Code of Conduct

Default Anyone else LOVE Original Santal??

Who has smelled this? It is new but amazing. It starts out so fresh with that Sandalwood note lasting the whole way. Dried down it gets lighter and a bit less fresh, maybe even a littel sweeter. It is very good and if Nieman Marcus didn't sell it for $195 then I would have bought it right there on the spot. GO TRY THIS!!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone else LOVE Original Santal??

I found the sweetness and orangey note a little disturbing at first, and the first time I tested it, I didn't buy it. But I had sprayed some on my skin, and as it dried down, I decided I should give it another try the next time I was in the place where they were selling it. I went back, tried it again, and bought it on the spot! I've worn it a few times now. I also like the Santal Impérial a lot (original formulation date 1850!).
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

The sweetness is what keeps me from moving this one higher on my list. I've tried it several times now and every time I am somehow reminded of something like an extremely sweet, milky beverage. I read an earlier review/thread on this board that really lambasted OS. I have to say I don't dislike it as much as that thread had me thinking I might, but I also still find it to be too sweet for my tastes.

I like the the extreme, Creed-level purity of this one. *But I only wear it in the house. *It smells great though. *

There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    I found the sweetness and orangey note a little disturbing at first, and the first time I tested it, I didn't buy it. But I had sprayed some on my skin, and as it dried down, I decided I should give it another try the next time I was in the place where they were selling it. I went back, tried it again, and bought it on the spot! I've worn it a few times now. I also like the Santal Impérial a lot (original formulation date 1850!).
    You are lucky. I love Santal Imperial. I would rather buy Original Santal though. You are lucky to have it...

I'm a staunch defender I've had mine for 8 months now, and have found that it wears much better with a light misting. It seems when sprayed in this manner, the contrasting of notes is more apparent.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Haven't tried this or smelled it yet, but EnvYuS looks like you are a having a lot of fun in New York .

Maisonstinky.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Yes! I love it, too. Got it a few weeks ago, cost €105 here in Austria, 75ml. Starts out rather sweet (fruit punch, cinnamon), but the drydown is a sublime, very classy sandalwood that I just can't stop sniffing. The development is amazing.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

I am sorry I have to say but I absolutely hate it, if we are talking about the Santal from Creed, sandalwood is best paired with warm notes maybe creamy notes not an orange! UPATE: Ooops, I just realized it is Etro's sandal or whatever that I absolutely hate, this one is OK!

Bought 3 x 2ml vials off eBay about 12 months ago
    Distinctive warm classy fragrance

It came out over here last summer and for me, it was love at first sniff.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I think the top a little bit "rough" and almost synthetic, and sticky sweet but I agree the dry down is much nicer.

I got the medium bottle for $80.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47