Code of Conduct

Default Cuir Mauresque compared to other Leathers?

I haven't smelled Cuir Mauresque in ages and I only remember that I loved it. Can anyone compare it to other leathers, especially Tabac Blond and Knize Ten that I think are the ones closest to Cuir Mauresque?

Any input is much appreciated.

Default Re: Cuir Mauresque compared to other Leathers?

I wish I had a better nose, because I own all three and they are distinctly different and would love to be able to provide some input!

Knize Ten is the "sweetest." CM, to me, seems the most purely leather, while TB is, of course, TB. Immortal.

I know this wasn't helpful but I just got a decant of CM and love it.

Cuir Mauresque has very distinctive orange and spice notes, and the scent that reminds me most of it is Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau (except that AFdP has jasmine) It's much more flamboyant than elegant, gentleman-like Knize Ten and it's not at all like Tabac Blond. Hope this helped!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I also get strong orange peel and cinnamon from CM - the leather is strong at first but softens considerably - its very sensual. i think it's close in personality to Cuiron, though they don't smell much alike. I haven't tried Tabac Blond (which I can hardly believe at this point) so I can't help you there.

Thank you all for your input. I can't seem to remember any cinnamon, but I still think It's safe to surmise I will still love it. But first a bottle of MKK.

I'm sure you'll love CM madly, Concord since your taste is pretty similar to mine.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I find Mauresque to be practically identical to Creed's Royal English Leather, which possesses the same richness and a dash of citrus (mandarin). *Both are like velvet............