Code of Conduct

Default What do you think about Versace Jeans Couture?

Hi Folks!
    Any thoughts about that fragrance?

Thanks!

Default Re: What do you think about Versace Jeans Couture?

I had a bottle a really long time ago, forgot how it smelt but it's very similair to Emporio Armani White.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    I had a bottle a really long time ago, forgot how it smelt but it's very similair to Emporio Armani White.
    And what does it mean? (I have never tested Emporio White)

Jeans Couture smells exactly like an intense version of Armani Mania Pour Homme. I prefer it to Mania, it's more colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by yepyep
    Jeans Couture smells exactly like an intense version of Armani Mania Pour Homme. *I prefer it to Mania, it's more colorful.
    After all, How does it smell like?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. It's a hard fragrance to describe, but I'm sure someone will be able to describe it to you.

Hard to describe because it does not stand out in my memory but I do remember not liking it at all.

It's one of the crop of subtle fougere scents that came out in the last few years.
    It's subtle like Armani White, but doesn't quite smell like it.
    Same style as Rive Gauche, except that Rive Gauche has one sharp note in it to hint at its presence, whereas I have difficulty finding one in Jeans Couture.
    Imagine sort of a very toned down version of Gucci Nobile, to get the general idea.

I recollect that you are more into louder scents. I doubt this would be one for you, unless your wardrobe is in need of at least one inoffensive subtle one.

You'll note we are all having a hard time describing it.
    Renato

I like it very much and it's the one that has got me the most compliments of all my frags!

It can't really describe the scent but what I can say is that it's 'weird' and definately non-floral.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    It's one of the crop of subtle fougere scents that came out in the last few years.
    It's subtle like Armani White, but doesn't quite smell like it.
    Same style as Rive Gauche, except that Rive Gauche has one sharp note in it to hint at its presence, whereas I have difficulty finding one in Jeans Couture.
    Imagine sort of a very toned down version of Gucci Nobile, to get the general idea.

I recollect that you are more into louder scents. I doubt this would be one for you, unless your wardrobe is in need of at least one inoffensive subtle one.

You'll note we are all having a hard time describing it.
    Renato
    You're right, Renato! I'm in fond of louder scents, usually classic ones, but I decided to buy some fresh, inoffensive fragrances. I think I'm trying to balance my wardrobe, I have too many distinct ones (Gentleman, Trussardi, Antaeus, Bogart, One man show, Quorum, Kouros, Paco Rabbane, Azzaro, Jacomo de jacomo, Boucheron etc.) and just some fresh/watery/inoffensive...
    Since this is the hotest year of the decade in Brazil, my beloved classics are getting a bit cloying and I need fragrances to put on extreme rotation and spray without guilty!!
    I've already started my plan: bought Chrome (warning: This one is not innofensive, It's intoxicating! I really like it), Ck Crave (yeah, this one is inoffensive) and Claiborne Sport (inoffensive too). All three are nice! Now, Is it the time for Versace Jeans Couture?

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    You're right, Renato! I'm in fond of louder scents, usually classic ones, but I decided to buy some fresh, inoffensive fragrances. I think I'm trying to balance my wardrobe, I have too many distinct ones (Gentleman, Trussardi, Antaeus, Bogart, One man show, Quorum, Kouros, Paco Rabbane, Azzaro, Jacomo de jacomo, Boucheron etc.) and just some fresh/watery/inoffensive...
    Since this is the hotest year of the decade in Brazil, my beloved classics are getting a bit cloying and I need fragrances to put on extreme rotation and spray without guilty!!
    I've already started my plan: bought Chrome (warning: This one is not innofensive, It's intoxicating! I really like it), Ck Crave (yeah, this one is inoffensive) and Claiborne Sport (inoffensive too). All three are nice! Now, Is it the time for Versace Jeans Couture?
    It's a lot more subtle than Clairborne Sport, but probably a bit more formal. I've just smelled my wrist where I sprayed it about 7 hours ago, and it's still going okay. So if it's inoffensive you want, Jeans Couture would certainly fit the bill, as would Rive Gauche, Armani White, Emporio Armani and maybe even good skin huggers like Gucci Rush.

