Code of Conduct

Default "Echo" of Z by Zegna

Just tried the sample of Zegna Z in the April issue of GQ mag. -- it immediately reminded me of Tommy, of all things, but then it turns spookily extremely similar to Davidoff Echo.

Pleasant, but not as "dry" woodsy as I would expect. I'd have to take a pass on this one.

Also included in the mag are Azzaro Onyx (not bad, have to check it out at the fragrance counter one of these days); and Armani Code (probably the lamest Armani to date).

None of them smells like anything innovative...

-R

Default Re: "Echo" of Z by Zegna

hi,.. well, i have a 50ml of Z, and i like, not like the first times that i wear it, and is that kind of fragances that make you feel tired in some months.. anyway, its a nice watery smell and very versatile, no compromises with Z for young guys.. and maybe share some similarities with echo in the top notes, wich i prefer that metallic fruity smell over Z, ... longevity in both are great.

Don't laugh, but Z Zegna is like "Aqua Pure" Zest soap (the original Zest scent) to my nose. Save your money and get Zestfully clean if you want to smell that way.

As for Azzaro Onyx, that stuff stinks horribly on my skin, but Armani Code is quite nice.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I was thinking about purchasing Z, but I decided to save a little money. Instead of buying it, I applied some Vick's Vapo Rub and then sprayed Gio over it....I have fooled everyone!

I liked Z when my husband first tried it on, but I've since decided it's a bit too... ordinary. It smells like a lot of other men's fragrances, and I don't really care for that. I don't really enjoy fragrances that smell like Everyone Else.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5