Code of Conduct

Default YSL Rive gauche or Versace Black jeans?

Hi guys,

my favourite frag when I go out is Rive gauche. I am 23 years old and I liked it very much. I feel very secure when I wear it.

My question now is: I ve heard that Black jeans smells very similar. I cannot test this frag, because it has been discontinued so I need your opinion. How would you compare these two frags? Which one is better and why? Which one has given you the most compliments?

I also like "Contradiction" by Calvin Klein. I think its not bad, but not as good as Rive gauche. Whats your opinion??

Thanks for your comments!!

Default Re: YSL Rive gauche or Versace Black jeans?

I would go with Versace Black Jeans. Just make sure they fit perfectly, and I also recommend to get them with bootcut pantlegs. :P

Versace Black Jeans sometimes smells alot like Kouros if you carefully sniff the crotch. Worth a try!

Black Jeans is a lot louder and spicier than Rive Gauche. I'd never have thought them similar at all. I like it a lot, but have never thought much of Rive Gauche.
    Renato

Hey there,
    I would say both scents are in the somewhat same category, spicy, masculine and not very subtle. I own and like both but they do indeed smell very differently. The Black Jeans is a little more excentric, really represents the house well in general I must say, quirky is another attribute that comes to mind. Juniper, musk and vetiver is what I smell mostly, the result is very original and really doesn´t remind me of anything else (maybe ever so slightly of Mat;Male),. There´s some spice in there as well, the pyramid indicates nutmeg but I get a faint licorice as well. Overall a very cool scent, unfortunately discontinued -so stock will fade eventually.
    I say go for it!
    MMM

And which one is better for clubbing or having a date with a girl?

By all means ... get both! You'll ALWAYS find an occasion to wear either one of these.

Both great frags ... both worth owning.

By coincidence I just picked up a bottle of Black Jeans for like $6. Can't wait to try it out now, hearing all these positive responses.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    By all means ... get both! *You'll ALWAYS find an occasion to wear either one of these. *

Both great frags ... both worth owning.

So true...so true!

Funny thing i just picked up a bottle for $6 as well on Ebay, still waiting for this to arrive in the mail but very much looking forward to it 8-)...Gio

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    By coincidence I just picked up a bottle of Black Jeans for like $6. *Can't wait to try it out now, hearing all these positive responses.
    WOW! Black Jeans was one of my first *real* colognes and it has always been one of my favorite, I found some bottles for $25 and bought 2 to stock up. Hope you like it-- actually I hope you hate it so that more will be available for me in the future ;D