Code of Conduct

Default Which Version of Kouros

Hey everyone,

there has been a lot of talk recently about Kouros. Which version is your favorite and Why?
    (I've only tried the original)

Default Re: Which Version of Kouros

Fraicheur is my favorite version, quite possibly because the idea of a "fresh" Kouros is so wonderfuly bizarre! It still has a very good bit of the original (unlike the various summer versions) but rounds out the very rough top notes of the original while still remaining very pungent/sensual. Very good longevity.
    ..."net", not "naut".

I bought the sport version because it was a little less agressive. It's a little bit lighter, and it works better on my skin (and my nose). It's also more appropriate for my job, where wearing regular Kouros would be like wearing a codpiece.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

Cologne Sport. Like it far better than the original.

MMM

Cologne Sport is excellent. But, original is still...well, far better, far more exciting.
    But yeah, CS is actually very wearable, and it has a bit left that originals animal vibe.

:P :PKourosBody :P :P is by far the nicest smell I bought it for my husband it lasts all day and into the next without changing warm spicy fruity but very manly and most edible

Kouros is great, but its scope is limited, especially nowadays where - sadly - power scents are not as fashionable as they used to be.

I have Fraîcheur and Cologne Sport and have to say that I like the latter better. This is due to the fact that Fraîcheur alters the Kouros basenotes too much while with Cologne Sport they're straightforward. KCS starts out fresh and then develops the typical Kouros notes of oakmoss, cloves and honey.

I normally wear frags only for my own pleasure, but it turns out that this has by now become my most complimented scent.

I'd get KCS, as it is the most versatile (summer, winter, office, etc.) of the lot while retaining most of the aspects of the original Kouros, plus - you can't overdo it...

It's so different from everything else out there! ;D

Body Kouros is the only one that doesn't create a strong antiseptic smell on me - I'm not even sure why it's in the "Kouros" brand family. It probably could/should have been its own line with a different name. I like that one.

I've got the original and Cologne Sport.

While I like Cologne Sport, the thing I don't like about it is that it keeps reminding me that I'm not wearing the stronger original one. However, it's currently going pretty cheap in lots of countries around the world and so is probably the better value one ( I paid 14 pounds for a 100ml bottle of it in London last year).
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I've got the original and Cologne Sport.

While I like Cologne Sport, the thing I don't like about it is that it keeps reminding me that I'm not wearing the stronger original one. However, it's currently going pretty cheap in lots of countries around the world and so is probably the better value one ( I paid 14 pounds for a 100ml bottle of it in London last year).
    Renato
    I just smelled this one today and I liked it. I saw 3 Kouros bottles and I remembered this thread so I decided to try them.

I would probably pick Body Kouros because I'm more into that type of oriental scent but I would not knock on cologne sport. It is just as Renato said "the better value one." I think it is worth the money I would part for it...

I like to add that I LOOOOVE Body Kouros also. It`s just fantastic, and overall Kouros line needs to be rewarded.

I actually only tried the original and Body Kouros, didn’t really like the Body version but love the original. I actually really want to try the other versions, because although I love the original, I find it really hard to wear. I often fell the scent wears me instead of the other way around. Myabe the sports version is more wearable.

BodyKouros I think: fresh, strong, original, thrilling...
    Cologne Sport kicks ass as well.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

I like them all, but Kouros Cologne Sport and Fraîcheur are more wearable that Kouros.

Body is good, too, but I don't really see it in the Kouros family.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus

I like them all, but Kouros Cologne Sport and Fraîcheur are more wearable that Kouros. *

Which do you prefer between the Sport and Fraicheur, foetidus?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I just smelled this one today and I liked it. I saw 3 Kouros bottles and I remembered this thread so I decided to try them.

I would probably pick Body Kouros because I'm more into that type of oriental scent but I would not knock on cologne sport. It is just as Renato said "the better value one." I think it is worth the money I would part for it...
    Aww thanks, that's devotion...

On another note, Body Kouros is totally different from the original right. At least that's what I thought when I last tried it.

And one more thing, I'm really really surprised no one has said the original yet.

