Code of Conduct

Default Is Rive Gauche too strong for summer?

After reding your suggestions and reviews on YSL, I realized that I have avoided it somehow, maybe because I thought of it as too serious, now I realized that these classics and definately not something that shoud be overlooked just like that!

Please, help me decide which one to choose for summer,

Rive Gauche, is it too strong to be worn in hot weather and which occasion is it suitable for or should I pick Kouros Parfum d'Ete for it's popularity with women instead (I'd choose this one second but the SA told me that RG is too strong, on me it comes kinda powdery clean dunno maybe it is just today)

Thanx guys!

Default Re: Adding YSL to my collection, please help?

Naw man, I think it works fine in the summer. I wear mostly orientals, which I find get sweet and haevy in the humidity, but Rive Gauche keeps its charm under any conditions.

Default Re: Is Rive Gauche too strong for summer?

An awesome juice

If I can wear Messe de Minuit on a balmy August evening, then, surely, you can wear Rive Gauche any ol' time you want!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Overcome By Fumes

My favorite YSL's for summer are M7, Nu, and Opium pour Homme.

I don't think so. A few months ago I tested it along with Opium pour homme and I don't know if the pungency of Opium influenced my opinion, but It seemed to be a light scent, subtle and refined. Anyone can perfectly wear it as a summer fragrance, mainly if they live in a non ultra hot and humid area.

Default Re: Adding YSL to my collection, please help?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Naw man, I think it works fine in the summer. I wear mostly orientals, which I find get sweet and haevy in the humidity, but Rive Gauche keeps its charm under any conditions.
    I fully agree. I think it will work just fine. I think it is dry enough and not sweet. Sweet notes get too heavy and stuffed up in my nose. Rive Gauche is a muli-seasonal scent IMO.

I like Live Jazz a lot. I think that one will work just fine for summer.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent
    After reding your suggestions and reviews on YSL, I realized that I have avoided it somehow, maybe because I thought of it as too serious, now I realized that these classics and definately not something that shoud be overlooked just like that!

Please, help me decide which one to choose for summer,

Rive Gauche, is it too strong to be worn in hot weather and which occasion is it suitable for or should I pick Kouros Parfum d'Ete for it's popularity with women instead (I'd choose this one second but the SA told me that RG is too strong, on me it comes kinda powdery clean dunno maybe it is just today)

Thanx guys!
    Well Perfectscent, you've tried Rive Gauche PH, and judging by your posts on other summer scent threads, you've thought about what makes a good summer scent. So what do you think yourself now--would Rive Gauche work on you during the summer?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Try the light version

Rive Gauche? In summer? The stuff can almost make me sweat when its freezing outside. And someone said M7! That's thick smelling stuff. I love both scents, and maybe its just my skin, but i think i would suffocate wearing either of them in summer.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

To me, Rive Gauche is a perfectly fresh, vintage shaving cream soapiness, powdery, elegant, woodsy undertones, refined... simply a must have scent!

See, spending time on these threads with you gentleman I am learning more and more
    I found my replacement for A. Code, but one scent is never enough no matter what the cost so I will have a couple of others to include in my wardrobe sooner or later

I always get compliments and never overspray, thanks to all you guys who have sent me comments and shared your enthusiasm with me!

Cheers!

perfectscent

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    I don't think so. *A few months ago I tested it along with Opium pour homme and I don't know if the pungency of Opium influenced my opinion, but It seemed to be a light scent, subtle and refined. Anyone can perfectly wear it as a summer fragrance, mainly if they live in a non ultra hot and humid area.
    did you know that there is Opium summer, just came out supposedly, saw it today

Sounds dangerous to me, although it is dry (a bit harsh for me) rather than sweet. Perhaps with a light trigger finger...

To me, Rive Gauche can't be classified as strong or loud, since 95% of other scents project far more. Can't see why you wouldn't wear it in summer.
    Renato

I wear both here in Singapore, which is basically hot and humid 24/7/365...

Both Rive Gauche and M7 do VERY well. Absolutely no problems. M7 is a lighter, greener note on my skin though. Rive Gauche is great for a night of clubbing... It just reacts fantastically with hot sweat and ladies.

From my experience, Rive Gauche is fine for the summer

I say just try it in the summer but of course spray lightly and see if it works for you. I thinks that's the only way 2 be for sure but I think it will be ok for the summer

Rive gauche is my favourite all the time. I think its very nice for summer nights...

But I wouldn't use it during hot summer days...when its too hot outside...

Why not use Kouros Cologne Sport and M7 Fresh, these two are definitely designated for summer time.

In the evenings tho I think Rive Gauche is okay. I haven't tried the limited light version, although IÄve heard it's just a watered down version of Rive Gauche, which you can achieve yourself by spraying lightly...