Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The official CK Be Thread :)

So I was reading OlfaOmega's thread about under appreciated frags & was SO HAPPY that a lot of people mentioned CK Be!!!!! This is my "signature" frag and have loved it ever since it was released. I've heard it referred to as an "anti frag" because it smells so natural. I love all the musk it releases. Tell me why you love this frag!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: The official CK Be Thread :)

CkBe was one of the first scents that I went nuts over. I found that it had a kind of grapefruit quality in the topnotes, and something sweet and syrupy but not sweet in an Oriental way. Something like canned peaches and pears. When it came out I found it to be really novel. And at the time, the Calvin Klein brand was all the rage.

It was my signature scent for a time as well, Cologne Junkie. I had received a bottle of Polo as a Christmas gift from my first girlfriend (I had meant to tell her that I wanted Polo Sport, but I just said Polo...and so she got me original Polo. As much as I liked the smell, it gave me a severe rash everywhere I applied it. So I exchanged it for that bottle of CkBe I wanted.

CkBe was the only scent I was wearing back then when I lost my virginity. So I equate it with that. That and Escape for Men, which I wore alot on dates (though I only had it in sample form, eventually I bought a bottle which I never even wore -I just bought it because of the association with good times.

Actually Escape reminds me the most of my first sexual encounters, because in addition to being something I wore, it smells kind of like how my girlfriend smelled, all youthful, dewy, and like a new car... well not like a new car literally, but it's a kind of analogy... it smells like that tangle of youth where lipstick is smudged, hair is messed up, and going by smell, you can't tell where you end and she begins...

Now I'm some hardened creep who wears Kouros just to push the boundaries...
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Post Thanks / Like

Indie! You´re back!!!!?

CK be is awesome, and as I mentioned earlier the only bottle I have finished in many, many years. Especially after the gym, when you´re exhausted and hungry, not in the mood for heavy stuff, it´s a lovely invigorating tonic. Junipery, white musk freshness - will be in my warddrobe always.

MMM

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that there are times when a heavier fragrance is just not desired--cK be is the perfect scent because it is warm and discreet and just melds into the natural body fragrance.

Sorry I don't have a story to tell about it.

i really like cKbe but i haven't worn it in a long while and once i finished a small bottle i didn't get it again, i would in the future but i'm not sure when...it really an unmistakable scent and there's a shadowiness and something goth to it that i really like...
    whenever i smell it outside i turn my head to see who is wearing it or where does it come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my story with CK Be is short. *when my mother came back from paris she brought a bottle with her. *I knew It was an Unisex fragrance and tried some... It seemed to be a weak and feminine scent at that time. (I was used to wear Azzaro, Polo, Lacoste, Lapidus) and It's the memory I keep of it.
    After basenotes I'm a new man. I even bought CK Crave!!! * And I LIKE IT! ;D

You all got me thinking -- I used to wear CK Be all the time as it was my signature scent for a while. And I loved it. Thanks for the inspiration to reunite me with this lovely uplifting frag. MMM is right, after the gym is perfect - not too heavy, just right and refreshing -- and never cloying. ~mm
    Peace ~ Markymark

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love this fragrance for the reasons already mentioned: it's subtle, clean, musk and fruit. One of the few fragrances I have been complimented on. I never get tired of this one.

I loved it back then (was one of the faves on my ex-girlfriends list, together with allure woman),
    now it has made it to the classics alltogether with her too, lol

back then when I didn't know how to describe it, it smelled 'electrifying' somehow (mainly becuse of the tonka notes)

a refreshing 'tonic' that stays close to the body

every now and then I smell it on girls that pass by here in Vienna and it's absolutely gorgeous

Post Thanks / Like

tried it today for the first time. Its just like everybody's saying, and reminds me very much of Bvlgari PH or even Gendarme. cleeeeeean. I think I prefer it to both Bvlagri and Gendarme.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this sounds awesome ima have to try it out. I love TM Cologne, and this sounds quite similar, but perhaps less soapy? How similar is it to TMC? Hmmmm, I could also picture it smelling a bit like Canali. Of course since I haven't tried it yet, this is all conjecture. One way or another I will try it next time I get the chance.