Glad to see the Chrome is working out. I now have a 100ml bottle of it, a 30ml bottle which is two thirds used from my last trip, and six 20ml bottles for future trips. I think it's my scent of choice when travelling in hot weather, closely followed by Laguna and Diesel ++ .
    Renato

[quote author=RCavs link=1142544647/0#9 date=1142604091]
    It's a lot more subtle than Clairborne Sport, but probably a bit more formal. I've just smelled my wrist where I sprayed it about 7 hours ago, and it's still going okay. So if it's inoffensive you want, Jeans Couture would certainly fit the bill, as would Rive Gauche, Armani White, Emporio Armani and maybe even good skin huggers like Gucci Rush.

Glad to see the Chrome is working out. I now have a 100ml bottle of it, a 30ml bottle which is two thirds used from my last trip, and six 20ml *bottles for future trips. I think it's my scent of choice when travelling in hot weather, closely followed by Laguna and Diesel ++ .
    Renato[/quote]

Thanks, Renato! This will be my next purchase! ;D

Thanks, Renato! This will be my next purchase! *;D
    Good luck. I'll be interested to see whether you like or dislike it, and if you can offer some form of viable description of it, where we've all pretty much failed to do so.
    Renato

Hello Folks!

Renato, my versace jeans Couture was delivered today! Thank you very, very much for your description! I inserted some comments on what you said recently!
    Man, are you the new Milamber?

Have you been training your nose these days? That's it! Your description matches with what I smell! Amazing!

Precisely, Renato! You couldn't be more accurate!!! That's exactly what I'm smelling now: a subtle, yet formal fragrance, inoffensive, thus versatile, delicious!
    I also notice a light green aromme, a bit citrusy, mixed with some floral notes... Maybe the Violets?
    That's what I was looking for. I don't know if I am being induced by its name, but I see myself wearing a casual jeans and a basic white t-shirt while wearing this fragrance!

Good luck. I'll be interested to see whether you like or dislike it, and if you can offer some form of viable description of it, where we've all pretty much failed to do so.
    Renato
    If you failed, I can't imagine what would be a success for you, man! ;D

If you failed, I can't imagine what would be a success for you, man! * ;D
    Phew - I'm glad you liked it after all that.

I think I'm pretty good at comparing general attributes of scents - which is just as well since, unlike Milamber and many others here, I'm nearly hopeless at describing specific notes. You'll notice I rarely mention notes in my comparisons.
    Renato

Phew - I'm glad you liked it after all that.

I think I'm pretty good at comparing general attributes of scents - which is just as well since, unlike Milamber and many others here, I'm nearly hopeless at describing specific notes. You'll notice I rarely mention notes in my comparisons.
    Renato
    Now I can't wait to put my hands on Halston Unbound (another blind purchase) and see if people's descriptions match with what I'm gonna smell! (everybody considers it as an improved AdG).
    Any thoughts?

[quote author=Renato link=1142544647/0#14 date=1143592545]

Now I can't wait to put my hands on Halston Unbound (another blind purchase) and see if people's descriptions match with what I'm gonna smell! (everybody considers it as an improved AdG).
    Any thoughts? *
    Unfortunately, I've never smelled Unbound.
    Renato

The most incredible thing about jeans Couture is that It starts to exude all its simple beauty after 10-15 minutes... Initially, It's so subtle that you might think you put water on your skin!
    It's interesting... This fragrance becames stronger when the middle notes starts to act and only fades several hours later. But don't expect any powerhouse here, We're still talking about a subtle scent.

I think it's very solid and well made fragrance, nothing too special, but nice to have around. Very underrated here, since it's subtle beauty might not be that easy to appreciate. It's easily above average designer fragrance in my opinon.