My fave is the original, but I thought you were asking about other versions. Bottom line, they're all good. Take care! mm
    Peace ~ Markymark

I'll say the original then. It's a joy to wear everytime I pull it out. It is so easy for me to wear and enjoy that I -- sadly -- no longer see why it is a love or hate product.

The Fraicheur version is also very nice. Sometime I'll get a bottle. When I tested it I couldn't stop smelling the spot where I sprayed it.

Body Kouros is similar to the other Kouroses in name only, not in smell. Cologne Sport never catches fire for me the way the original always has.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by knight
    [quote author=foetidus link=1143666830/0#13 date=1143693107]

I like them all, but Kouros Cologne Sport and Fraîcheur are more wearable that Kouros. *

Which do you prefer between the Sport and Fraicheur, foetidus?
    [/quote]

I prefer Kouros Fraicheur--but not by much. If I could have only one (after Kouros itself) it would be Fraicheur.

I like the Original(just let it settle down for 30 minutes before leaving the house),then Fraicheur,then Cologne Sport,finally Cologne Sport Summer Edition(which I find a little sour on my skin). Of course Body Kouros too!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

The all time original Kouros, being that it is an older version you have to suffer a bit through the top notes as they are very perfumey, but the mid and bottom notes are just great, fresh linnen drying in the air

women can't resist

Yesterday I tested a version that comes in a blue transparent bottle, and I liked it much more than the original. At the time I thought it was the Fraicheur version, but I have searched through the directory and the bottle depicted is different from the one I saw. What did I test? Can anyone help me on this one?
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Yesterday I tested a version that comes in a blue transparent bottle, and I liked it much more than the original. At the time I thought it was the Fraicheur version, but I have searched through the directory and the bottle depicted is different from the one I saw. What did I test? Can anyone help me on this one?

Maybe this is the one you saw...

http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-1866

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I think I'll have to test the different versions out for myself soon. But it seems like most lean towards the original (yes the topnotes are punishing), then Frachiur (sp) and the Cologne Sport are equally loved after the original.

I'll go for this after I get my hands on a bottle of Havana. :

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    [quote author=Gus link=1143666830/15#21 date=1143788475]Yesterday I tested a version that comes in a blue transparent bottle, and I liked it much more than the original. At the time I thought it was the Fraicheur version, but I have searched through the directory and the bottle depicted is different from the one I saw. What did I test? Can anyone help me on this one?

Maybe this is the one you saw...

http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-1866[/quote]

Thanks, foetidus, but the bottle was the same shape as the original, only transparent and blue. Maybe it was Fraicheur or Sport, only in a different tester bottle. I don't know, I guess I'll have to come back to the store and this time pay more attention!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Save for the original, which of the aforementioned Kouros' would be

(1) most approrpiate for an office setting?
    (2) most distinctive?
    (3) sexiest? *8-)

Ta!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rose
    Save for the original, which of the aforementioned Kouros' would be

(1) most approrpiate for an office setting?
    (2) most distinctive?
    (3) sexiest? *8-)

Ta!
    Most appropriate for office- Kouros Fraicheur
    Most distinctive-Kouros Cologne Sport
    Sexiest-Kouros Cologne Sport

I just got home from the gym. I went there to workout after work. I used Kouros Cologne Sport deo stick to freshen up before working out. Really good stuff, the Cologne Sport line. I've found that the deo and shower gel from the Cologne Sport line smell different from the EDC. They have more of a lemony note reminiscent of the Fraicheur, while the actual EDC has a kind of rough hewn jasmine/patchouli character. Almost like a clean baby smell, yet kind of dirty too, with a real cold bitterness.

Today I bought Zirh Shave Gel and decided to give Body Kouros and Original Kouros another try(so close to buying the small bottles of both) Both were great! I sprayed them on my wrist and I don't find the Original Kouros that strong at all. Yes, the first burst might be just a bit sharp but that only lasted like 5 minutes and after that the lingering scent of Original Kouros is just awesome, couldn't stop sniffing my wrist!

Body Kouros is completely different, very fresh, intimating smell of spicy but it's not that spicy at all! The top is really refreshing(eucalyptus) and settle into something lingering fresh balsam and a bit woody? Reminds me of walking to the beach through breezy and exotic, well-manicured garden of a 5 star resort hotel in Bali, Indonesia.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47