Code of Conduct

Default Help. If I love Dolce & Gabbana PH...

Is Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme relatively unique in the fragrance world or is there a group of fragrances that revolve around a similar concept? What are some others that I might like? I first smelled it several years ago before I became interested in fragrances. I was in a cinema about to watch "Hannibal" and someone close by must have bathed in it. It was so strong and it seared it way into my brain. Two weeks ago at a mall I sprayed a card with D&G PH and I knew instantly where I'd smelled it before - Hannibal! I am really surprised at the apparent usage of this scent (from what I've gleaned on this forum anyway). A club scent?!? No way would I have thought this scent would be a favorite of the younger crowd. It smells purely of formal affairs to me. I've worn it to work a couple of times (shirt and tie, office setting) and I begin to feel somewhat self conscious because it's so strong and luxurious. Strictly one for the concert hall, theatre, etc in my opinion. Any ideas on follow-up scents to try?

Default Re: Help. If I love Dolce & Gabbana PH...

Sexual by Michel Germain
    Realities by Liz Caliborne

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1126651889
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Blog Entries

I'm a female who LOVES to wear D&G PH myself...it's a GREAT fragrance. When I first smelled Burberry London, it reminded me of D&G PH, not because it smelled like it, but because it made me feel the same way when I smelled it. Love @ first sniff, I guess
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    Sexual by Michel Germain
    Realities by Liz Caliborne

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1126651889
    It was that same thread that kind of led me to create this discussion. In that thread Scentsei (in a break from the D&G lovefest ) says that he smelled other fragrances from the same family that aren't that different from D&G, and that D&G PH is nothing special in that regard. But from my research (Basenotes and Osmoz) I can't exactly find what that "family" is or what he might have been comparing D&G with. Maybe I could have just sent him a*message and asked but that's not as fun. *

Try Creed's Tabarome Millesime - similar tobacco thing but not as sharp, with more ginger.

I actually think of Guerlain Vetiver and Bulgari PH/PH Extreme as being similar to D&G PH, even though they are far from smell-alikes. All three have a black pepper note (and Vetiver also shares a tobacco note with D&G PH) that connects them to my nose. Guerlain Vetiver has much sharper citrus topnotes, where D&G is fruitier, and Bulgari PH is more subtle than either of the others.

To a lesser extent, I associate Versace The Dreamer with D&G PH because of the shared tobacco note.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Guerlain Vetiver
    Dunhill 2003
    Versace Dreamer
    New Tabarome
    Very Valentino (although very muted in comparison)

MMM

Dunhill Homme (2003) definitely. There's also a neat "liquor" note in it. One of my wife's faves on me.

Versace: The Dreamer..............absolutely!

Mic.

Versace Man. You can't go wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    Versace: The Dreamer..............absolutely!

Mic.
    Second that! Dreamer and D&G pour homme have a lot of similarities to my nose. For me, Dreamer is probably stronger on the tobacco note than D&G, with D&G seeming to achieve a bit more versatile balance with the citrus topnotes and presence of woods in the drydown.

Cheers,
    Jim

You might want to try Kiton. It's along the same lines but D&G is more complex.

To me D&g PH smells like a cross between Creed Green Valley and Azzaro Pure Vetiver.I enjoy all 3 greatly.

Waay too synthetic and sharp!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I haven't tried them side by side, but I recently briefly tested Perry Ellis Portfolio Green and my first impression was, "Damn, this smells exactly like D&G PH!"

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Hmm..not very similar, but you may like Paul Smith London

The Baron?
    Peace ~ Markymark