Code of Conduct

Thread: My Niche Week

Default My Niche Week

A week ago I had recently received my GIT and was happy with my three niche scents, which also included
    Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver and Floris Santal.

Then that shop started it's closing down sale where I acquired at good to ridiculous prices,
    MPG
    * Santal Noble
    * Racine
    * Amber Precieux
    * Iris Blu Gris
    * Rose Muskissime

Etro
    * Vetiver
    * Shaal Nur
    * Anice
    * Etra
    * Lemon Sorbet

Annick Goutal
    * *Eau de Hadrian
    * *Sables
    * *Heure Esquise
    * *Grand Amour
    * *Quel Amour
    * *Eau de Charlotte
    * *Eau de Sud

Acqua Di Parma
    * *Lavanda Tonica
    * *Profumo

Artisan
    *Eau de Artisan
    *Vanilla

LT. Piver
    *Cuir de Russie
    *Un Parfum D'Adventure

So that's a total of 15 new niche scents for me, and 9 new niche scents that I bought for my ladyfriend.

That was fun. Though in hindsight, I wish I hadn't shown so much restraint.
    Renato

Default Re: My Niche Week

OW!!! Man, you must be very rich!! ;D
    Come on, let's hear what you have to say about them! I really appreciate your reviews!

P.S: Can you describe Michael Jordan cologne? I saw it being sold for a good price and remembered you are "the only fan" right here in basenotes!!

I can't wait for Renato's review of Iris Bleu Gris!

Thanks to Renato's purchases the Basenotes reading is going to be great for a long time! Get some more, even, my friend! That store must still have something.

Great buys, Renato.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    OW!!! Man, you must be very rich!! *;D
    Come on, let's hear what you have to say about them! I really appreciate your reviews!

P.S: Can you describe Michael Jordan cologne? I saw it being sold for a good price and remembered you are "the only fan" right here in basenotes!! *
    I'll put it this way - I would have been tempted to pay the full very high price on Santal Noble, Amber Precieux, Sables and Un Parfum D'Adventure because I like them a lot, and they have the staying power I expect of a scent.

Racine and Iris Blu Gris had the staying power, but I didn't like them as much as the other two initially. But at the cheaper prices they became a buy.

Etro Vetiver I've always wanted, but I'd never bought because it was a tad similar to my LV one.

Etro Anice and Etra were real surprises to me - they really grabbed me. They drop off in strength quite a lot though.

Cuir de Russie has the lasting power but is still a bit of a puzzle to me - but I like that.

Shaal Nur I've never thought much of - but at $5 *for a third of a bottle, I'd have been a cheapskate not to get it.

As for Michael Jordan Cologne (the one in the bottle with the black rubber base), I didn't know what to make of it when I first got it - it's a leathery watery type scent that I hadn't come across before. I finally came across the similar style in some Bijan scents I tested - obviously enough, since Bijan designed Michael Jordan Cologne.

I remember wearing it to work very tentatively, and being quite surprised with the positive comments I got on it. I warmed to it even more after that. I tend to use it on warm summer days when I want a change from citrus scents. It has great lasting power.

I can't tell it apart in side by side comparisons from Pasha de Cartier. But Pasha is much loved here, whereas Michael Jordan is much disliked - I can't fathom why this is so.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I can't wait for Renato's review of Iris Bleu Gris!

Thanks to Renato's purchases the Basenotes reading is going to be great for a long time! *Get some more, even, my friend! *That store must still have something.

Great buys, Renato.
    --Chris
    Hi Chris,
    I think I have to write up a schedule to ensure I actually get around to wearing these some time soon. The Iris Blu Gris is a chypre scent I didn't warm to at first. I sprayed some on the back of my hand and thought "Ho Hum" . But by five hours later I found I kept going back to that one, ignoring the other six scents I'd sprayed on my wrists/hands. It just kept getting better to my nose as the hours progressed.

The store still has plenty there, but I'm pretty sure I've got everything I want. Don't forget, despite these purchases I'm still the number one fan of long lasting designer scents .
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I'll put it this way - I would have been tempted to pay the full very high price on Santal Noble, Amber Precieux, Sables and Un Parfum D'Adventure because I like them a lot, and they have the staying power I expect of a scent.

Racine and Iris Blu Gris had the staying power, but I didn't like them as much as the other two initially. But at the cheaper prices they became a buy.

Etro Vetiver I've always wanted, but I'd never bought because it was a tad similar to my LV one.

Etro Anice and Etra were real surprises to me - they really grabbed me. They drop off in strength quite a lot though.

Cuir de Russie has the lasting power but is still a bit of a puzzle to me - but I like that.

