Code of Conduct

Default Roll on Decants VS Spray Decants

Which gives more sillage? I've noticed that roll on fragrances havw significantly less sillage on me, but perhaps I'm imagining it and it's actually just that fragrance.

Default Re: Roll on Decants VS Spray Decants

I think that sprays last longer and give a better sillage.

I love roll-ons but they are harder to use. They give you a high concentration of juice in one spot. With and atomizer you get it spread out and that gives you better sillage. I just notice that when I use a roll-on I apply less. It is hard to judge what is over powering and what you need to apply more/less of. Sprays are an easy number that you just count. Roll-on is a more specific application to certain areas and you can really control the exact amount you want to put on. I love them both but I really think that the atomizers are better in every way. That is just my humble opinion. Hope it help Foo...

EV

Are you talking about at the point of application where the spray permeates the air around you, or when you have left your home?

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Are you talking about at the point of application where the spray permeates the air around you, or when you have left your home?
    well i can't remember what I originally meant, but perhaps you could answer both? *[smiley=embarassed.gif]

It SOOOOO much depends on the frag. For Geir, a couple swipes with a roll on is more than enough. For frags with poor sillage or longevity, a spray decant sometimes is not enough.

If you apply a spray frag in your home, there will obviously be an area in which the vapor has spread. A roll-on will obviously be concentrated and will not permeate the area as much. The size of the roll-on tip vs. the size of the sprayer(large bottle vs. 1/6 oz. decant) also determine the sillage. If you immediately leave your home, the time elapsed before you reach your destination, whether or not you are outdoors for any length of time, the number of sprays or roll-on applications you apply, and the concentration of the frag(edp vs. edt) will all have a great effect on the sillage you evaluate at your destination.