Code of Conduct

Default how peppery is Sander for Men?

Hi guys-

In my ongoing quest to find great peppery scents, Im now locking Sander for Men in my sights. Anybody have some feedback on this? What I have been looking for is something with that middle jamaican pepper of Allure Homme. Is Sander anything like that? Ive tried some other peppers that didnt cut it: Bulgari PH (too subtle), Piper Nigrum (not subtle enough), Allure Homme Sport (where did my beloved pepper go?),Miracle Homme (vegetable pepper, not black pepper. stupid me) Thanks!

Default Re: how peppery is Sander for Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Hi guys-

In my ongoing quest to find great peppery scents, Im now locking Sander for Men in my sights. Anybody have some feedback on this? What I have been looking for is something with that middle jamaican pepper of Allure Homme. Is Sander anything like that? Ive tried some other peppers that didnt cut it: Bulgari PH (too subtle), Piper Nigrum (not subtle enough), Allure Homme Sport (where did my beloved pepper go?),Miracle Homme (vegetable pepper, not black pepper. stupid me) Thanks!
    I'm afraid I haven tried "sander for men" but If you are looking for an utterly peppery experience, you definitely need to test-drive the elegant "Poivre" from the venerable House of Caron. The initial burst is fiery in character, one is met with the sensation of a fusion of pepper with cloves & geranium, this fragrance has a certain "je nais se quois" about it, I found I could travel without moving - I was transported to the stars above, I find it simply breathtaking.

IMHO Poivre is on the cutting edge & i'm yet to experience anything better...

Let your nose be your pilot

Phil, I don`t think it`s that peppery at all. I like it though very much: Suprisingly unique scent, and I assume it`s one of those scents that ladies especially will like. You know; it has some fresh qualities to it, but then there is also some sweet woods at the bottom, and some insence to add some full-bodied nature which can be very exotic and sexy. I get some fruits out of it as well, and, if it matters the bottle looks very nice also.
    Recommemded, absolutely.

*** ;D

It is extraordinarily sharp. "I could never really warm up to it all that much. That being said though it is unique and has a lot more character than many of the scents that are out there in mass distribution. I thought I read that this scent was discontinued....am I wrond there?

I keep going back and forth on this one. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't It is freshish, slightly peppery,and very sweet. It is sweeter that the notes would indicate. Sander tends to get cloying on my skin unless I go very lightly. This is nice but a definite try before you buy.

sounds like a pass... thanks guys!

It's not peppery, but I think it is a very great scent...Some say it's similar to Allure, but I find it a lot more fruitier and with some vegetable-like notes. Quite unique, and IMO, an absolute worth to try for you, since you are quite fond of Allure

If sharp, clear pepper is what you're after, then you definitely need to give Ralph Lauren's Polo Sport Extreme a try! The sharpest, clearest pepper I've ever appreciated in a scent. Malle's Noir Epices is also pretty good, but nothing like Polo Sport Extreme in this regard.

Jeff