Shaal Nur I've never thought much of - but at $5 *for a third of a bottle, I'd have been a cheapskate not to get it.

As for Michael Jordan Cologne (the one in the bottle with the black rubber base), I didn't know what to make of it when I first got it - it's a leathery watery type scent that I hadn't come across before. I finally came across the similar style in some Bijan scents I tested - obviously enough, since Bijan designed Michael Jordan Cologne.

I remember wearing it to work very tentatively, and being quite surprised with the positive comments I got on it. I warmed to it even more after that. I tend to use it on warm summer days when I want a change from citrus scents. It has great lasting power.

I can't tell it apart in side by side comparisons from Pasha de Cartier. But Pasha is much loved here, whereas Michael Jordan is much disliked - I can't fathom why this is so.
    Renato
    I could swear michael Jordan was a citrus scent in the same line of Chrome!!!
    Well, if It has that old style smell of Pasha, I think I'll forget about it...

@Renato: Wooooow, you're the new king on basenotes!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    I could swear michael Jordan was a citrus scent in the same line of Chrome!!! *
    Well, if It has that old style smell of Pasha, I think I'll forget about it...
    It's definitely nothing like Chrome. But you may be thinking of the other Michael Jordan ones (Michael and Jordan) - - I haven't seen them, but I know they exist with different looking bottles.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    @Renato: Wooooow, you're the new king on basenotes!
    Thanks, but I know there are people here with heaps more niche scents than I have, and those with really big heaps more designer scents.

When I first joined 5 or 6 years ago, there was one guy who listed the over 500 scents he owned then. I've often wondered if he ever hit the 1000 mark.
    Renato

[quote author=dr.creed link=1143217639/0#6 date=1143223013]@Renato: Wooooow, you're the new king on basenotes!
    Thanks, but I know there are people here with heaps more niche scents than I have, and those with really big heaps more designer scents.

When I first joined 5 or 6 years ago, there was one guy who listed the over 500 scents he owned then. I've often wondered if he ever hit the 1000 mark.
    Renato[/quote]

Killer Vaavoom is the one with the largest collection if I recall right. I don't want to go into details, I didn't believe him, but when he told where he's coming from, it all made sense.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

*MPG
    * Santal Noble
    * Racine
    * Amber Precieux
    * Iris Blu Gris
    * Rose Muskissime

Etro
    * Vetiver
    * Shaal Nur
    * Anice
    * Etra
    * Lemon Sorbet

Annick Goutal
    * *Eau de Hadrian
    * *Sables
    * *Heure Esquise
    * *Grand Amour
    * *Quel Amour
    * *Eau de Charlotte
    * *Eau de Sud

Acqua Di Parma
    * *Lavanda Tonica
    * *Profumo

Artisan
    *Eau de Artisan
    *Vanilla

LT. Piver
    *Cuir de Russie
    *Un Parfum D'Adventure

Renato
    I'd like to hear your reviews on all of these.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus

I'd like to hear your reviews on all of these.
    '
    I'll try in future - I know I never do them justice unless I give them a full day's wear.
    Renato

I'll try in future - I know I never do them justice unless I give them a full day's wear.
    Renato
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who makes sure they wear something for a full day (often more, unless it's so putrid I have to wash it off) before reviewing it. I wonder how many people here write a review after sniffing a tester card that they didn't even bother to bring home with them? For instance, when I tried DK's Be Delicious, I thought it was absolutely vile. After wearing it for awhile, I soon realized that it was not in fact vile, but rather it was *almost* mediocre

If you can, please describe Santal Noble and Un Parfum D'Adventure. Especially Santal Noble.

[quote author=dr.creed link=1143217639/0#6 date=1143223013]

Renato
    I think his name is Mark Need or something like that. Everytime i do a search i come up with that annoying three mile long fragrance list of his. >
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by yepyep
    If you can, please describe Santal Noble and Un Parfum D'Adventure. *Especially Santal Noble.
    There's lots of comment on Santal Noble in my post from a week ago called "MPG A niche house I like" at
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...m=1142576922/0
    I agree with all the ones there except one which I disagreed.

Un Parfum D'Adventure reminds me of the same style ultra spicy scents as Piper Nigrum and Incensi. It has an initial big blast of spices for an hour or two, then settles down to a close hugging scent which lasts for most of the day. Check out the description by scrolling down to Eau de Toilette for men and clicking on it at
    http://www.piver.com/EN/frameset.asp?rub=produit

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by knight

I think his name is Mark Need or something like that. Everytime i do a search i come up with that annoying three mile long fragrance list of his. *>
    I don't know - I was referring back to the days when we were at Yahoo - and that wouldn't show up in a search here.
    Renato