I just wanted to reinterate that I think this is one of the best scents ever. I keep smelling myself. I think it's also extremely weak and would think you have to be very close up to smell it. If you wanted to make a cheap generic list of colognes I think anybody would do great with CK Be, D&G PH, Drakkar Noire and one gourmand for variety.

Colognejunkie I know you always talk about Clean for Men. I know it's expensive but does it actually smell like CKBe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ck__ View Post
    Colognejunkie I know you always talk about Clean for Men. I know it's expensive but does it actually smell like CKBe?
    I think it does! I'm surprised that I never caught the similarity until just a couple weeks ago. Clean Men is more effervescent, though. They both start off a bit fruity/flowery and dry down to a fresh and clean musk. Clean Men actually lasts a great deal longer than CK be, from my experience. But both are superb frags when you want something clean & fresh.

It's funny that this thread was ressurected today...CK be is my SOTD!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Old thread! Was actually searching for a 'goth' frag....

Anyway, CKbe is and has been for a number of years, on my dresser and in my handbag!

I dont care much for the top notes, they pinch my nose and smell very masculine, like mens shower gel, but the dry down is incredible. Its clean and powdery (not in an old lady way, more a sheer dusting), reminds me of clean linen. Depending on how much you use, it'll make a room smell nice (always get people in the office asking what the smell is! I assume its the CKBe and not my body odor, lol), but it sits close to the skin also, so it's a lovely comfort scent for me. It's perfect for late summer evenings, when it is still warm there is a chill once the sun has set.

And whats great is that not many people wear it. As a fan of this frag I'm quite sensitive to it and can smell it a mile off, and this doesnt appear to be a commonly worn one. Which is good! Its a hidden treasure over shadowed by it big bro CKOne.

Its very affordable too.

I always thought CK Be was better than CK One and that Be smelt more for a man and One for a lady. While they are both unisex I felt each fit a particular sex better. I remember trying it at a Lord and Taylor fragrance counter. I had been wearing those light 90's type scents having burnt out on those heavy 70's and 80's scents in eighties. This had some warmth, very light spicyness and was unique to me. I received it as a Christmas gift that year. Only used one 3.4 oz bottle however and never revisited. It kinda smells like hair spray to me now.
    Last edited by Titan; 15th March 2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't be without a bottle... it's one of my top must have frags for all year round use

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

I had this frag about 9 months ago but sold it to a co-worker because I was buying so many new scents at the time that I needed to clear room.

Just the other day I was at Kohl's and decided to revisit it. I was surprised to find some differences to what I remember (mind you from only 9 months ago)! The smell I was used to was there, but I also detected some other notes that I didn't remember being there before.

Has anyone noticed if this has been reformulated? The bottle I sold was about 4 years old, but always kept in a dark and secure place. So I don't think my bottle had turned.

The *only* other thing that may be happening is someone may have got cute and tampered with their tester. The spray does screw right off, so maybe someone used one of the other available testers and sprayed some into the bottle.

It smelled like CKBe + a little melon!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, never tried it, but I will have to give it a look.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey I remember this thread . It's REALLY REALLY funny this got brought up today...'cause CK be is my SOTD AGAIN!!! Last time this thread was ressurected, it was my SOTD as well. Creepy.

I've owned CK be pretty much constantly for the last decade or so. I don't think it was ever reformulated...all of my bottles have pretty much smelled the same. However, I've noticed that sometimes it smells just a little different on my skin from time to time. This happens even when I'm spraying from the same bottle. I attribute that to my own funky chemistry.
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 12th September 2008 at 09:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Resurrecting old threads here, anyways I was actually looking at my 200ml bottle of cK Be this morning and wondering if it was going to be my SOTD but instead I went for The 3rd Man; I'll be sure to revisit this juice again tomorrow. Oh the memories of this big black bottle. First juice I've ever tried in my life!

Resurrecting this thread. @Colognejunkie-- I was wondering if you think that there is a way to make it last longer or project a little better, as this is the only problem with this beautiful cologne? This is one of my favorite scents, but sillage is a little weak. I also wondered that maybe other people can smell it projecting and it is just one of those scents that you can't smell on yourself very well?

Is it possible that I just can't smell it, but other people can?