Code of Conduct

Thread: here I am! :-)

Default here I am! :-)

After some doubts and after reading these pages almost every night (today I was busy with page 76!)..... here I am, writing in my poor English and trying to say "hello" to everyone who loves/likes/adores/hates fragrances. Please, call me Iggy (I have nothing common with Iggy Pop! * ). I'm from The Netherlands, incredibly young and old (at the same time), I love frags and I hope, I'm not obsessed by them. I don't really like fragrances for men from past years which are available from different designers and I think, they gave to ladies much more better and more refined stuff than to gents. That's why I looking for "juices" from some niche/not really well known houses. Uh, if I don't stop right now, I'll write for hours *.

Here is my eccletic "collection". I bought some fragrances without sniffing them before and some of them are just gifts. I don't like ALL of them.

SL Tubereuse Criminelle
    SL La Myrrhe
    SL Santal Blanc
    MPG Pour le jeune Homme
    Boucheron EDT + EDP
    Creed Tabarome
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Joop!
    Jean Couturier Coriandre (yes, officially it's for ladies and I have it not because of the fact, it was Coco Chanel's choice (as they say). Just sweet memories from when I was sooooo young... I have the same with Dioressence extract which was quite bitter and no more available).
    Shiseido Basala
    Caron Pour Un Homme
    Salvador
    Salvador Dali
    Salvador Dali - Le Roy Soleil
    Annick Goutal Eau de Monsieur
    Marina de Bourbon Rouge Royal
    Kenzo
    Eau Sauvage Extreme
    Habit Rouge EDT
    Zino Davidoff
    A*Men
    Antaeus
    Cool Water (please.... it's not mine)

TC is my favourite at the moment, even with those super medicinal opening notes. My wish list: Padparadscha (Satellite), Lux (Mona di Orio), Vetiver des Sables (Montale) and more..... more.... * My biggest wish: to not have more than 10 different scents *

Uh... really..... I should stop now...

Please, welcome me!

All of the best to everyone,

Iggy

Default Re: here I am! :-)

Welcome welcome Iggy you are in for quite the ride and you're already off to a good start but good luck on staying with 10 frags i wish you all the best and look forward to your future posts...Gio

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to bn iggy!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Many many thanks!

Welcome aboard Iggy!
    Congrats for your starting post: for sure you've got some clear points about your tastes, but also the right curious attitude to become a good contributor of this community!
    This is a nice place to be, enjoy it!

Thank you, Magnifiscent!

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome! I too have some that are officially women's scents. I like

Boucheron Trouble
    Robert Piguet's Bandit
    Hermès Hiris
    Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (though I don't own a bottle, I have samples)
    Acqua di Parma Profumo
    Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon
    Roger et Gallet Bouquet Impérial
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant
    L'Occitane Fleur de Lotus.

Good luck with your fragrance searches, and again, welcome!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Thank you and good luck to you too, JaimeB! Uhhhhh, Boucheron Trouble... Intoxicating!

Iggy, welcome aboard! Glad to get more people from Europe to this forum!

Thank you, Pigeon! Thank you to everyone who reacted and maybe will react, but.... it's time to go to bed now... Good night!

Welcome aboard! Very interesting selection; I think I might have only tried half of what you have.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Welcome aboard

I joined in August last year and must say I have learned a lot form the vast knowledge of BN'ers here.

Enjoy.

Maisonstinky.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello!! Welcome to basenotes. You recieved a pretty warm welcome so far. I hope you enjoy our threads and learn as much as I have. This is actaully the greaest site I know of for fragrances and it is so informative. Enjoy and welcome!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to basenotes, Iggy. You have an excellent collection. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi Iggy,

I have that song from Wil Smith in my head -- gettin' jiggy with it! ;D Welcome man! Awesome collection!

~mm

Peace ~ Markymark

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

This is a real fun place. Although, my bank account is substantually smaller than it used to be since I've found this place

You may want to reconsider hanging out here, unless you're wealthy

Hello Iggy,

Welcome to the forum, and if you think you may not have an obession of scents now, wait until you hang around here for a while longer!

I also have Mona di Orio's Lux on my wishlist, actually I wouldn't mind picking up ALL THREE of her scents! Thank goodness my credit card won't let me! hehe.

Again, WELCOME!
    You'll definitely have some fun here! ;D

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Thanks so much to everyone for this warm welcome!

To Maverick: I like all Mona di Orio scents too, but I decided to wait with buying all of them. I'm trying to limit the number of scents I own and to not have more than 10 scents, that's why I'll start with Lux which I like the most.

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome to the boards, Iggy!
    I smell that you will be a very refreshing contributor here. Your wardrobe is not exactly the average basenoter's wardrobe. I like that!

I remember when I started out with perfume, which by the way was just some six months ago, so it's not too hard to remember. I said on one occasion to my good friend Viktor, who goes by the name of viktorov on these boards: "We must set some kind of limit of ten fragrances, I do not want to have more than that, then it's perverted."
    YEAH RIGHT! Ten bottles is nothing!

By the way: Perfume bottles have no gender!

See you around!
    Viktor

Quote Originally Posted by geastrum
    I remember when I started out with perfume, which by the way was just some six months ago, so it's not too hard to remember. I said on one occasion to my good friend Viktor, who goes by the name of viktorov on these boards: "We must set some kind of limit of ten fragrances, I do not want to have more than that, then it's perverted."
    YEAH RIGHT! Ten bottles is nothing!
    Ten bottles is an impossible limit, for sure. But everything exessing this limit is also a sign of perversion.
    Arte et labore

Thank you, Geastrum and nice to meet you too! Should I speak to mister Viktorov in Russian (because of his name?). In that case: vsego nailuchshego!

Haha! Nah, Viktorov doesn't speak any russian, but I have just begun to learn! I have a great intrerest in russian nature and culture.
    So now I have learned how to say "best wishes", have I not?

Hi Geastrum! Yes, yes, "best wishes" (literally "all of the best&quot!