Code of Conduct

Default Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain

Let me just start off by saying that if this stuff had been around two years ago when I was on a quest to find a great incense fragrance, my search would have been over in a flash. L'Air du Desert Marocain can easily hold its own against any of the CdG Incense Series fragances.

It starts off with a very dry spiciness somewhat in between that of Malle's Noir Epices and Versace Black Jeans. It doesn't have any of NE's floral notes or that synthetic musk note which just kills NE for me. It's much smoother than the jagged spice notes of Black Jeans' opening notes. After 45 minutes or so, I'm getting intense waves of incense reminiscent of a darker, denser version of CdG Avignon. Underneath all this are dark, powdery, "sawdust at a sawmill" wood notes which remind me a bit of Kenzo Jungle, except the wood in L'Air du Desert Marocain is much darker, warmer, drier and much less sweet. After 4 or 5 hours a nice, subtle vetiver note surfaces.

L'Air du Desert Marocain exudes an amazingly comforting sillage. Maybe it doesn't have some of the more adventuresome notes that are found throughout the CdG Incense Series, but what L'Air du Desert Marocain gives up in this respect, it certainly gains in that it is MUCH more natural smelling than any of the CdGs (the more I've worn the CdGs, the more they strike me as being a bit too synthetic in their overall feel ... :-/)

Seems like L'Air du Desert Marocain ought to be getting talked about more on the boards ... :-?

top: coriander, cumin, petitgrain
    middle: rock rose, jasmine
    base: warm woods, cedar, vetiver, amber
    ..."net", not "naut".

Default Re: Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain

There was a thread about this just a few weeks ago:
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...1142807416/0#0

and another:
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...1138383967/0#0

You find much more complexity in this fragrance than me. I thought it was rather simple and with a too strong "hot pine wood" note.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I think it is really good. Stoneskipper's review is right on the money. I am trying to convince myself to go for a bottle, although it is so potent, I don't know what I am going to do with 100cc of the stuff.

I am so pleased that you love it, stoneskipper. Andy certainly deserves the praise.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Just received the bottle I won on EBAY.....VERY NICE.
    Another winner...(The wife is REALLY liking this one as well)

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Just received the bottle I won on EBAY.....VERY NICE.
    Another winner...(The wife is REALLY liking this one as well)

Yea, I watched you win that one, you dog, you!

Thought about bidding, but figured you would just beat me, so I just watched. Congratulations, I am very jealous.