Code of Conduct

Default Going to teach junior and high schoolers

Hi! I'm going to teach junior and high school students. Their noses are unrefined,unsophisticated,yada2. The weather is hot and humid but the rooms are fully A/C. I want something that is not "blah" or "bland." What I have in mind Polo Blue,Mania for Men,Higher Energy,Burberr Brit,Paco Black XS,Polo Black,Lanvin L'Homme,Boss Bottled,Kouros Cologne Sport,Lagerfeld Photo, Calvin(blue bottle),Bulgari Black, Bulgari Blu Notte.

Please recommend anything else!!!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Default Re: Going to teach junior and high schoolers

Shock and awe them with Angel Men...kids love chocolate!
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

What about a leather scent like DZING! to lash their pale asses? ;D ;D ;D

Jokes aside, you'd go with something a bit formal (but not too much) and not overpowering; for example looking at your wardrobe, Happy, SMW or YSL PH seem nice choices...

I second Angel men and Dzing!

I also think that Blv Notte pH is a great Chioce.

I would suggest something like Neroli Sauvage or Chrome. I think they would both appeal to that demographic pretty nicely. You said it was hot and those are for hot! Good luck!

Go safe:
    - Davidoff Echo
    - Azzaro Chrome
    - CK Crave
    - Claiborne Sport
    - Tommy T
    - Bvlgari Aqva
    - Herrera Aqua
    - Gucci Nobile
    - Acqua di Gi˛

Save these to the moments of bad behaviour:
    - Kouros
    - Fendi Uomo
    - Lagerfeld Classic
    - Boss N║.1

in terms of 8 and 9 year olds, which i teach, the most frequently complimented ones are:

Dzing!
    Le Male
    Muscs Kublai Khan (this one shocked me big time)
    Original Vetiver
    Cologne
    MI

the ones that have recieved universal thumbs down (meaning multiple classes)

LV Musk
    Gucci Pour Homme
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Hanai Mori
    LV Inglese
    Cuiron
    Silver Mountain Water

it's important to wear sparingly though as kids can be VERy sensitive to smells and being forced into a small space with someone who has overapplicated can lead to problems (even as much as I heard of a teacher's perfume triggering and asthma attackin another room....I don't know what she was wearing though).

My vote goes for Lanvin L'Homme. Lavender = decreased stress and increased mental capacity

Kouros Fraicheur (sprayed lightly - spayed heavily it turns into the urinal cake smell, yikes)
    YSL PH (or Haute Concentrate ... I've been leaning more on the original as of late. Both have good duration.)
    Body Kouros (not exactly light though...)

... do I detect a YSL trend here?

Puig - Agua Lavanda
    Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood
    LV Spezie
    LV Uomo
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    it's important to wear sparingly though
    I was going to suggest that, as well. You don't want to be known as "The Teacher with the Cologne" or something more obnoxious.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Wear Geir and you'll be beyond cool without trying.

The girls will drool over you and when the boys notice they'll forsake Curve forever.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I like the smell of Angel Men, but lately I find it to be a little heady and stuffy for hot and humid weather.

I don't want something that "blooms" in the heat. But my Rive Gauche PH seems to be doing a good job so far. The bottle's almost finish.

Anymore suggestion? I'm leaning towards Kouros Fraicheur.

Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

The classic High School Standards:

Cool Water
    Drakkar Noir

I don't know -- I would for sure keep it light, fresh and clean. Have you tried Gendarme? As someone mentioned earlier, you don't want to be known as the smelly teacher.
    Peace ~ Markymark

I agree with Paul, young children are very sensitive to smell. Wear something light and fruity smelling.

Or better yet, try "Le Petit Prince" ;D

I'm a high school student myself, and all I can say from Sydney is that if you want to get noticed, wear something other than Lynx/Axe. I see a can of the stuff a day, at least. I use Armani Code at school and get pretty good feedback(hey, I don't have a big wardrobe). Wear something sophisticated and you'll show 'em who's boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Somedude
    I'm a high school student myself, and all I can say from Sydney is that if you want to get noticed, wear something other than Lynx/Axe. I see a can of the stuff a day, at least. I use Armani Code at school and get pretty good feedback(hey, I don't have a big wardrobe). Wear something sophisticated and you'll show 'em who's boss!
    Every once in a while there are posts that requested a list of so called "babe magnet" scents. Its Ok, its actually pretty entertaining read, but I really can't see how one can pull with fragrance. With all the fragrance ads using sex as a selling tool, people are brainwashed into thinking its a love potion. I always believe that perfume is meant to compliment, not compensate.

it's important to wear sparingly though as kids can be VERy sensitive to smells and being forced into a small space with someone who has overapplicated can lead to problems (even as much as I heard of a teacher's perfume triggering and asthma attackin another room....I don't know what she was wearing though). *
    LOL!

I totally agree, and I need to stress you to apply with moderation. Also, do not use a too sexy scent as the kids could get scarred for life.
    I would go for something clean, something fresh. Why not your Higher Energy?
    Arte et labore

Quote Originally Posted by eau_de_amour
    [quote author=Somedude link=1142863859/15#15 date=1142920549]I'm a high school student myself, and all I can say from Sydney is that if you want to get noticed, wear something other than Lynx/Axe. I see a can of the stuff a day, at least. I use Armani Code at school and get pretty good feedback(hey, I don't have a big wardrobe). Wear something sophisticated and you'll show 'em who's boss!
    Every once in a while there are posts that requested a list of so called "babe magnet" scents. Its Ok, its actually pretty entertaining read, but I really can't see how one can pull with fragrance. With all the fragrance ads using sex as a selling tool, people are brainwashed into thinking its a love potion. I always believe that perfume is meant to compliment, not compensate. [/quote]

I think you misunderstood that I meant with "show em' who's boss" as to show who's got the authority, because it just SEEMS to me like you thought I was telling him to pull high school girls! Sorry, if that's not the case

Doesn't really matter what they wear, but ideally it would be nice to put the word out that the scents sprayed on themselves should smell a lot better than the deodorant they purchased from a drugstore!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

in terms of 8 and 9 year olds, which i teach, the most frequently complimented ones are:

Dzing!
    Le Male
    Muscs Kublai Khan (this one shocked me big time)
    Original Vetiver
    Cologne
    MI

the ones that have recieved universal thumbs down (meaning multiple classes)

LV Musk
    Gucci Pour Homme
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Hanai Mori
    LV Inglese
    Cuiron
    Silver Mountain Water
    *What a treat you must be as a teacher, Paul G.! Ah, and I see that children are not perhaps as unsophisticated, unrefined or unadventurous as people might suppose. Always dangerous to underestimate or condescend.
    And good to remember that those under 20 have more sensitive noses than adults as a rule.

My own 10 year old has a very discerning nose and defined tastes. My 17 year old niece and her classmates single handedly keep niche alive, wearing some mighty sophisitcated scents.

I second the suggestion for variety and strongly suggest you wear things that delight and inspire you. *It might spark some discussion and some interesting thinking and learning.