Code of Conduct

Default Why is it so hard...

I'm probaby the minority here...but i really envy people that have signature scents. I mean the ones that can really claim a scent as their own. When you smell it, you think of them. My girlfriend does it with Addict. My roommate does it with Le Male. Another friend does it JPG Classique, which i actually hate, but I admire her loyalty to it :P

It must be so easy! Damn them all. I go back and forth and rarely wear the same thing two days in a row. My goal is to have a set of maybe 4 scents (to vary by season) that i just adore and that are MINE...but I really don't think i can do it with so many choices around :-?. Anyone else?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Why is it so hard...

Resistance is futile. So you have varied tastes--what's wrong with that? Some people love vanilla ice cream and buy it every time, while others keep to a few favorite flavors. Alot of basenoters would try a new flavor every time figuratively. Sure it's nice when people have signatures that let you know it is them, but that's not the way for me. It's really not hard to have a signature you know. Just buy one fragrance, and when the bottle is almost done, buy another one of the same. Wear nothing but that, and people will come to associate you with it. Good luck!

: Colin

Just keep testing scents at stores around you. Eventually you'll find a scent or scents that fit you well.

I know what you mean and I miss those days! But I love these days as well. No point in sitting here all teary eyed and having "nostalgia lover" written on my forehead ;D

PS. I'm still planning on using Daim Blond exclusively for one month to force it to become my signature.

It's hard because you're exposed to so many different opinions and scents just being here on Basenotes. I used Pierre Cardin right through the 80's and into the 90's until I discovered AdG. Then, it was over 8 years with that! But I guarantee if Basenotes had been around in the 80's and 90's ... it would have been a different story.

The people you envy are likely either not exposed to us psychos here : ... or fragrance is just not something they care to explore further.

And ... they have healthier wallets! ;D

I have too many to really have a signature scent. I wear lots of them a couple days in a row but I don't really have my "own" smell. I guess I need to slim down the bottle count and pick one that I love and wear it all the time. I just get too bored with one though. I smell the same thing over and over everyday I will go crazy!

I would like to say that I am the only one I know wearing a LOT of the stuff I wear. I guess it is my own but no one here appreciates smells at all so there would be no one to even notice that I am wearing the same thing everday. I'm just going to stick with my rotation of lots of signatures...

I really dont have a signature cent.But propably will have when i get my Egoiste 8-)

Nowadays i have too many frags to say that i have a signature scent, but before this i went through various "signature" stages:

Fahrenheit
    Horizon / Escape for men
    Egoiste
    O pour Homme
    Herrera for Men

now it seems that some people relate AllurePH with me but i can't really call it My signature scent!

My best friend is a huge Kiton guy. That's all he wears and he pulls it off and he's very comfortable in his own skin - he's also a well dressed business guy.
    Peace ~ Markymark

For me the point I'm at in this hobby is testing and wearing everything I can get my hands on so the thought of a signature scent is far off in my future, but i do look forward to have one somewhere down the road but that won't be happening any time soon...Gio

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    I'm probaby the minority here...but i really envy people that have signature scents. I mean the ones that can really claim a scent as their own. When you smell it, you think of them. My girlfriend does it with Addict. My roommate does it with Le Male. Another friend does it JPG Classique, which i actually hate, but I admire her loyalty to it :P

It must be so easy! Damn them all. I go back and forth and rarely wear the same thing two days in a row. My goal is to have a set of maybe 4 scents (to vary by season) that i just adore and that are MINE...but I really don't think i can do it with so many choices around :-?. Anyone else?
    LiveJazz(your name is my favorite frag :P), my friend, for so long I've always been searching for "signature" scents. But now I think it has been all in vain.
    Ok, you want to have one signature scent for every season. But HOW MANY season rotations one guy will be able to live?
    Life is too short for finding a "signature" scent. So my motto is:
    just go for it!

ps: my "signature" scent so long is Live Jazz, people know that I LOVE this frag and it's the one I wear the most often. But I don't do it because I imposed myself not to wear other stuff, I wear is the most because I LOVE it.

My scent used to be Burberry London for ages. Peope knew that was me. And still expect it to be me. I also wear Romance Silver occasioanlly and Armani Code. I know people who hav a scent that is thres and you know it is them when they walk past. Its a matter of taste though.

I honestly donít see myself wearing the same scent everyday or even a few times a week. I just get really bored with one scent all the time, thatís why Iím kind of having troubles with this hobby. I canít seem to ďjustĒ enjoy one scent, but I need to constantly change. Not just in regards to fragrance but everything in my life.

WOW i thought in a place like this, the very thought of a signature would be considered blasphemy. I guess the general consensus here is that a lot of people wouldn't mind having a signature rotation, but we just get bored. I don't collect frags because it is a hobby. I just haven't found THE ONE (or two or three or four) yet. I'll maybe find one and use it all the time for a month, and then i'm over it.

I agree that we can't expect to find LIFETIME scents...there are just too many seasons in a guy's life and too many good things come out constantly. It would just be nice to have a year of stable (drumrole...) scents and sensibility
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I wonder if I could live with one signature scent that I'd wear day by day. The olfactory fatigue would probably drive me mad.

I really prefer having a few "signature fragrances" that I switch every so often.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I don't have a 'signature' scent, but I do have a good idea of my 'desert island' scent. That is, which scent would I keep if I could choose only one?
    I would probably pick Creed GIT. There are other frags that are better for certain things, but GIT is the best all-around frag I own (that I personally like. I'm ignoring what my girlfriend would pick FOR me )

For those without a signature scent, what is your desert island scent?
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    For those without a signature scent, what is your desert island scent?
    For me the answer has been Comme des GarÁons 2 before. It might still be it. But I hope that desert island is kind of a cold place, 'cause 2 doesn't really do well in hot weather. It has many facettes though and I love how I never seem to quite "get it".