Code of Conduct

Default Calamus. Discontinued?

Hi all,
    This is my first post, but I've been a voracious reader of the board for a couple of months. It's one of the first things I check when I log on. It's addictive and loadsa fun.

Anyway, I just read somewhere that CdG's Calamus has been discontinued. Anyone know if that's true? It was one of the first samples I received when I dove head first into this new scent addiction and I loved it. Then it disappeared from the website where I ordered the sample (lucky scent).

I was hoping it would reappear so I could score a bottle, but it hasn't.

Any info appreciated. And thanks for all the knowledge you've already imparted.

Default Re: Calamus. Discontinued?

It's weird ... LuckyScent doesn't have it listed on the website in the Series 1 "Leaves" list ... but a Google search brought up this: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=23003

If you're thinking of buying it from there, I would call first.

Yep. The Leaves Series was discontinued last year, as I remember.
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Shame. I got this one a few months ago from Luckyscent after testing it last summer. Now that I have a bottle, I think I'll cherish it and use it for special occasions during warm weather. I keep it in it's box....away from sunlight, as I do all my frags, except what I call my "black bottle smells". That would be Bandit, Pher'omone for Men (....YES! I actually like that one!!!) and a few others.

Calamus is very nostalgic of summers long gone. It reminds me of so much; running around barefoot in the back yard as a kid, catching lighting bugs, running my fingers through the cool grass, picking dandelions for my mother, the droning of cicadas in July and eating cucumbers, fresh from the garden. MMMM, Summer! I love it so! (Only a few months to go!)

I'm not a kid anymore, but at least the cicadas still sing (or buzz) every summer!

If you find a bottle, GRAB IT!!! ;D

I had no idea the entire series was discontinued. I've been wanting to try the Lily. I've notice the prices of the Red series has shot way up.
    I hope CDG is'nt going to nix that line. I better buy that bottle of Harissa I've been wanting. You just never know.

S

Quote Originally Posted by stevolution
    I've notice the prices of the Red series has shot way up.
    I hope CDG is'nt going to nix that line. I better buy that bottle of Harissa I've been wanting. You just never know.
    Don't worry friend, they changed the packaging and size of the bottles in the Red Series last year.

Yes the Red is now 100 ml.
    I have Calamus nad Tea - lucky me:-P
    (Oct. 3rd).

Quote Originally Posted by nqth
    Yes the Red is now 100 ml.
    I have Calamus nad Tea - lucky me:-P

Same here, plus the unusable Shiso from the same series. I really want Mint and Lily as well, just to have a complete series, but then right now there are soo many other fragrances I rather spend my money on that I will probably wait too long and they'll be gone forever. I noticed Luckyscent got Mint back in stock fairly recently...

I can't stand Sisho:-) sorry. But it is just me (I am asian and I hate eating sisho since I was a child:-P)
    The Mint and Lily aree also interesting. Wet, fresh and leafy. I think the series was very conceptual and new at that time. Clean, vegetable, simpliest, except for Tea:-)

(Oct. 3rd).

The leaves series was one of CdG's best indeed. I loved Lily so much, now the bottle is empty and I have to use Guerlain's Lillia Bella as a substitute. Very nice, too, but not as fresh as CdG's version *
    I've still a half bottle of Calamus and will save it for special occasions *

I can't stand Sisho:-) sorry. But it is just me (I am asian and I hate eating sisho since I was a child:-P)
    Well, I did write "the unusable Shiso"

Glad I got Calamus and Tea in time! It's sad to see the Leaves Series discontinued. :'(
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

You can still order any of the Leaves series here: 1.6 oz bottles for $45.00 and I believe free shipping

http://www.moca.org/store/product_de...ch.php?pID=926

Thanks for the link, Buffalo Gal. And to everyone else for the commiserating and educating.

I found another place with those lovely bottles of milky greenness still in stock: www.myrougegirl.com in Princeton, N.J. I tried to order from the website but was unsuccessful. So I called the number on the site and ordered one that way. They said they'd ship it out Monday.

I'll probably go ahead and order another from the MOCA site. Better stock up while I can. Maybe I should grab a bottle of Lily while I'm at it.

Now I think I'll get that bottle of Harissa from the Rouge site and perhaps another bottle of Calamus!...although I've been wanting to try Lily. If I get Lily and I don't like it, I can always give it to my mom.

Has anyone used Lily? Any thoughts on it?

S

I've talked with one of CdG people today (the opening of CdG G II:-) She said Calamus is being re-released, due to high demand of custumers:-) Yay!
    (Oct. 3rd).

I've talked with one of CdG people today (the opening of CdG G II:-) She said Calamus is being re-released, due to high demand of custumers:-) Yay!
    So tell us more about the opening!

It was frantic:-)) Intensive works before opening... The place is very nice. An old glass shop, which has not been renewed for 40 years. Walls are covered with "camouflage" - it is when the paint falls out:-)) The area is an old quarter of Warsaw, with a few "antique" shops around. Closer to the people than the previous, under bridge one:-)

Lot of ppl there, too.
    (Oct. 3rd).