Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Davidoff Good Life

I just smelled this frag a while ago and I think it smells so refreshing. Reminds me of a perfect summer's day. What do you guys think? Does it have enough sillage even? Is it worth investing money into?
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Davidoff Good Life

It's a superb scent, great lasting power and sillage. However, it seems to share one odd characteristic among many of its fans here, which was commented upon in another posting - we really like it and think it's great - but we don't wear it all that much.

It's supposedly been discontinued for a few years now, and it went pretty cheaply everywhere around the world a couple of years back. Certainly worth an investment if you find it cheap.

If you do buy it, make sure that you never go and smell Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme. It's a more interesting fig leaf scent, and after you've smelled it, when you again smell Good Life, it suddenly seems incomplete.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    It's a superb scent, great lasting power and sillage. However, it seems to share one odd characteristic among many of its fans here, which was commented upon in another posting - we really like it and think it's great - but we don't wear it all that much.

It's supposedly been discontinued for a few years now, and it went pretty cheaply everywhere around the world a couple of years back. Certainly worth an investment if you find it cheap.

If you do buy it, make sure that you never go and smell Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme. It's a more interesting fig leaf scent, and after you've smelled it, when you again smell Good Life, it suddenly seems incomplete.
    Renato
    Oh. It's not THAT cheap here. Around USD40. Not good, right? We don't have that much frag sales here.
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celdor

Oh. It's not THAT cheap here. Around USD40. Not good, right? We don't have that much frag sales here.
    I paid around US$25 for a big 125ml tester bottle without a cap.
    Checking out the internet may be a good idea.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

[quote author=Celdor link=1142699758/0#2 date=1142701484]

Renato
    [/quote]

Can't really do that as shipping to my country is impossibly expensive! *sigh*

Oh yeah, how different is it from Salvatore Ferragamo PH? I think I've seen that in the shop where I get my frags from.

I L-O-V-E IT. I absolutely love it. It is the best Davidoff, and you better believe it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    I L-O-V-E IT. I absolutely love it. It is the best Davidoff, and you better believe it.
    I though the same thing too when I caught a whiff of it. How does it wear during the summer and how long does it last on you?

[quote author=Pigeon Murderer link=1142699758/0#5 date=1142704182]I L-O-V-E IT. I absolutely love it. It is the best Davidoff, and you better believe it.
    I though the same thing too when I caught a whiff of it. How does it wear during the summer and how long does it last on you?[/quote]

It`s great for the summer: Sweet yet fresh, stays in good balance even in hot, humid weather. The lasting power is not the best in the world, but still fair enough at least: I`d say 7-8 hours goes quite easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    [quote author=Celdor link=1142699758/0#6 date=1142704365][quote author=Pigeon Murderer link=1142699758/0#5 date=1142704182]I L-O-V-E IT. I absolutely love it. It is the best Davidoff, and you better believe it.
    I though the same thing too when I caught a whiff of it. How does it wear during the summer and how long does it last on you?[/quote]

It`s great for the summer: Sweet yet fresh, stays in good balance even in hot, humid weather. The lasting power is not the best in the world, but still fair enough at least: I`d say 7-8 hours goes quite easily. [/quote]

7-8 hours and it's sweet yet fresh? I'm starting to want it even more. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

I just rec'd a bottle of this in a blind trade and was very impressed with it and gave it several days wearing in a row...something I rarely do. I"m quite partial to fig scents but the fig was blended nicely into the background all along the drydown. Nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trasker
    I just rec'd a bottle of this in a blind trade and was very impressed with it and gave it several days wearing in a row...something I rarely do. I"m quite partial to fig scents but the fig was blended nicely into the background all along the drydown. Nice.
    Ah, so nice to hear good reviews on this. I thought I was the only one who found it interesting since people tend to brush off Davidoff.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so nice to hear good reviews on this. I thought I was the only one who found it interesting since people tend to brush off Davidoff.
    oh not me! I even liked Cool Water when a dear friend gave me a gift set of it years ago. I only put it away when I could not venture out into public without catching a wiff of it on the very young. And Zino remains one of my fav's as well.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote author=Renato link=1142699758/0#3 date=1142702725][quote author=Celdor link=1142699758/0#2 date=1142701484]

Renato
    [/quote]

Can't really do that as shipping to my country is impossibly expensive! *sigh*

Oh yeah, how different is it from Salvatore Ferragamo PH? I think I've seen that in the shop where I get my frags from.[/quote]
    Salvatore Ferragamo is like Good Life but with some extra spiciness added to it. It's always been dearer than Good Life where I live.

Many of us outside the US like shopping at Strawberrynet, since the cost of postage is included in the price of the items. Their regular prices aren't supercheap, but their specials prices can be quite good, and they have different ones every month.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see. I should look for Ferragamo then. Does it have the same lasting power as Good Life? And BTW, Zino is love.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see. I should look for Ferragamo then. Does it have the same lasting power as Good Life? And BTW, Zino is love.
    Don't get me wrong, they're both great scents - I thought Good Life was fabulous, until I found Ferragamo, it just took a back seat afterwards. I'm pretty sure that among Fig leaf fans there would be people who like Good Life more than Ferragamo.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

[quote author=Celdor link=1142699758/0#13 date=1142735606]Ah, I see. I should look for Ferragamo then. Does it have the same lasting power as Good Life? And BTW, Zino is love.
    Don't get me wrong, they're both great scents - I thought Good Life was fabulous, until I found Ferragamo, it just took a back seat afterwards. I'm pretty sure that among Fig leaf fans there would be people who like Good Life more than Ferragamo.
    Renato[/quote]

Then I have to get both! HAHA! :P