Code of Conduct

Default hello fellow victims

hi peoples, long time reader, first time poster. Just thought it was time to jump aboard the board...(pause for collective groan)...and introduce myself to the boys (and girls - hi ladies). I'm from melbourne, australia, i'm 22 and am studying business at uni with the aim of making lots of money. I've recently aqcuired an addiction however - guess what it is? i've gone from owning boss "bottled" and kenneth cole black (both nice, but a bit boring) about six months ago to almost twenty frags now with plenty more on the wish list - and it's all you guys' fault! (it's ok, i forgive you). so i guess it's kind of the thing to do to give you all a peek at my collection and get some feedback, although i'm sure it'll end up costing me more money, but here it is anyway...

the 2 i mentioned before and,
    envy (sometimes yes Yes, YES, but somtimes no No NO. have to be in the mood, but i haven't worked out what that is yet)
    dunhill fresh (just that - fresh, but really potent)
    romance silver (nice, but gone pretty damn quick)
    l'eau par kenzo (when it's hot, hello kenzo)
    allure (my fav!)
    agua verde (love the bottle, scent's not bad either - kinda like envy's little bro (similar top notes, but no where near as spicey))
    m7 (still not sure about this monster, but i'll keep at it - waiting for full on winter (i detect some definate potential))
    brit (similar feel to allure on me so i love it, but with some "smoke&quot
    bvlgari (great, subtle but lasts ages, nice surprise considering some reviews)
    lanvin l'homme (love it, just nice and easy - no upturned noses with this one)
    platinum ego (took a little while, but me likes it now, but don't know exactly when to wear it, but i do anyway - who cares?)
    live jazz (when it's hello kenzo it's also hello LJ)
    l'instant (recent purchase - still pondering)
    opium (yummy, but it has to be cold or i feel nauseous all day)
    miracle (really really good)
    body kouros (love the "smokiness" and the YSL-iness)

so yeah, that's me and those are my frags. any suggested inclusions would be great. i love smellin good!

Default Re: hello fellow victims

Quote Originally Posted by addicted
    hi peoples, long time reader, first time poster. Just thought it was time to jump aboard the board...(pause for collective groan)...and introduce myself to the boys (and girls - hi ladies). I'm from melbourne, australia, i'm 22 and am studying business at uni with the aim of making lots of money. I've recently aqcuired an addiction however - guess what it is? i've gone from owning boss "bottled" and kenneth cole black (both nice, but a bit boring) about six months ago to almost twenty frags now with plenty more on the wish list - and it's all you guys' fault! (it's ok, i forgive you). so i guess it's kind of the thing to do to give you all a peek at my collection and get some feedback, although i'm sure it'll end up costing me more money, but here it is anyway...

the 2 i mentioned before and,
    envy (sometimes yes Yes, YES, but somtimes no No NO. have to be in the mood, but i haven't worked out what that is yet)
    dunhill fresh (just that - fresh, but really potent)
    romance silver (nice, but gone pretty damn quick)
    l'eau par kenzo (when it's hot, hello kenzo)
    allure (my fav!)
    agua verde (love the bottle, scent's not bad either - kinda like envy's little bro (similar top notes, but no where near as spicey))
    m7 (still not sure about this monster, but i'll keep at it - waiting for full on winter (i detect some definate potential))
    brit (similar feel to allure on me so i love it, but with some "smoke&quot
    bvlgari (great, subtle but lasts ages, nice surprise considering some reviews)
    lanvin l'homme (love it, just nice and easy - no upturned noses with this one)
    platinum ego (took a little while, but me likes it now, but don't know exactly when to wear it, but i do anyway - who cares?)
    live jazz (when it's hello kenzo it's also hello LJ)
    l'instant (recent purchase - still pondering)
    opium (yummy, but it has to be cold or i feel nauseous all day)
    miracle (really really good)
    body kouros (love the "smokiness" and the YSL-iness)

so yeah, that's me and those are my frags. any suggested inclusions would be great. i love smellin good!
    Welcome to the boards! It's so nice that new people keep coming in. Us frag junkies. Haha! Well, try Eau Savage and Herrera for Men.
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

I'm from melbourne, australia, i'm 22 and am studying business at uni
    Hey, another Melburnian! *waves*

Which uni? My husband works at RMIT, though it's the third (or fourth? can't remember) uni he's worked for thus far...

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

hello neighbour. i go to swinburne in lilydale, it's about ten minutes from my house so that made my decision pretty easy. i went to latrobe and am a medical scientist but i wanted a change in direction (pretty early i know). yay, 4 more years of study (arrrrgh - that's me being angry).

Hi Addicted,

Welcome to Basenotes--you certainly have been watching the boards--that is one nice collection you have.

hello neighbour. i go to swinburne in lilydale, it's about ten minutes from my house so that made my decision pretty easy
    It IS a small world. It's about 15 minutes from our house.

That's not where my husband works though. He has to take the train all the way to the city because he works at RMIT.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

ouch - i was going to go to RMIT but i weighed up the 50 min train ride with the ten minute drive and i think we know who wins. small world indeed - nice to meet u bonnie, ta for the chat.

gonna try some more bvlgari i think - au the vert, blv and aqva. any thoughts? also h.m. has caught my attention. are any of these similar to stuff i have? not that i really care, i just gotta have more - gimme gimme gimme.

oh yeah, and please bear in mind with any recs that my sensitive little nose isn't really convinced by the "heavies" so far (m7 and l'instant, envy to some extent) - i don't know what note(s) it is in these (you know; the deep, dark beast lurking underneath), but they don't really work for me at the moment. can someone tell me what it is so i can steer clear for a while until i maybe master these ones (hopefully i do, maybe i'm just weird).

Wecome aboard Addicted!
    My only advice is to satisfy your nose's curiosity and let it learn day by day.
    Enjoy it!

Greetings.
    I think that makes you the fifth Melbournite on the board - you, me, Bonni, Sarjeet and Alex. Have I left anyone else out?

I wonder if we outnumber the Sydney ones?

Curious that you find Boss 6 boring.
    Renato

Welcome aboard Addicted from Down Under .

Maisonstinky
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Welcome to basenotes. I am in your posistion too. I've gone through the roof with the amount I currently own to before I learned about basenotes.

You have a nice collection and there are some that I would like to get a hold of that you have. I am a little jealous of some but I'm sure I'll end up with them some time or another. ;D

re: boss #6 being boring - ok maybe i meant i'm bored of it. i loved it so much that i wore it every day. just needs a little time on the bench i think and i'm sure we'll reaccquaint ourselves somewhere in the future. my sister is loving it at the minute though - i'm so nice.

Welcome! Nice to see you here!

Viktor

Welcome, and I love your title for this discussion! ;D
    There is no Nose....

Welcome. An addiction it is. I've been hooked on this site about a month now and have added a ridiculous number of frags to my collection. Hang in there with M7. I think it's the agarwood that's giving you trouble. It's an acquired taste, along with many, many others you will sample due to the ravings and reviews of the other addicts on this site.