Code of Conduct

Default Tommy Bahama "Very Cool" duo (more info added)

Source: WWD.com

Brand: Tommy Bahama
    Name: Very Cool for Men and Very Cool for Women.

Target: A lighter fragrances for younger customers than the original Tommy Bahama duo.

Both fragrances were composed by Firmenich. Very Cool for Men (nose Harry Fremond) is a fresh aquatic with notes of mint jojito, mandarin, ginger root and bergamot; while Very Cool for women (nose Jean-Claude Delville ) features notes of tangerine, clementine, pink pomelo and cactus flower and hibiscus.

Bottle designer: Dale Kan (Brandonology).
    The bottles are variations on the original bottles that were inspired by the iconic Patron tequila bottle. Very Cool for Men comes in clear, bubbly glass ; light blue for women.

A bottle of Patron Tequila inspired...

... the bottle of the original Tommy Bahama that for Very Cool will be clear.

A few interesting facts about the Tommy Bahama fragrance line:
    -More than 60% of the customers are men (The line was created by an ex Liz Claiborne cosmetics exectutive, Liz Claiborne *does also a greater business with men).
    -Tommy Bahama is successfull in the Southern part of the USA but strugling in the North (except in Chicago and Detroit).

P.S. : Each purchase of Very Cool will include a 0.5-oz. spray of the original Tommy Bahama fragrance in a leather travel case.

Default Re: New: Tommy Bahama Very Cool scent duo.

Didn't Tommy Bahamma just come out? It is the only scent I like from Tommy but have not bought it. Tommy has not even had time to become a classic and already a different version is comming out. As for musicians, it is not good to come out with a new album every few month or year because they wind up sucking as if it was rished and not thought out. The same with fragrances.

ikki - what other scents does Tommy Bahama have? Maybe you are confusing Tommy Bahama with Tommy Hilfiger?

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    ikki - what other scents does Tommy Bahama have? Maybe you are confusing Tommy Bahama with Tommy Hilfiger?
    Perhaps I am! As I seldom frequent the mainstream counters anymore, it passing I see this "Tommy Bahamma", and "Tommy True Star" and immdeiately think they are related. Are they not? I have not even cared enough to check the basenotes directory. I might have to give Tommy Bahamma a secong look. I smelled it once and thought it was decent but passed because I thought it was under the hilfiger house.

just checked the directory and it looks like it is it's own entity. I had no knoledge of this designer. Who knew? (everyone but me)

Yup, Tommy Bahama, Hilfiger's line for the older gentleman of leasure. One reason that the clothes are suffering in the north is that it's basically tropical stuff, cottons, raw silks, linens...rather popular in my part of the states. Ironic thing is that the cologne smells basically of frankincense cardamom and pepper. I hardly think the frag personifies the clothes, but I'm not complaining...one of my faves.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I think we are a bit confused here...Tommy Bahama and Tommy Hilfiger are in no-way related...Bahama is not under the Hilfiger-house in any way...Tommy Bahama fragrance is sophisticated and warm and the clothes are Havana-inspired...

Tommy Bahama is a horrible scent. Its like wood mixed with some motor oil. Gross :P

Quote Originally Posted by ilnaso
    I think we are a bit confused here...Tommy Bahama and Tommy Hilfiger are in no-way related...Bahama is not under the Hilfiger-house in any way...Tommy Bahama fragrance is sophisticated and warm and the clothes are Havana-inspired...
    Oops, and I thought I was aware of what Tommy Bahama was all about...here's a snippit from Inc. Magazine's article on the clothing line...

The punch line (as perhaps you've guessed) is that Tommy is not a real person. He is a fictional character devised by three flesh-and-blood entrepreneurs to develop their brand -- the Tommy Bahama line of merchandise, which includes clothing, accessories, home furnishings, and more. The company's three founders debate "What would Tommy do?" whenever they consider a key business decision. Does he golf? Yes. Does he own an overcoat? No way. Does he own a tie? That last question provoked a feud, which only underlines the obsessiveness that has become the hallmark of this company. "One of the reasons we've been a success is that we know what came first," says cofounder Bob Emfield, 59, a grave Minnesotan with sharp features and silver hair. "This guy came first. He has a strong personality, and we cater to him."

Pretty interesting angle on the market targeting. I wouldn't spend $90 on one of their raw silk shirts though.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Yup, Tommy Bahama, Hilfiger's line for the older gentleman of leasure...
    Sorry, but Tommy Hilfliger and Tommy Bahama are unrelate companies.

Default Re: Tommy Bahama "Very Cool" duo (more info added)

Don't ask why but this release excites me... well, ok, most future releases excite me at one point or another untill I sample them *;D

Here is my question:
    Tommy Bahama isn't available in the country I live in, so I haven't sample it yet
    Knowing the man behind the marketing of Tommy Bahama fragrances used to be one of the bosses at Liz Claiborne Cosmetics, would you say that Tommy Bahama for men is in the same style (or shares the musky notes) of the Claiborne fragrances?

Seems that Tommy Bahama is making a marketing push. I saw and add in the newspaper today from a furniture store; you could have their room designers outfit your home in a complete Tommy Bahama motif.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I tried very cool for men today at Nordstroms....It is quite good.
    Nothing spectacular but Unique and fresh....I don't have anything like it in my 'drobe.

Maybe a future purchase???

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Don't ask why but this release excites me... well, ok, most future releases excite me at one point or another untill I sample them *;D

Here is my question:
    Tommy Bahama isn't available in the country I live in, so I haven't sample it yet
    Knowing the man behind the marketing of Tommy Bahama fragrances used to be one of the bosses at Liz Claiborne Cosmetics, would you say that Tommy Bahama for men is in the same style (or shares the musky notes) of the Claiborne fragrances?
    I'm not sure if it's in the same style as other Claiborne fragrances, but would say that it shares some similarities with Ralph Lauren's Purple Label and Silver Romance. If you take away Both of those fragrances top notes, and replace with a bit more spice and wood, they would have the same "aura" or feel to them.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Basenotes Plus

A few years ago I was in a Tommy Bahama clothing store here in Florida. When the frag first came out last year I also thought that it had no connection to the tropical concept as it was a "heavy" rather than light tropical scent. I do not like it. I am curious as to the new Cool version and will be trying it soon.