Code of Conduct

Default Tried new things today

I just got back from my third fragrace outing in the past two weeks, so I've been on a roll! *In other words, my money spending problem is growing. *Here are my impressions of some colognes I tried:

Everlast - I was expecting something more fresh and invigorating, but instead it seems more mellow and formal. *Like others, I don't really like the bottle, but the fragrance is alright. *Since I'm writing this briefly while it still lasts on the card, I can't comment on longevity. *Not bad, but I don't think I'd ever buy it.

Lacoste Essential - It smells like typical "new" Lacoste. *Although different from both Pour Homme and Style in Play, it is too safe and in a similar style of these. *I like the two previously mentioned offerings from them, but this doesn't carry much weight in my eyes as a "I need this" fragrance. *In terms of "meh," I consider this the Jurassic Park III of the new Lacoste scents. *

Guess (new) - I'm really diggin' it right now. *At first I thought it was a little feminine, but it has settled down great on me. *The scent is fresh, subtle, and leaves a sweet, red floral-fruity trail. *Although I didn't buy it, I will consider this for a purchase in the future. *

Allure Sport - Sold. *I didn't smell this for a while since my samples broke, and as soon as I got a whif, I knew I wanted it. *Creamy and fresh. *Awesome. *I bought the 1.7 oz. for $42.99 with a gift card I had forgot about. *I thought "that smells good, time to go home," but I asked for some samples first. *I put them in my wallet, and that's when I found the old gift certificate. *I figure it was a sign from God.

When I ask for samples, I take whatever they'll give regardless of if I actually have the scent or not. *Since I've dealt with some real miserable people to get samples, I'll never decline an offer to get anything from someone who is more than happy to hand them out. *I got samples of Polo Black, Hugo, Everlast, Armani Code, and Chrome. *

....I had to share!

Default Re: Tried new things today

Is Polo Black a new one? I heard from my friend it is a very masculine scent.. How does it smell?

Polo Black is a very good scent, fresh, subtle, classy, "rounded" and VERY rich... but hey don't be fooled by the bottle, it isn't something really "black". But it's very good.

Lacoste Essential I have a BIG bottle of it collecting dust here... LOL I bought it because it smelt very good in the shop but once got home and applied it, it turned out to be very annoyingly flowery, herbal scent, just exagerately FRESH. Smells like a spring garden full of flowers. Just too much for me. Too much "happy smelling" for me.

Allure Sport... I bought it, applied the little sample I had and went back to the shop and got it changed with the new Bvlgari Th Rouge. I thought Allure Sport were "fresher and lighter" than the regular Allure that I already have, but it turned out to be even HEAVIER in the drydown than Allure.

Where did you try the new Guess?

Also, how does it compare with Dior Homme, if you know.

Thanks.

Tried the Lacoste - I have a sample and I'll have to try it a coupla times to see how it fares... It's pretty cold here and I feel it's probably suited for spring/summer so I can't give a fair review but I did like it at the store. I don't think its anything groundbreaking scentwise but I saw 3 different people purchase it at Macy's.

Also tried the Versace Eau Fraiche... liked it alot but definetely reminds me of D&G light blue w/ abit of a masculine edge.

I'd like to check out the Guess though... The older one was one of my favs back when I used to use one cologne at a time lol

Is this the new Guess Man listed here?

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...4/1838666.html

Quote Originally Posted by sqboy1
    Is this the new Guess Man listed here?

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...4/1838666.html
    Oh yea, a short blurb. So guess it's out next month.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Everlast - I was expecting something more fresh and invigorating, but instead it seems more mellow and formal. Like others, I don't really like the bottle, but the fragrance is alright. Since I'm writing this briefly while it still lasts on the card, I can't comment on longevity. Not bad, but I don't think I'd ever buy it.
    i would have expected something between BO and 'new car scent'
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"