Code of Conduct

Thread: lime

Post Thanks / Like

Default lime

being st paddy's day and all here in the good ol usa...and i've been thinking some on green lately and lime and research only brings up the typical lime kinda after shave/bracer/hai karate kinda stuff...any interesting frags out there with a truly excellent treatment of the smell of lime?

Default Re: lime

From what I recall Parfums de Nicolai - Cologne Nature was a great lime fragrance. You might also consider Royall Lyme.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

you can get a good selection of lime-y frags by searching in the basenotes directory. Just type in lime into the 'notes' box and do a search.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Fath's GREEN WATER smelled like minty limes.
    Don't know if that is what is in there, only know how it smelled to me. :
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

[blue]As far as I know, the purest lime fragrance is Caswell Massey's Lime (which uses 3 varieties of lime).

Regards,

scentemental[/blue]

Check out Jo Malone's Lime Basil and Mandarin. Very refreshing without being short-lived as most lime frags tend to be.

Hi Sobranie,

I was toying with the idea of sending you the Oudh Lime sample from Montale, instaed I sent you the Royal Oudh and Black Oudh. Darn >.

I should have called you to ask you darn

Maisonstinky.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to get a lime vibe from good 'ol Guerlain Vetiver! Sort of reminds me of a daquiri recipe a friend "inherited" while tending bar for a few years. Of course, once drydown comes around, the freshness subsides and this vetiver becomes earthy and rich with it's tobacco in the base.

Mmmm......I dunno. Give it a try if you haven't!!

Good luck!!!

;D ;D ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Oh....I just remembered. Contradiction by Calvin Klein has some lime up top, too. I owned this one and liked it, though some recent reviews have been less than favorable.

I better get some more!!

Post Thanks / Like

There are two very nice English fragrances based on Lime: *Extract of West Indian Limes by Geo F Trumper and Limes by Floris. *

The only scent in which I can tolerate lime is Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Tonka, which has a lime pith note right at the top. It's a stunning addition. I find other limes too syrupy.

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone tried Penhaligon's Extract of Limes?
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

The recent hit here, Jean Pascal, has a definite top note of lime (to this nose) that lasts for quite a while.

Griff
    Griff

My current favorite and rapidly disappearing off of Marshal Field's glass counters...

Issey Miyake Summer Fragrance 2006. Wonderful smell, great sillage...lasts long into the day and key note is Lime.

The top notes of Ormonde Jayne's Isfahan (yes i know its called Isfarkand now, but i hate that name!) are dominated by lime.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's too cheap to mention here, but I've always been fond of Rectoverso Man:Blue Atoll which is sort of like Escape plus lime.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

this is great!...thanks everyone...and yes my interest in lime was sparked by the most excellent jean pascal! which i have noticed more since griff mentioned it in his review,...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duxoop772
    Oh....I just remembered. *Contradiction by Calvin Klein has some lime up top, too. *
    This is the only thing in my wardrobe with a noticable (to my nose) lime component. And I think its pretty great. i wouldnt call it 'excellent', but I'd give it a 'great.' my favorite CK bar none.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh....I just remembered. *Contradiction by Calvin Klein has some lime up top, too. *I owned this one and liked it, though some recent reviews have been less than favorable. *
    I used to wear and enjoy Contradiction in part because of the lime note that was held in tension among the woods and musk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I seem to get a lime vibe from good 'ol Guerlain Vetiver! *Sort of reminds me of a daquiri recipe a friend "inherited" while tending bar for a few years. *Of course, once drydown comes around, the freshness subsides and this vetiver becomes earthy and rich with it's tobacco in the base.

Mmmm......I dunno. *Give it a try if you haven't!!

Good luck!!!

;D ;D ;D
    I agree with this but would recommend Guerlain Vetiver eau glacee as it has an amazingly sharp lime / citrus opening accord. It is Vetiver + zing! LOL
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Post Thanks / Like

Laguna, while not a "lime" fragrance, does have a lime topnote that really brings the scent together.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Maybe it's too cheap to mention here, but I've always been fond of Rectoverso Man:Blue Atoll which is sort of like Escape plus lime.
    Renato
    Renato, Sorry to say, the name is too funny for my sense of potty humor.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

I second the Trumper scent, if you really want limes. That said, aside from the "green-ness" of limes and St. Patty's Day, what's the connection? Limes are like the last thing I think of when I think of Ireland. Maybe something with an (Irish) whisky note would be more like it...or L'Anarchiste with that blood note (i.e., blood pudding), or something with peat/earthy notes...

Post Thanks / Like

haha...the only connection was my my peculiar way of associating thoughts...interesting info resulted which i found quite helpful...thats all really

Quote Originally Posted by sobranie
    haha...the only connection was my my peculiar way of associating thoughts...interesting info resulted which i found quite helpful...thats all really
    That's what it's all about! (BTW, I was just kidding - don't want to give the wrong impression.)

Trumpers Lime...unadulterated freshness!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like

L'eau par Kenzo strikes me as lime-y.
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of Floris Summer Limes which is really quite nice (don't know how it stacks up to the original Floris Limes). Rather than being overly citrusy and tart, Summer Limes is made from the Lime Blossom, so it has a nice, soft, smooth, buttery-floral note to it which makes me think of velvet. The longevity isn't the greatest, and it wears close to the skin--but it's one of the better fragrances in the desert heat. Montale's Oud with Lime is pretty interesting, too--I have a sample and when I try it, I can't resist to sniffing.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Geo F Trumper's --Extract of West Indian Limes-- is all lime, real lime we're talking bout here, but it is short lived but worth taking a spin on...Gio

I tried Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes at Caswell Massey this Friday and it was pretty nice, but seemingly like all limes, short lived.

Oddly I did not try out the Caswell Massey Lime which my friend scentemental mentioned. I'll have to give it a whirl next time I head over there.

I have a feeling I might want to pull out some lime essential oil and see how that goes on my skin with some jojoba oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    has anyone tried Penhaligon's Extract of Limes?
    Yes- my favorite, a very pure lime, intensely fresh and energetic

I've heard good things about Aoud Lime by Montale. I'll be getting my sample soon hopefully and will let u know then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark
    I have a bottle of Floris Summer Limes which is really quite nice (don't know how it stacks up to the original Floris Limes). *Rather than being overly citrusy and tart, Summer Limes is made from the Lime Blossom, so it has a nice, soft, smooth, buttery-floral note to it which makes me think of velvet. *The longevity isn't the greatest, and it wears close to the skin--but it's one of the better fragrances in the desert heat. *Montale's Oud with Lime is pretty interesting, too--I have a sample and when I try it, I can't resist to sniffing. *
    I have a bottle of Summer Limes too, but to me it's more lemon than lime, I personally prefer Floris Limes (more expensive than Summer Limes) or, even better, Trumpers WI Limes or Penhaligon's Limes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry - realised I was repeating myself...

Got the Monday Morning blues! :'(
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *