Code of Conduct

Default Went shopping, found love

I bought a bottle of Dolce & Gabbana PH today (among other things).

It is my new evening favorite!

The musk, sandalwood, tobacco base was just what I was looking for, plus it has that lavender/tarragon that keeps things from getting too heavy. It's gorgeous!

I've never smelled this frag on anyone before, so i'm not worried (unlike many reviewers) about this scent getting too popular.

I put just a spray or two on my wrist this afternoon, and it kept wafting up to me. It started very clean, very Irish Spring, and then the drydown was fantastic. I went to the gym after work, and the scent got even stronger and better when I was sweating. Other frags, like GIT, clash with my sweat completely- it's the fragrance equivalent to pouring chocolate syrup on watermelon... it just doesn't work.

I think I'll buy the "pour femme" version for the lady, I like it that much

I kept swerving on the road as I tried to smell my wrist under my jacket sleeve...

Glad I found this one.

By the way, I've decided I'm not a big fan of Chrome or Drakkar Noir (which were the other things I bought today).
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Default Re: Went shopping, found love

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    I've never smelled this frag on anyone before, so i'm not worried (unlike many reviewers) about this scent getting too popular.
    I agree, I haven't smelled this on others either but keep on hearing here that it's Cool Wateresque popular. That;s why I haven't got it yet but I think I'm gonna get it cuz i love it too.

I really enjoyed D&G as well, but I only had a small sample vial (splash). Surprisingly, I smell it every now and then here, and I don't notice too many guys wearing fragrances in general around here. Just to comment on the others, I liked Drakkar Noir but haven't tried Chrome yet.

Peace.

I also am greatful for having discovered PH. I keep a sample 5ml vial in my car in case I forget cologne in the morning. Delightful, relaxing yet business appropriate smell. Very versatile.

Why So Serious?

It's so unfair that this one is quite popular where i live, i smell it everywhere. This is one of my favorite designer fragrances, but i always hesitate to wear it since i dont want to smell like everyone else. A sexy scent with some seriousness, i really like this one!
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I'll be interested to see how long your "love" for this scent lasts. I thought it absolutely fabulous when I first bought it, and kept sniffing it as you did.

But after a while it started to cloy on me, such that I'd get sick of it by the end of the day.
    Nowadays, after a wearing, I wouldn't want to wear it again for quite a few days.
    Renato

I enjoy D&G PH--it is an excellent and refined scent--very adaptable.

Give Chrome a chance. It's not the kind of scent that you fall in love with because of its scent, but it is superior in hot hot weather. I've come to very much appreciate it.

D&G ph has to be my favorite designer frag, finally got a bottle of it last week, it's my go-to for sharp and sexy, a very well crafted fragrance IMO, a good find...Gio

It really is very luxurious, isnt it. Not an everyday frag by any means. Im not even sure its an all day frag. Its something Id like to put on at about 6 or 7 for the evening... but whata n evening!

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    [quote author=greyhueofdoubt link=1142993848/0#0 date=1142993848]
    I agree, I haven't smelled this on others either but keep on hearing here that it's Cool Wateresque popular. That;s why I haven't got it yet but I think I'm gonna get it cuz i love it too.[/quote]

There had been a time here when you could smell it almost everywhere day&night!!!
    I never wore it as I was overdosed by smelling it on others. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I'll be interested to see how long your "love" for this scent lasts. I thought it absolutely fabulous when I first bought it, and kept sniffing it as you did.

But after a while it started to cloy on me, such that I'd get sick of it by the end of the day.
    Nowadays, after a wearing, I wouldn't want to wear it again for quite a few days.
    Renato

Renato-
    I can totally understand where you're coming from. Today is the first full day that I've worn it, and although I still love it (and the longevity on me is wonderful) I can see already that I won't be wearing this every day. I'd rather go easy on it and have it stay 'fresh' to me than wear it out. It's also not terribly appropriate for my day-to-day activities here at work on the air base.

I think it would make a great date/romantic scent, although I was kind of saving Tea for Two or Mechant Loup for that role...

Too many choices!

Also- the reason I don't like Chrome is because it smells so.... I don't know... 'adolescent' to me. I know that many people like it, and that is partly why I bought it. To me, it smells like a high-school boy- gym class, insecurity, mom's laundry soap, malls, camping. I've never smelled it before, but at the first whiff it brought me straight back to 10th grade.
    I'll give it a second chance when it warms up around here. I can, however, imagine it smelling good on other people.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

D&G PH is one of the most adaptable and flexible scents I've owned other than Azzaro. From day to night it's great! Enjoy!
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

I hate to be one of the few neigh sayers but, I cannot stand d&g ph. It smells lemony in the start which is ok but the rancid tobacco smell in the drydown ruined the whole composition for me. A huge thumbe down for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I hate to be one of the few neigh sayers but, I cannot stand d&g ph. It smells lemony in the start which is ok but the rancid tobacco smell in the drydown ruined the whole composition for me. A huge thumbe down for me.
    Are you smelling some kind of errant accord from the musk and tobacco, maybe? On my skin, the two stay separate and they smell very nice. However, I have a sweet/honey/bread type of skin smell; I suppose if I ate enough garlic or onions in one day, the scent might go bad on me. I 've had that happen before.

I've decided for good that this will be an evening scent only. It's too strong for me to inhale all day, every day. I still like it a lot, though. The sillage on me is wonderful, so it would be a good club/lounge frag where a scent needs to be more assertive.

I got a few compliments on it today. The girl in Chemisty seems to have a lot more to say to me these days But on the other hand, I might just be in a better mood from wearing something I enjoy.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben