Code of Conduct

Default od'd on favorite frags

Have you ever used a frag you liked so frequently that you couldn't stand it anymore?

I confess having become jaded to

1. Duc de Vervins---went from boardroom to boredroom.
    2. Mont Blanc Individuel---from GQ to bland
    3. Givenchy Gentleman---from formal knockout punch to patchouli gas attack
    4. And an 80's quartet: Francesco Samlto, Vesace L'Homme, Pascal Morabito and Joseph Abhoud; from power and style to, *well just the 80's

( Now many of you may simply dislike these frags to begin with, and think I was off my head to like them in the first place; that I've simply come back to my senses. )

But I wonder if other Basenoters have had similar expereinces with their " former loves "?

Depressing, * really. *:'(

Or a great argument for having at leat 30 plus frags in your collection *;D

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: od'd on favorite frags

yeah, sadly i think im souring on burberry brit

D&G Pour Homme and Acqua di Gio turns my stomach now if I sniff it on myself or on others because I wore it too often in the past.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Envy did me in good. I played it out really fast and now I don't have it when I miss it. It is sad but I'll get over it. I also think that Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy had the same problem on me. I must have worn it too often and now I rarely wear it at all. Sad because I liked it so much....

I used to use a signature scent aka one scent guy until I ran out or got sick of it then moved to the next one.

A*men did it to me. It's in my closet now because I need at least a month or two before I wear it again.

I used to love Hugo Dark Blue when I started my frag hobby. Now I'm just sick of it. Same thing goes for Issey Miyake. For some odd reason, the more scents I sample or buy, the worse they become. My sense of smell might be changing? I dunno...
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

Like teflon, I usually need a break from A*men for a week or two after I wear it. Although, every once in awhile I'll wear it two days straight.:-? Anything that strong requires "Vacations" me thinks.

The Dreamer and Drakkar Noir. And: (propably) never more in my life. The Dreamer and all existing Versace's for sure.

It happened to me with Bulgari Blu.

That's why I am here! I got a little bored with Gucci PH, and having lost all my other frags in a move, I decided to look for some new ones. I'd assume staving off boredom is why some folks on this board have 100+ frags to choose from. In fact, when I wear Gucci PH, now that I have others to intersperse with it, I like it that much more. Now if only I could convince my girlfriend of this logic...

Seriously, I find my favorites changing all the time, I sour on one from too much use, then the next, and by that time, the first one seems fresh and exciting again. Vicious cycle.