Code of Conduct

Default The Great Creed !

My cologne evolution is now leading me to the Great Creed line! I have only read about these gems. I am leaning toward bois du portugal.......sounds sublime.....
    I would really like to find a killer summer scent by creed...or something less pricey along the same lines.......

So....what is the concensous ( i know fragrances are very personal).......but what is the overall best creed scent?????

Thank's so much!!!

Default Re: The Great Creed !

I think that BdP is the best Creed there is and one of my favorite overall scents!! I would use that in the summer but if you really want summer smells from Creed then here is a list of my top summer scents.... Creed style....

In no particular order...

Silver Mountain Water
    Tabarome Millesome
    Neroli Sauvage
    Green Irish Tweed

I would say the best summer scent is Selection Verte in which I wear year around! It is very pricey though.

I recently introduced Creed to my boyfriend. Tabarome is my favorite by far--I think it smells very sexy and masculine. It is probably my favorite male fragrance ever.

I also like Imperial. But Tabarome is definitely a must-have.

Is Creed really worthy of the God like reputation it has on these boards though?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rose
    Is Creed really worthy of the God like reputation it has on these boards though?

oh no... here we go again....

Welcome to the forum whipsnade. Hope you have a great time here.

A little foresight ... You may want to sample as many Creeds as possible before you look at this house as "the Great Creed" line or "gems". Don't be intimidated by the prices thinking they smell better than a less pricey department store or Internet store fragrance. There are a LOT of Creed fragrances and sampling the ones that interest you is the safest way to go (and least pricey).

Me personally, I've sampled them ALL ... yet the only ones I own are Bois du Portugal, Original Vetiver, and Original Santal. I used to own Millesime Imperial but grew to hate it. There were others I thought were OK, but didn't buy them for one reason or another ( poor longevity, older smelling, etc ). And some I just hated.

Look to ebay or on the swap/sell board here to get started on your sampling ... and good luck!

BDP is a great choice, it could be one of the best scents ever! Although it's not something you will wear every day.

These may be better for warmer weather,

GIT
    SMW
    Imperial

Why yes, it is. Creed scents are other-worldly. In fact, when sniffing a Creed, I truly believe I am inhaling the essence of a different dimension.

Ok, that's just silly, but many are damn good.

GIT is the best any-season, any-occasion Creed.

As with anything, sample sample sample, before dropping big bucks on a fragrance. Also, be sure to check the swap board for samples, bottles, and decants members are offering.

Having said that, BdP is my favorite Creed. Many of the other highly touted Creeds (GIT, SMW, MI, et. al.) just didn't do it for me.

#

It is my understanding that BdP is not a very "young" scent.

Very approximately, what sort of age group would this scent suit best?

It is my understanding that BdP is not a very "young" scent.

I would agree that many younger folks may not want to wear this scent. It kind of smacks you in the face with woods and spice when you first put it on. It's pretty intense for a while, then it mellows out and has a wonderful dry, woodsy scent that last a long time and projects nicely. It's old-school manly and strong. But it is addictive. I would say that if I were still in my 20s I would find that I would be uncomfortable wearing it for anything other than formal occasions. Now, having just broken into my 30s, I think I'd like it just about anytime, except maybe very hot weather - guess I'll find out this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    [quote author=Red Rose link=1142976580/0#10 date=1142980295]It is my understanding that BdP is not a very "young" scent.

I would agree that many younger folks may not want to wear this scent. *It kind of smacks you in the face with woods and spice when you first put it on. *It's pretty intense for a while, then it mellows out and has a wonderful dry, woodsy scent that last a long time and projects nicely. *It's old-school manly and strong. *But it is addictive. *I would say that if I were still in my 20s I would find that I would be uncomfortable wearing it for anything other than formal occasions. *Now, having just broken into my 30s, I think I'd like it just about anytime, except maybe very hot weather - guess I'll find out this summer. *[/quote]

Cheers Robyogi.

That was a helpful response.

Well, it's Creed's Original Vetiver for this ol' man ;D ! It makes ME feel good and the ladies surely do approve of it ;D

I've smelled GIT and did not like it. Have a decant of BdP and am not sure how I feel about it :-?

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Of the Creed fragrances, for the summer, I would recommend Original Vetiver or Selection Verte

My 2 cents.

I sample a few of Creeds samples and decided to get a GIT tester. It was a great decision. The stuff is so versatile and smells so good. People of all ages like it (note I'm not saying Men or Women b/c I've got compliments from both). It's nonoffensive and a nice, comfortable fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by whipsnade
    My cologne evolution is now leading me to the Great Creed line! I have only read about these gems. I am leaning toward bois du portugal.......sounds sublime.....
    I would really like to find a killer summer scent by creed...or something less pricey along the same lines.......
    You might consider Parfums de Nicolai - New York rather than Bois du Portugal. I find it has the top notes of BdP but a leathery base. I have both, but New York I think is more wearable. BdP beats it for duration and raw power though...
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

For Summer:

Millesime Imperial
    Silver Mountain Water
    Himalaya
    Green Valley
    Neroli Sauvage
    Chevrefeuille Original

Anybody want to comment on the differences between the millesimes and the edts? I have a bottle of Fleurs de Bulgarie (millesime) but want a bottle of one of their edts. I have been thinking about Acier Aluminium. I noticed that it's an edt and was wondering about the longevity or sillage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Welcome to the forum whipsnade. *Hope you have a great time here.

A little foresight ... You may want to sample as many Creeds as possible before you look at this house as "the Great Creed" line or "gems". *Don't be intimidated by the prices thinking they smell better than a less pricey department store or Internet store fragrance. *There are a LOT of Creed fragrances and sampling the ones that interest you is the safest way to go (and least pricey). *

Me personally, I've sampled them ALL ... yet the only ones I own are Bois du Portugal, Original Vetiver, and Original Santal. *I used to own Millesime Imperial but grew to hate it. *There were others I thought were OK, but didn't buy them for one reason or another ( poor longevity, older smelling, etc ). *And some I just hated.

Look to ebay or on the swap/sell board here to get started on your sampling ... and good luck!

Thank's for welcoming me! I would like to think I have a good sense...when it comes to scents.....but this site has shown me i have a little learning to do! Great , Great site!!! I'm looking to expand my pallette and after finding "this gem"......it's going to be a great journey!

The thing with Creed that has "halted" me somewhat is the image it has. Do I want to smell like Prince Charles????? MY wife say's no!!!! The Chairman of the board???? Costner????? Hewitt????mmmmm O.K!!!
    I guess i have to get past the "look".....seems rather old and outdated such as compared to Gucci PH/M7.etc..

So it comes down to sample.....sample.....sample......Good to be here!!!

While my Creed Favorite is BdP, I would say that GIT is more wearable for a hot/warm spring or summer.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Get past "the 'look'"? Are you serious?

These are fragrances.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Anybody want to comment on the differences between the millesimes and the edts? I have a bottle of Fleurs de Bulgarie (millesime) but want a bottle of one of their edts. I have been thinking about Acier Aluminium. I noticed that it's an edt and was wondering about the longevity or sillage.

Thanks
    Don't think twice about Acier Aluminum- get it! For me, it lasts most of the day and has one of the most decadent and beautiful drydowns of all time (ambergris & a "dark" vanilla). This is one of the few scents I have that has literally stopped some ladies that I don't know dead in their tracks to ask me what I was wearing. It's so different than almost any other fragrance out there (the closest I can think of is Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron, but AA is just so much better, in my opinion).

I'd say by all means go for BDP, you won't be disappointed, it's certainly an unusual composition, but I think it just plainly smells uniquely good and leads you to totally forget categories such as young/old, formal/informal, etc..
    If you're also looking for a typical summer fragrance, I concur with Selection Verte, a great great citrus with a light green base, although short-lasting. For some reason in their other citrus scents Creed cannot resist throwing in loads of amber, with (in my opinion) strange results: amber, that's really not what you want in a summer fragrance.
    Lastly, let me mention a real outsider, *Cypres Musc. I know mine is a minority view, everybody thinks it's bad taste and smells of toilet freshener, but I just enjoy floating in that heavy pine needle scent.
    Anyhow, whatever you choose, the best of luck with your Creed experiments !

Quote Originally Posted by Tuner_Watson
    Get past "the 'look'"? *Are you serious? *

These are fragrances.
    T.W......thank's for your slant.......got me thinking!!!! Cheers!!!

Thanks Stuffman! I feel mutch better ordering it. Some Creeds just don't have very many review and lots of them are very mixed. I, personally, love the ambergris house note in Creeds and could wear them in 100 degree weather or freezing cold. Just plain love amgergris.

Kelley

W - glad you liked that response even though it didn't address your questions BdP was my first Creed and, now, my least worn. It usually strikes me as too much. If I could pick one for summer, it would be Selection Verte. MI and others would work well, but I think SV would be refreshing in even the hottest weather. My idea of best overall isn't fixed, but right now I might say Royal English Leather. Notable underappreciated fragrances include Baie de Genièvre and Vetiver (1948). I sometimes think BdG could be the best.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

It's nonoffensive and a nice, comfortable fragrance.
    Heh, that is what I say about a fragrance when I want to deliver what I consider to be the ultimate insult. As in: "I opened the bottle with great anticipation but after spraying I realized that it was nothing but a nice, comfortable, nonoffensive fragrance and so I tossed it in the trash."
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

My favs of Creed,in particular order:

*Creed Green Irish Tweed/Creed Bois de Cedrat
    *Creed New Tabarome (only for nights)
    *Creed Selection Verte
    *Creed Vetiver (1948)

#TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89