Code of Conduct

Default Another trip! M7, new experiences, etc.

I had no work today, so I was actually in the mood to visit Maxx and Marshall's again. I'm not willing to spare any more time than is necessary to get home in the evenings due to traffic, so it was finally a treat to take my time at these stores and really analyze their stock. *

I brought some cards and a pen in case I could smell anything. I always feel iffy about opening boxes in these stores just because I never would anywhere else, and especially today since they put up signs since my last visit saying not to open them (probably because of me). *Luckily someone else had already done the deed on several bottles, so I got to experience a few things. *I sprayed Zirh (1.7 oz, $14.99), and my impression is * pleasant, but nothing spectacular. *Smells similar to Adidas Adrenaline, and was at a great price, but I didn't think I had to have it. *Lacoste Style in Play (1.6 oz, $22.99) was not actually that great a bargain considering it was the small size, but I always enjoy this. *Style is one of those ones that I like but never bought for any real reason other than I've always been preoccupied hunting down some other fragrance. *I also sprayed Curve Wave (2.5 oz, $24.99), this time on myself, and I feel I've ridden this ride before. *It smells great, and I'd actually say better than Gio, but unfortunately it is also way too similar. *It has a little bit of a sun-screen/sandy flavor to it that makes it a little different than Gio, but not that much. *This taps into the uneducated mass-market, "I'm a cool guy and chicks must love my cool cologne" style of cologne that I try to avoid. Finally, I sprayed myself on the other wrist with Bulgari Extreme. *I had never tried this, and I was looking forward to it. *After a great opening, I was disappointed that it smelled like old women and cigarettes. *Seriously, my grandma used to smell like this when she smoked. *Musky and smokey are usually two adjectives that I love using to accompany a description of my favorite fragrances, but I'm afraid I can't do that here. *It is certainly crisp, but it features no freshness or vigor that I was expecting from an "Extreme" version of a good cologne. *This is one case where being original is the way to go! *Both stores also had Perry Ellis 360 and White (2.5 oz, $14.99), but neither one ever wore well on me.

After all the sampling between the two stores, I went to the meat and potatoes of day's objective: M7. *If you read my last post where I said I passed on buying this blind, I went back to make up for it. *This some serious juice! *When I close my eyes, I thought I was in some grand ballroom in Windsor Castle or something. *Smells like a combination of rich wood, polished marble, and maybe some Kool-Aid. *Rather than thinking, "This cologne smells good," I tend to think, "I really respect and admire this." *It is funny how there is something familiar within each fragrance of a house's catalogue, and in M7 I certainly think there is some sort of signature "YSL Accord" that is carried out in their different colognes. *I'm glad I have the chance to experience this now that I own my own bottle, but I have to ask, when is a good time or occasion to wear this? *I think it is very serious - not casual at all, but is it formal? *It has been hard for me to make up my mind, so in the mean time, I'll just enjoy!

Default Re: Another trip! M7, new experiences, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by John

After all the sampling between the two stores, I went to the meat and potatoes of day's objective: M7. *If you read my last post where I said I passed on buying this blind, I went back to make up for it. *This some serious juice! *When I close my eyes, I thought I was in some grand ballroom in Windsor Castle or something. *Smells like a combination of rich wood, polished marble, and maybe some Kool-Aid. *Rather than thinking, "This cologne smells good," I tend to think, "I really respect and admire this." *It is funny how there is something familiar within each fragrance of a house's catalogue, and in M7 I certainly think there is some sort of signature "YSL Accord" that is carried out in their different colognes. *I'm glad I have the chance to experience this now that I own my own bottle, but I have to ask, when is a good time or occasion to wear this? *I think it is very serious - not casual at all, but is it formal? *It has been hard for me to make up my mind, so in the mean time, I'll just enjoy!
    I hated M7 when i first tried it. This is a great review. If you want a real treat, try the shower gel. It takes lal the wonderful dark notes in M7 and adds a dry wood dominant wood note. This scent is one I did a total 180 on. great review!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.

I hated M7 when i first tried it. This is a great review. If you want a real treat, try the shower gel. It takes lal the wonderful dark notes in M7 and adds a dry wood dominant wood note. This scent is one I did a total 180 on. great review!!!
    Me too! This fragrance really turned me off at first - so strange and so powerful. It's really relentless. Once I turned the corner, I totally flipped for it. This is one scent I never go too long without revisiting. And the Fresh version is a perfect warm weather compliment that retains the character of the original (a miracle, actually). I'll have to hunt down that shower gel.

To keep the trend going, I really wasn't too fond of it. I was sorta turned off by it a little. I love it now and can't get enough of it. It is so heavy and woody. I need it now...

I usually don't buy a fragrance blind, but I hear a lot of good things about M7 and happened to find a bottle at a Marshall's outside of Pittsburgh for only $20. I was instantly enamored by it and went back to get the deodorant ($5), aftershave ($5), and shower gel ($10). The aftershave is so-so, and I really don't use it because I don't use aftershave in general. The deodorant stick is great; it's very firm (unlike the stuff you usually get at the drug store)- I've used it for over a week before I had to advance the product! The shower gel is abolutely devine, and I'm going to go back and get all I can. It really does add depth to the cologne, and if you can find it and have M7 I'd recommend getting the shower gel.

I'm really jealous/annoyed. After reading your previous post, I made a TJ's/Marshall's trip and they didn't have ANYTHING worthwhile. Well, that's not entirely true but it was pretty grim. The worst part was that they teased me so, I saw M7 and became ecstatic to see that it was only the deo stick. Oy. I did buy that too but it just makes me want the edt even more! Ima call those fools on a weekly basis and keep my fingers crossed. You know you're lucky, right!?

[quote author=John link=1142634019/0#0 date=1142634019]

I hated M7 when i first tried it. *This is a great review. *If you want a real treat, try the shower gel. *It takes lal the wonderful dark notes in M7 and adds a dry wood dominant wood note. *This scent is one I did a total 180 on. *great review!!!
    [/quote]

Said that I liked M7 @1st sniff and was wondered about Tom Ford not having discarded the YSL style in this fragrance, I didn't really appreciate it fully until I tryed the shower gel! Definitely a must try for M7 lovers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    I'm really jealous/annoyed. After reading your previous post, I made a TJ's/Marshall's trip and they didn't have ANYTHING worthwhile. Well, that's not entirely true but it was pretty grim. The worst part was that they teased me so, I saw M7 and became ecstatic to see that it was only the deo stick. Oy. I did buy that too but it just makes me want the edt even more! Ima call those fools on a weekly basis and keep my fingers crossed. You know you're lucky, right!?
    Yeah, I know your frustration. The one TJ Maxx I went to back home over spring break had just the deodorant stick, and I didn't even bother with it because in previous experiences sometimes the deo stick smells nothing like the fragrance and gives the wrong impression, plus I had just bought some "regular" stuff at the drug store because I had forgot to bring my own stick back from school. I asked the people there if they knew if they had or were getting the M7 edt, but I just got blank stares and was told "what we have is what we have." When I went to visit my sister in Pittsburgh, I stopped at the Marshall's there (thinking *just maybe* they'd have M7, since they are a sister chain to TJ and it was a much larger store than the one back home) and I saw the deo stick there and got kinda excited... then I saw the body was, then the aftershave, and finally, tucked behind everything was some bottles of the edt! When I went back to get the other stuff a few days afterwards, the bottles were still there (and if I had the money, I would have bought them as well). The best bet is to find all the TJ/Marshalls in your area and call them up. I don't know how their distribution works, but the one in Pittsburgh had a much better selection than the smaller store back home. Good luck, it really is worth the search!

I have both M7 and it's shower gel counterpart, but I can't say the last one is that special. I mean it smells good, but it is so subtle and is gone within an hour from my skin. I don't regret getting it though, it sure smells good when I rub myself in it

M7 is probably my most recent new discovery that has blown me away though. Simply stunning.

I hated M7 when i first tried it. *This is a great review. *If you want a real treat, try the shower gel. *It takes lal the wonderful dark notes in M7 and adds a dry wood dominant wood note. *This scent is one I did a total 180 on. *great review!!!
    I agree that the shower gel is nice...but I still hate the EDT though. ;D