Code of Conduct

Default The Power of Terre

Terre is a tour de force. Grapefruit and orange not an issue as they dissipate straightaway. Like a dry Martini with lots of wood and bone dry vetiver shouldered by red pepper and patchouli. I smell ash, pine, underbrush, rock, dust, yet no note stands out. Like wet cement and freshy mowed grass under a smoldering sun.

At one point, when turning, I detected some of the notes of A*Men, without the sweet, yet not. Please explain. I'm confused.

The wonder of it all...

Why So Serious?

Default Re: The Power of Terre

I know exactly what you mean. *It is the patchouli and vetiver. *A*men has a noticeable patchouli note too. *Also, the Terre has a sweet character on the dry-down, it contains benzoin. *So that sweet patchouli combination is probably what you're detecting in both fragrances, thus making them similar in the slightest.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    I know exactly what you mean. It is the patchouli and vetiver. A*men has a noticeable patchouli note too. Also, the Terre has a sweet character on the dry-down, it contains benzoin. So that sweet patchouli combination is probably what you're detecting in both fragrances, thus making them similar in the slightest.
    HackerX,

I noticed your top 5 list below your message.

How much do you like Vetiver Tonka? How would you compare it to Terre? Sorry if you said this in another thread.

Also, I like a subtle fragrance. Somthing that doesn't introduce myself to people a mile away. I also like masculine scents, but nothing too masculine. However, more masculine is better than being more feminine.

I also like scents that are unique. I don't like anything that is too sweet and definately nothing too cloying.

I'm in my mid-20s. Which one would you recommend? VT or TdH?

I finally tried this yesterday evening, on a card. Terre must be a skin scent, because as it dried down on the card it turned from vetiver-like to smelling downright like a cleaning product. Am I missing something with this one!!??

Ric,
    Yes, I sadly think you are missing something. But all you're missing is a shot of it on your skin.

I did the same thing, sprayed a card, but I sprayed the back of my hand too. On the card it went to nothing--faded and gave the smell of wet paper (the card itself). On my skin I got its whole ride, which was interesting but not enough to sell the scent to me. I'll have to repeat the experience a few times, same as I did with L'Instant PH, which turned me around on it.
    Best for certain,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by youngscholar
    [quote author=HackerX link=1143779696/0#1 date=1143780230]I know exactly what you mean. *It is the patchouli and vetiver. *A*men has a noticeable patchouli note too. *Also, the Terre has a sweet character on the dry-down, it contains benzoin. *So that sweet patchouli combination is probably what you're detecting in both fragrances, thus making them similar in the slightest.
    HackerX,

I noticed your top 5 list below your message.

How much do you like Vetiver Tonka? How would you compare it to Terre? Sorry if you said this in another thread.

Also, I like a subtle fragrance. Somthing that doesn't introduce myself to people a mile away. I also like masculine scents, but nothing too masculine. However, more masculine is better than being more feminine.

I also like scents that are unique. I don't like anything that is too sweet and definately nothing too cloying.

I'm in my mid-20s. Which one would you recommend? VT or TdH?[/quote]

Sent you a PM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I've only tried this on a card also (so take my comments with a grain of salt), but I found the drydown very dry, yet rich and "savory".
    Almost like Vegemite. :P
    Yum! For a Kiwi lad, this is a very, very good thing. :

G

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Ric,
    Yes, I sadly think you are missing something. But all you're missing is a shot of it on your skin.

I did the same thing, sprayed a card, but I sprayed the back of my hand too. On the card it went to nothing--faded and gave the smell of wet paper (the card itself). On my skin I got its whole ride, which was interesting but not enough to sell the scent to me. I'll have to repeat the experience a few times, same as I did with L'Instant PH, which turned me around on it.
    Best for certain,
    --Chris

Hey Chris! Good to hear from you man.. Well, you said it, it's got to be a full out skin test tomorrow when I'm out..