Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When Fahrenheit goes bad

About 12 years ago, my father gave me one of my first fragrances: *a 50 ml edt bottle *of Fahrenheit. *The bottle is strange because it's a splash and contains no atomizer like most EDTs. *I found the scent appalling way back then and still do. *I never really used it much but the bottle is half-empty. * I just took it out today and it's gone really bad. *It's pure gasoline fumes! *Makes me nauseous. *Still, I can't part with the bottle as it's a lovely bottle, and I cherish the sentimentality of the gift from my father.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: When Fahrenheit goes bad

When Fahrenheit goes bad - is that when you open the bottle the first time? :P

Keep it for sentimental reasons if nothing else.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Propaganda13
    When Fahrenheit goes bad - is that when you open the bottle the first time? *:P
    Lol...my thought was, how could you tell?

I quite like Fahrenheit. I don't really use it, but I like it.

I LOVE Fahrenheit. When I first smelled it I definitely got the gasoline association (if it smells like gasoline that doesn't necessarily mean it's gone bad), but it's really grown on me a lot to the point where it's one my favorites and the gasoline aspect doesn't stand out to me anymore.

This may be a weird association, but Fahrenheit actually reminds me a lot of Chanel Egoiste, except that where the sandalwood in Egoiste is sweet and creamy, in Fahrenheit it is more dry and biting, and I find it a lot more pleasant and wearable in any weather.

Very positive reaction from GF too ;-).

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Post Thanks / Like

When Fahrenheit goes bad - is that when you open the bottle the first time?
    Oh, I know how Fahrenheit feels!

I have one of the greatest singing voices around, but it somehow always seems to go bad once it comes out. I'm guessing Fahrenheit is suffering from similar syndrome...

Why would anybody post a stupid - not to mention pointless - message like this when he very well understands he could and should just delete it? Strange!

Post Thanks / Like

i rally don't get the gasoline association. to me it smells flowery and soft
    strange :-/

Uh? i thought it was supposed to smell like fumes! I LOVE Fahrenheit!
    .... now i want an airport smelling cologne...