Code of Conduct

Default Your favourite juniper scent!?

Ooooh yes!

I want your opinion about good fragrances wich have a prominent juniper note. I love the juniper in Rocabar and am dying to try Baie de Genievre. What else is there. Don´t like Alain Delon and Fendi Oumo.

Hope to hear some interesting views, it´s not like juniper is discussed on a daily basis here and you must be starved when it comes to juniper talk... right????

/ Tobbe

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your favourite juniper scent!?

Baie de Genièvre is way cool! Another scent that has a good juniper note in the top is Carven Homme. I have both. The Creed is more of a straight shot of juniper, mixed with ginger and other stuff; the Carven has a good juniper beginning, but dries down to a basically woody-ambery note.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Here's a good question!

Wish I had an answer or further thoughts for you though. I used to dislike Baie de Genievre but I've at least come around to thinking its pretty good. It's what I'd reach for if I were to set myself to wearing a juniper scent. But I've gone for Alain Delon AD Classic since I got it and never even thought that part of what I like about it is the juniper. I go for Fendi Uomo too, but I think Rocabar is pretty dull. Sorry about that--I don't have anything to recommend!

Baie de Genievre is clearly on your list, but maybe you might try finding Lorenzo Villoresi's Uomo, which come to think of it, just might have a bit of good old sour, hard juniper. It's also a bit herbal so it avoids the heavy 1970s aura that many of the junipers come from.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

XS! Big time!!
    Peace ~ Markymark

I believe that Fred Hayman's Hollywood is loaded with juniper.

[blue]Lalique Pour Homme Equus EDP
    [/blue]

Good stuff, thank you!

I think old school notes like juniper, cinnamon and lavender are coming back in a big way. Classics like Havana, Bel Ami and Eau Savage might even become interesting to people who aren´t fragrance freaks but still want something distinct and moving away from oceanic unisex or sporty fresh. I hope that along with the revival of the Dandy and gentleman will follow more fragrances that celebrate old school but with a modern twist. Who knows...
    Some oceanic unisex and sporty fresh scents are great though but a little more variation is always welcome.

/ Tobbe

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental

[/blue]

Oh, yes! But where do you find it? I only see the Lion and the Faun anywhere I go!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

I love juniper, and when I need a fix I usually turn to Guerlain's Coriolan.

To me Tsar is quite much fresh take on juniper, with the dash of leather and flowers.

Have to agree with Baie de Genièvre an amazing scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobert
    Have to agree with Baie de Genièvre an amazing scent.
    I like Baie de Genievre as well. Clean, crisp, almost refreshing. I had some on at the gym one day (just what was left over on my skin from earlier in the day); it blossomed again into the freshest, most uplifting scent. Not heavy at all and a real godsend in the gym.

I'd also add Versace Black Jeans - I get a lot of juniper in that one. Hopefully Rocabar...if my bottle would ever show up, I could tell you for sure!

How about Bombay Sapphire-Infusion? I've never tried it, but it struck me as a nice fresh summer scent. Maybe not a good one for the office, tho.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    How about Bombay Sapphire-Infusion? I've never tried it, but it struck me as a nice fresh summer scent. Maybe not a good one for the office, tho.
    PLEASE tell me that you know where to find some of this these days!

I'm a HUGE fan of Bombay Sapphire (the one you drink)... I tried HARD to find some of the Infusion fragrance a year or two ago to no avail... saw it once in duty-free at the Miami airport and never saw it again.

-R

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    [quote author=greyhueofdoubt link=1144176503/0#12 date=1144189044]How about Bombay Sapphire-Infusion? I've never tried it, but it struck me as a nice fresh summer scent. Maybe not a good one for the office, tho.
    PLEASE tell me that you know where to find some of this these days!

I'm a HUGE fan of Bombay Sapphire (the one you drink)... I tried HARD to find some of the Infusion fragrance a year or two ago to no avail... saw it once in duty-free at the Miami airport and never saw it again.

-R[/quote]

From what I understand, it is only sold at duty-free shops.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

So it's still available in your part of the world?

Last I heard was that it was no longer available at duty-free shops either...

-R

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    So it's still available in your part of the world?

Last I heard was that it was no longer available at duty-free shops either...

-R
    I can't find it anywhere, either. I looked at all the online duty-free shops, and while they show evidence of having once sold it, I cannot find it any more.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

Viking by Royal Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    [quote author=Mobert link=1144176503/0#10 date=1144185821]Have to agree with Baie de Genièvre an amazing scent.
    I like Baie de Genievre as well. Clean, crisp, almost refreshing. I had some on at the gym one day (just what was left over on my skin from earlier in the day); it blossomed again into the freshest, most uplifting scent. Not heavy at all and a real godsend in the gym.

I'd also add Versace Black Jeans - I get a lot of juniper in that one. Hopefully Rocabar...if my bottle would ever show up, I could tell you for sure![/quote]

Amazingly, Rocabar arrived today - and I like it very much. Probably even more than the Creed, only more wearings will tell for sure. Lots of juniper and evergreeny stuff, but with a nice, mellow base that smooths it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    [quote author=scentemental link=1144176503/0#5 date=1144181225]

[/blue]

Oh, yes! But where do you find it? I only see the Lion and the Faun anywhere I go! [/quote]

[blue]JaimeB,

Try online:[/blue]

http://www.parfum1.com/perfume.asp?t...=Lalique+Equus

http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...DQEQXBL1G5BE6F

http://www.perfumebay.com/men-s-l-la...y-lalique.html

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf...M&gs_gen=m

[blue]Parfum1 has free shipping on any purchase of $50 or more and a free umbrella.

COUPON CODE: FREESHIPBMX11328

Regards,

scentemental[/blue]

Overcome By Fumes

Baie de Genievre