Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Last Frag Before Summer Begins (No Allowance)

So after being fragrance crazy for the past month, classes in University is coming to an end since summer break is approaching. That means, I won't have any allowance to buy frags until around May to June. So which one should I get? Really confused. Sorry if these are the only choices as these are the only feasible ones available in the shop where I buy frags from. :-/

Take note:
    -I don't care if it's warm outside, I wear the scent I want to wear. (eg. Givenchy Pi even on a hot day)
    -I want a scent that makes an impression and lasts.
    -Sillage is an important factor for me.
    -I appreciate unique scents.
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Last Frag Before Summer Begins (No Allowanc

I think you will like Bulgari Black very much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    I think you will like Bulgari Black very much
    agreed, def. my favorite frag on the list, but not much for sillage. For what you describe, Celdor, Id say Kouros, but in all honesty, I dont think its terribly wearable. More of a novelty departure type frag IMO. Kouros every week sounds a bit rough and tumble to me (I'll wait for the admirable and adventurous Pigeon Murderer to rebutt this statement.)
    skip Xs, you have Herrera,
    skip Boss Bottled, you have Pi.
    skip swiss army and elements aqua, they are not ecentric enough for you!
    Dunno Jazz, VC&A or Azzaro welle nough to judge.
    Don't remember what else was in teh poll.

I have to say Bulgari Black, sillage be damned. Just douse your clothes in it if you wanna reek.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hit up Pi's closest relative, Boss Bottled. It is not for summer but you love Pi so why not get Bottled???

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, kenzo could be good. unlike anything else youve got, IMO. Some may call it tame, but there has to be SOME times when you dont wanna smell like a crazy person (akak Basenoter)

If you are a sillage monster, go for Kouros - it's my personal fave and it's a wicked sweet and thick summer scent. Trust me bro -- it reminds me of Miami South Beach - lived there and women simply go gaga for it. I'm wearing it right now and it's awesome and lays perfectly on my skin and clothes.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Post Thanks / Like

Bvlgari Black

Just because I don't have it and I like it...

Need.....more....money.....

Post Thanks / Like

Jazz by YSL - okay, not compelling enough, probably the more formal of the bunch
    Kouros by YSL - wears amazingly well on me in summer, but definitely not to everyone's liking
    Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari - very good, but only lasts a few hours on me - test longevity before any purchase.
    XS PH by Paco Rabanne - extremely good, but is it different enough from what you have?
    Swiss Army by Swiss Army- very underrated here. Fougere, yes, but different.
    Elements Aqua by Hugo Boss - don't like much. Original Elements wears much better, but isn't that impressive on a paper or wrist test.
    Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss - Fabulous scent, though more a night time one because of it's sweetness.
    L'eau par Kenzo by Kenzo - *I like it very much, but it has very poor lasting power on me. Kenzo Homme has heaps more lasting power, but isn't much liked by many here.
    Van Cleef & Arpels by Van Cleef & Arpels- *can't comment.
    Azzaro PH by Azzaro - Didn't last long enough on me.

If you look around, or are willing to wait, you should be able to get many of the above pretty cheap. What I really hate is paying good money for a scent, only to find it doesn't last. But when going dirt cheap I'll happily pick it up.
    Renato

Kouros, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Oh yeah, kenzo could be good. unlike anything else youve got, IMO. Some may call it tame, but there has to be SOME times when you dont wanna smell like a crazy person (akak Basenoter)
    I agree. *I'm as much of a fan of Kouros as anybody, but you've got plenty of sillage in your armory. *There'll be times when you want something a little lower key--L'Eau par Kenzo has a lot going for it as an excellent, beautifully constructed scent, and it has a subtlety that's desirable every once in a while. *Also, don't overlook Swiss Army--one of my most complimented fragrances.

Bulgari Black, definitely!

How about A*men? Very unique, powerhouse scent, superb sillage and lasts all day, and you don't mind wearing warm scent even on a hot summer's day. I think it is available in the shop where you buy frags. Or how about buying decants from other members, so you can try more to find out what you really like? If I really have to choose from the choice above, it has to be *KOUROS*

Post Thanks / Like

Jazz by YSL - Green, formal, somewhat dry, masculine, classic. Nice.
    Kouros by YSL - Hardcore, amber, cloves and incense, uncompromising, heavy, aquired taste. Superb
    Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari - smokey rubber, tea, subtle, uni-sex, urban. Great.
    XS PH by Paco Rabanne - Woody incense, slight pepper, slight florals. Pleasant.
    Swiss Army by Swiss Army- Not Tried
    Elements Aqua by Hugo Boss - Vermouth, juniper, very warm, masculine, great sillage. Lovely
    Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss - Apples and vanilla, formal, common, mellow. I like it
    L'eau par Kenzo by Kenzo - Zesty, sparkling yuzu, fresh, refreshing, very nice but bad longevity.
    Van Cleef & Arpels by Van Cleef & Arpels- Stuffy, rose, perhaps some tobacco. Not my cup of tea.
    Azzaro PH by Azzaro - ULTRA CLASSIC. Spicy, masculine, stellar staying power. A must.

MMM

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys, but now I think I can narrow it down to 3, mainly, Kouros, Bvl Black, or Azzaro. It's so hard to choose among such excellent fragrances. :-?
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

I voted for Kouros based on your criteria. Personally, I would get Jazz or Azzaro, but for you I don't think either will have enough siliage for you nor are they the types of no-holds-barred frags you seem to be looking for; they are restrained. (I wear Azzaro a lot, but rarely wear Kouros BTW.)
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    I voted for Kouros based on your criteria. Personally, I would get Jazz or Azzaro, but for you I don't think either will have enough siliage for you nor are they the types of no-holds-barred frags you seem to be looking for; they are restrained. (I wear Azzaro a lot, but rarely wear Kouros BTW.)
    K
    Well, restrained can be good too at times since I'm more of a conservative type of guy. But at the same time I'm not afraid of trying new things. Won't Azzaro hold up well? I have my doubts with Jazz since I'm traumatized with the lasting power of Live Jazz.