Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Parfumeur - First Experiences

Well, I emailed Stéphane at L'Artisan parfumeur and had quite a nice email exchange with him, after which he (very, very promptly!) sent me samples of Dzing!, Passage D'Enfer and Patchouli Patch. Here are some first impressions:

General: Wow, this house has class. Even the packaging on the samplers is elegant, with nice descriptions. The sampler bottles have gold-flake lettering.

Dzing!: Hmmm. For some reson, it smells to me almost *exactly* like Musc Ravageur, but just a hint more "woodsy". Quite nice, really! I'm trying to figure out if this or MR has better longevity and sillage. A very "masculine" unisex fragrance.

Passage D'Enfer: Very fresh, very floral... Quite nice, and i find it actually very relaxing. I don't quite get the incense note though. It reminds me quite strongly of L'Eau par Kenzo.

Patchouli Patch: Wow, this is REALLY smooth. At first it reminds me a lot of Eau Sauvage, but then settles to a very smooth Patchouli. Has quite poor sillage on my skin though.

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur - First Experiences

I really enjoy many of the L'Artisan creations. The major problem I have with them is their longevity and presence. While they are undoubtedly creations of genius, they just don't have enough presence to justify owning them, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sqboy1
    I really enjoy many of the L'Artisan creations. The major problem I have with them is their longevity and presence. While they are undoubtedly creations of genius, they just don't have enough presence to justify owning them, at least for me.

Yup, i'm getting that feeling too, except for Dzing!, which seems one of their strongest. Patchouli Patch actually seems to have a hint of Vetiver in it... Kinda nice... But no sillage.

Hi! I have been very fond of L'Artisan fragrances for a very long time now and I have to admit that they are getting more popular recently. I am glad you like some of their stuff and were able to try such great smells.

Dzing! is something that I am trying to figure out still. It doesn't last on me and there is no sillage. It is an amazing smell though but very dry and kind of earthy to me.

Passage D'Enfer is satans creation. It is terribly unpleasing to my nose and I have nothing really good to say about this one so I'll let it go.

Patchouli Patch is amazing!! It is so natural smelling and has something that makes it sweet. It is one of my next purchases.

I'm just really worried about poor sillage... We'll see how these frags do in hot and humid weather.

Quote Originally Posted by sqboy1
    I really enjoy many of the L'Artisan creations. *The major problem I have with them is their longevity and presence. *While they are undoubtedly creations of genius, they just don't have enough presence to justify owning them, at least for me.
    Ditto for most of the ones I checked out, with the exception of their Premier fig one and Amber Extreme.
    Renato

Ambre Extreme, Mure et Musc Extreme, Mechant Loup but also Dzing last forever on me. L'Artisan is my favourite fragrance house, but with exception of the mentioned scents there really is a longevity issue. On the other hand, some of their creations are so special that it may not be a drawback if they do not overpower.

VdR and Vetiver both easily last 8 hours on me!

If you can... try Tea for Two. It is my favorite and same with my friend. It is loved by girls and it is just amazing. There is great longevity and perfect sillage. You'll like this one and if you are worried about sillage then you need this one...

Ditto on T42 and VdR as the best of the bunch, two of the the longer lasting too. Those two both strike me as similar in style (not scent though, just the "creamy" style) to Patchouli Patch. I'm surprised you don't get incense with Pd'E. We just had a thread last week about how this one smells like Catholic church mass.

l'eau de navigateur lasts a good 8 to 10 hours on my skin and of the samples i've tried i found timbuktu and mechant loup to be fairly long lasting too.

Guys I am definitely going to get Tea for Two. Heard so many great things about it here.

Gets a bit of a slating here though:-

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...3/Fragrances/L

A lot of people complaining that it smells of ashtray.

Anyway is T4T best suited for evenings and is the consensus generally that the longevity is good?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald
    Ambre Extreme, Mure et Musc Extreme, Mechant Loup but also Dzing last forever on me. L'Artisan is my favourite fragrance house, but with exception of the mentioned scents there really is a longevity issue. On the other hand, some of their creations are so special that it may not be a drawback if they do not overpower.
    I agree about Méchant Loup and Ambre Extrême. The others mentioned, I don't own. I find Timbuktu lasts a long time on me. Passage d'Enfer and Patch! are medium-lasting on me, although I wish they lasted longer. Safran Troublant does a little better than the last two.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rose
    Guys I am definitely going to get Tea for Two. Heard so many great things about it here.

Gets a bit of a slating here though:-

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...3/Fragrances/L

A lot of people complaining that it smells of ashtray.

Anyway is T4T best suited for evenings and is the consensus generally that the longevity is good?
    If it smells like ashtrays, just tell me where I can buy some of those ashtrays. *The smokey note is a smokey tea note and doesn't smell anything like tobacco.

I think it's more of an evening fragrance but that surely isn't carved in stone. *It's adaptable.

On me T4T has great longevity--the best of all the L'Artisans I have tried. *Wonderful scent. *

I agree that it smells like smokey tea and not tobacco. Smokey tea with some spice, cream, and honey. I do think it can easily be worn during the day, and I don't think of it at all as a "romantic" scent. It seems pretty casual to me, as do most L'Artisans, probably because of their quirkiness. It's also not something that strikes me as formal. It might work in an office setting too, depending on the arrangement. I like it, better than most L'Artisans in fact, but like most I find it doesn't last on me. But it is great for the first hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    Ditto on T42 and VdR as the best of the bunch, two of the the longer lasting too. Those two both strike me as similar in style (not scent though, just the "creamy" style) to Patchouli Patch. I'm surprised you don't get incense with Pd'E. We just had a thread last week about how this one smells like Catholic church mass.

Ooooh, gotta try T42... Forgot about that one...

Well, I used up the whole sampler bottle of Pd'E and still didn't get the incense note. Might be my skin chemistry, or the heat here, which would also explain why Kouros smells so smooth and gentle on me (but definitely smells of incense!)