Code of Conduct

Default Kenneth Cole Reaction = Creed's MI?

I kept wondering what Reaction reminds me of - and then it hit me... its MI! It doesn't have the quality and vividness of MI but it does have that same form and smell, in a more youthful manner. If you are using MI, try Reaction's body products - they works great together.

Default Re: Kenneth Cole Reaction = Creed's MI?

I've always likend MI to Reaction, but not many seem to agree with me. I feel a bit better now that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Reaction is fruity, but in a synthetic kind of way. MI is also fruity, but its a very natural (and to me unpleasent) overripe kind of fruit.

KC's Reaction has bothered me for a long time, everytime I smell this scent it reminds me of something but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I always likened MI to pineapple, Reaction is watermelon - so I didn't make the connection. Its such a relieve to finally solve this scent mystery!

Luca Turin Re Kenneth Cole scents:

"Smelling them is like smelling fresh insecticide while locked in an aluminum cell."
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    Luca Turin Re Kenneth Cole scents:

"Smelling them is like smelling fresh insecticide while locked in an aluminum cell."
    Ha!!! I had a small sample bottle of Reaction that I tried one day when the weather was nice. I put it on before going to class, and by the time the bus arrived on campus, I wanted to go home and wash it off! Reaction is so horribly synthetic that I wanted to stick cotton balls up my nose. Funny thing is, however, that I got a *lot* of complements from the ladies that day, so maybe the sillage isn't as bad. Once all the synthetic top notes wore off, it was tolerable (the drydown is it's only saving grace, but I still won't touch this stuff with a 10-foot pole).

When I tried it originally at the department store, I noted to the sales lady that I smelled Lily of the Valley after a few minutes, to which she laughed and said that there is no lilies in there. I swear it's there, and for what it's worth, she also wanted to try to sell me some "Ak-you-ah duh Gee-Oh," so I'm unsure how much she actually knows. :

Quote Originally Posted by eau_de_amour
    I kept wondering what Reaction reminds me of - and then it hit me... its MI! It doesn't have the quality and vividness of MI but it does have that same form and smell, in a more youthful manner. If you are using MI, try Reaction's body products - they works great together.
    My very first thought when sampling Kenneth Cole Reaction was: bad MI clone
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon