEAST compliments...but still great

The only times I do get compliments are from topnotes of my scents! Maybe I do not apply enough for others to smell the drydown > Oh well, I still smell the fragrances on my skin.

I never get compliments...

Tea for Two
    Lolita Lempicka
    Animale Animale

There are lots. The only one who every says anything is my girlfriend...

my gay uncle eduardo always gives me compliments

Actually the scents I like the most, are the ones that get the least compliments...
    Sad, but true... Jacomo de jacomo, Kouros, Guerlain Vetiver.... Nobody says a word....
    And they are actually loud!
    But, If I wear Acqua di Gi˛ there's always someone to tell me I smell nice...

Givenchy pour Homme - I can wear this favorite and signature of mine for months without hearing a word, and then one day switch it up with CK One or something, and suddenly I start receiving compliments. Oh well! :-?

Cuiron - People tell me it smells like B.O. but I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog

wow i wish i had b.o. that smelled like cuiron

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    Live Jazz (i'm actually a little suprised nobody notices this one...smells nice)

To me, it's my FAVORITE scent of all time.
    If only it could have the longevity of A*Men, to me it would be the BEST cologne EVER!

Sure, you can't get compliments with Live Jazz if everytime it disappears as you got out of your door. :'(

Everytime that I use it I have to bath myself in it. I am literally "drinking" Live Jazz like water.

What if as basenotes members we make a suggestion to YSL to produce a strong version of Live Jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by Musician
    [quote author=LiveJazz link=1144094504/0#0 date=1144094503]

To me, it's my FAVORITE scent of all time.
    If only it could have the longevity of A*Men, to me it would be the BEST cologne EVER!

Sure, you can't get compliments with Live Jazz if everytime it disappears as you got out of your door. *:'(

Everytime that I use it I have to bath myself in it. I am literally "drinking" Live Jazz like water.

What if as basenotes members we make a suggestion to YSL to produce a strong version of Live Jazz?[/quote]
    Your comments are mystifying to me.
    Live Jazz lasts about as long as any standard long lasting scent on me - to well past the end of the working day.
    Yet you describe it's longevity as akin to that of 4711. Was this always the case, or did it last long in the beginning, then got shorter and shorter?

You may be suffering from a severe case of olfactory block.
    Renato

LV Patchouli and No.88 are no crowd pleasers.

I love both to death.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    What's with these people?

I rarely get compliments at all, when I do the compliments are not really compliments.

"You smell like kindergarden."

I got Tumulte our Homme yesterday, I think it's going to be a real complimentgetter.
    Arte et labore

Quote Originally Posted by viktorov
    I got Tumulte our Homme yesterday, I think it's going to be a real complimentgetter.
    Hey, congrats on that great purchase! I'm mostly enojoying it at home though, like with all my wood and incense ridden scents... They always smell awesome on my skin and my very close surroundings, but seem to smell generically alike from a distance. Maybe I'm just making it hard for me to enjoy my scents, I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    [quote author=viktorov link=1144094504/0#11 date=1144136534]I got Tumulte our Homme yesterday, I think it's going to be a real complimentgetter. *
    Hey, congrats on that great purchase! I'm mostly enojoying it at home though, like with all my wood and incense ridden scents... They always smell awesome on my skin and my very close surroundings, but seem to smell generically alike from a distance. Maybe I'm just making it hard for me to enjoy my scents, I don't really know. [/quote]

I thought Tumulte Homme smelled too much like Tam Dao ... which I promptly re-swapped when I received it.

Not a bad frag ... just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I thought Tumulte Homme smelled too much like Tam Dao ... which I promptly re-swapped when I received it.Not a bad frag ... just not for me.
    I had to go check now just because you mention the similarity and yes, you are right. But Tam Dao is a rawer animal and definately as transparent and soft as Tumulte (but here Kyoto comes in and take the place Tam Dao has for you in this situation. Daringly close to Tumulte inmo).

I thought it smelled alot like combination of Rush and Tam Dao. I didn't enjoy it that much, it was just OK in my opinion. The bottle was awesome though!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    I thought it smelled alot like combination of Rush and Tam Dao. I didn't enjoy it that much, it was just OK in my opinion. The bottle was awesome though!
    Both the bottle and the box is brilliant. I was stunned, having big trouble opening the foil, since I felt I was ruining it.

I love the deep woody, slightly smokey character.
    As shifts pointed out in the Gucci PH thread recently, Tumulte is not as raw as that one (GpH). Tumulte is more subtle and much more complex in my opinion. The drydown is lovely.
    Arte et labore

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Givenchy pour Homme - I can wear this favorite and signature of mine for months without hearing a word, and then one day switch it up with CK One or something, and suddenly I start receiving compliments. Oh well! :-?

Maybe because people dont like to give complimenst on stuff they have no idea about.It easy to say something is good when theres other people who feel the same way.Sad but tru.

Fahrenheit

The girls around me (age 21ish) seem to like fresh-aquatics and such the best.

The one and oly frag that didn't get me any compliments was GL's Horizon back in the early nineties...i thought it was pretty nice and was a signature scent back then...not anymore!

I can't even guess how many times I have had females compliment me when I have used Azzaro. I seem to appreciate this one more as time goes by because I really didn't enjoy it when I first got it.

I rarely get complimented on A*men but maybe because I try so hard not to put on "too much"

Overcome By Fumes

Alain Delon Iquitos