Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro Visit- advice

I would really like to wear this scent more, but I feel like I get little whiffs of B.O. odor from it (right after a shower, too).

Has anyone smelled this frag on other people? What is your impression of it? I'm not really looking for compliments (gosh is that a popular subject lately), I just don't want to offend people.

I'm just wondering what y'all think about Visit. Also, I'm curious where/when you would wear it.

thank
    -ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Default Re: Azzaro Visit- advice

you applying it to your underarms?
    j/k

I wore it, and never thought it smells like BO. I got many compliments the night i wore it and went to a Latin club to salsa. Latin dances are great because the bodies are so close that the other person (a woman in my case) can catch whiffs of your cologne. And everyone I danced with loved what I was wearing, Azaro Visit.

I didn't really like Visit. At first sprayed it smelled very alcoholy and became cloying all ~12hours (amazing longevity!). Someone who smelled it said it smelled really sweet, feminine like. I didn't get that association, but thought it was very peppery. I don't hate it per se, but it is not one of my favorites. I certainly don't get the BO assocation though.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago in a store and took home a sample. I've tested it now a couple of times, and I'm sorry to say I find it really... NASTY. There's a very bitter, synthetic note that I get immediately and throughout the drydown. But looking at the reviews in the Directory, it apparently does have quite a following. For me it's a huge NO.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Duc de Vervins, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme, Bentley Intense; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

I got a miniature of this today for my purchase of chrome. To me Visit smells like dry incense scent like one of those CdG incense series. I detect no BO smell though.

I LOVE VISIT....LOVE IT LOVE IT.....
    My wife likes it too...She will not just say that to appease me either...
    She's really honest when it comes to my addiction. ;D

Give it some time. You'll come around....

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    Azarro Visit - ugh....all I get from this is the sharp, bitter smell of the alcohol used by nurses to clean my skin before they stick a needle in me. And this smell is unique. My store-bought rubbing alcohol doesn't seem to smell the same. One of those psychological/olfactory tricks I guess.
    Love this stuff. Quite unique. Sharp, sweet wood. This is one i just didn't "get" at first but it got such rave reviews here on Basenotes, I knew I had to be missing something. All i could smell throughout the drydown was pure alcohol. Something must have been wrong with my smellies (smell-endings? smell-buds? whatever). Anyhoo, i tried it a few more times and one day i "understood." *Now i get it.....the cedar...the pepper...the incense.
    <edit> BO?? Never smelled the slightest hint of BO from this stuff.

I am a HUGE fan of Visit and it's the one scent I recommend to noobs looking for an affordable good scent. IMHO it's one of the very best mainstream frags within the last several years, along with Brit, Arpege, Varvatos and Dior Homme.

When I wore it to work one day a co-worker smelled it and bought a bottle for her husband on her lunch hour!

Do not get the BO thing at all.

Give it some time. You'll come around....

[quote author=MadScientist link=1103654373/0#13 date=1103662997]Azarro Visit - ugh....all I get from this is the sharp, bitter smell of the alcohol used by nurses to clean my skin before they stick a needle in me. And this smell is unique. My store-bought rubbing alcohol doesn't seem to smell the same. One of those psychological/olfactory tricks I guess.
    Love this stuff. Quite unique. Sharp, sweet wood. This is one i just didn't "get" at first but it got such rave reviews here on Basenotes, I knew I had to be missing something. All i could smell throughout the drydown was pure alcohol. Something must have been wrong with my smellies (smell-endings? smell-buds? whatever). Anyhoo, i tried it a few more times and one day i "understood." Now i get it.....the cedar...the pepper...the incense.
    <edit> BO?? Never smelled the slightest hint of BO from this stuff.
    [/quote]

Well, guess I'm not wierd enough to be the only one who thought of the alcohol assocation hehe. I guess I'll have to try it a few more times to appreciate/like it. Everyone on basenotes seems to like it a lot...

I think there was a discussion a while ago that mentioned Cartier Declaration and how it reminded some people of BO. The cardamom in Declaration seemed to be the culprit. Visit, also, has cardamom in the opening. Maybe you were making the same connection as made about Declaration. Both scents also have pepper. I could vaguely see how the combination of cardamom and pepper might be construded as BO, although I don't make that connection.

I personally think cardemom smells like cardamom and I don't get any BO from either scent. I love Visit and dislike Declaration.

It's probably not the Visit that I was smelling, then. I am hypersensitive to BO, and I seem to smell it when other people can't. I suspect that certain plastics give off a note that gives me a BO impression, and that may have been what I was smelling last night. I could smell it when I was drinking out of a big plastic cup right after I took a shower, and I figured the culprit was my freshly-applied Visit being somewhat concentrated in the area in front of my face.
    Who knows. I'm hungover today, and there are many things that smell worse to me right now than they usually do.
    I am loving the B*Men on my testing arm, though.

And hey- I have little tiny floaters in my bottle of Visit. You can only see them if you hold the bottle up to the light in a certain way. Can someone take a close look at their bottle and confirm that I have either lost my mind or I have bought a rotten bottle of Visit?
    Nihil Obstat Ben

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    I think there was a discussion a while ago that mentioned Cartier Declaration and how it reminded some people of BO. The cardamom in Declaration seemed to be the culprit. Visit, also, has cardamom in the opening. Maybe you were making the same connection as made about Declaration. Both scents also have pepper. I could vaguely see how the combination of cardamom and pepper might be construded as BO, although I don't make that connection.

I personally think cardemom smells like cardamom and I don't get any BO from either scent. I love Visit and dislike Declaration.
    I was one of them...Once a person told me: "I have never smelled BO from you, but today you actually do.." The scent I was wearing was Declaration:P

Have never smelled Visit, though..

Visit is probably my favorite right now. The opening is quite strong with a lot of nutmeg and pepper, but the drydown is magic and it lasts like 14 hours. It DOES have a synthetic tinge to it, but I like it. It smells kinda like a street after it rains to me. And, like everyone else here, i do not get any BO from it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

All I smell in Visit is cedar. It smells like cedar tree that just went through a wood chipper. There might be other notes, but to my nose Visit is purely moist cedar. It's not as dry as CdG Sequoia, nor is it as musty as Heeley's Eau de Cedre.

Maybe I really do have a bad bottle.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

Visit is one of my top favorites, possibly my very favorite scent of all. I get pepper, nutmeg, cedar, incense and musk from it. No BO and the opposite of sweet or feminine--very dry and masculine. I can see someone finding it too peppery or woodsy, but not sweet. I guess everyone's skin and nose are different.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    All I smell in Visit is cedar. It smells like cedar tree that just went through a wood chipper. There might be other notes, but to my nose Visit is purely moist cedar. It's not as dry as CdG Sequoia, nor is it as musty as Heeley's Eau de Cedre.

Maybe I really do have a bad bottle.
    as a famous tucan once said, 'just follow your nose'
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

This is great stuff. The nutmeg might smell a little off but it's great. And its longevity is without comparison (at least in my little wardrobe).

I can see why some can associate a BO nature to it. While I smell it as a clean woody scent, the sharpness of it can be mistaken for BO, minus the "onion smell" that I catch along with the sharp odor of BO.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

greyhueofdoubt,

I actually agree with you on your description of Visit. And for that odd and maybe twisted reason, I find it enjoyable to wear yet I feel a little uneasy wearing it out, especially on a warm day!