Code of Conduct

Default Need a frag or two.

Hello all,

As of now, I only own egoiste. I'm looking to add a frag or two (or three?), especially one for the summer. I'm only 18, but I want stuff that is sophisticated, confident, maybe a hint of sexy etc. Very much business, since I'm looking to make it big on Wall Street. Recommendations please. Also, while we're on the topic, what is a good interview scent? I know you aren't supposed to go overboard for interviews though. Thanks.

Default Re: Need a frag or two.

try Amani Mania and Dior Homme for your interview ! Polo Blue isn't bad as well.
    As for a hint of sexy and for your age , Here in Scotland normally Issy miyacke , Joop! , Jean Paul Gaultier le male , Cool waters are good for that puropose.

As you only own Égoïste, I can oly say "Un travail bien commencé est dejà terminé". Indeed a good starting point!
    So why not adding a couple of scents for summertime like another great classic and a new one? For the great classic I can suggest Guerlain Vetiver (if you like vetyver) or Chanel Pour Monsieur (if you prefer citrus notes). For the new one, ive to the new Terre d'Hermes a try: it sounds perfect for summertime.

Gendarme is ideal for an interview - clean, fresh and inoffensive.
    I would also recommend Creed Original Vetiver for your climb up the Wall Street ladder.
    Just remember us when you make it to the top.

Go for DZING! by L'Artisan Parfumeur and you're happy ever after.

dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

What about M7 or fahreneit? Is M7 too close to egoiste? The soonest I'll have to interview is next year, so I can probably put that frag off for a while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Polo Blue

try Amani Mania and Dior Homme for your interview ! Polo Blue isn't bad as well.
    As for a hint of sexy and for your age , Here in Scotland normally Issy miyacke , Joop! , Jean Paul Gaultier le male , Cool waters are good for that puropose.

Welcome, Polo Blue!

Is that Scotland UK - whereabouts? Thinking we might be neighbours!!

Enjoy Basenotes - you will never be the same again.

;D
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlux
    What about M7 or fahreneit? Is M7 too close to egoiste? The soonest I'll have to interview is next year, so I can probably put that frag off for a while.
    No way! Every REAL man (and woman for that matter) should have a bottle of M7! That's if it works with your chemistry. :shrug:

Personally i love that woody incense from dusk til dawn. :-*
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Moondeva :

Yeah Scotland UK lol ! I live in Glasgow what about you ? and this website Rocks !!

by the Way did i pick the right combination of popular colognes ?

Polo Blue

Good luck with the interviews man. *I recently wore L'Instant by Guerlain and it worked wonders on my interviews - got the job. Classy, yet youthful, fresh and not in your face with good longevity. *Go for it and remember to sell it!

Cheers! *
    Peace ~ Markymark

I second M7, Mania, L'Instant, and Dzing!

I would add GIT, Eau Sauvage, Voleur de Roses, Chrome, M7 Fresh, Himalaya, New Tabarome, SMW, Gendarme, Geir and plenty more. Check those out first. I hope you find something in there you like...

I just recently received samples that are exceptional. They are both by Divine, the two men's scents: l'homme sage and l'home de coeur. Sage is darker, earthier, mossier, but I wouldn't feel uncomfortable wearing it in the summer. l'homme coeur is lighter, more floral, but still very masculine in my opinion. The latter starts off very similar to Creed's Tabarome Millesime, then evolves into someting reminiscent of Versace's Dreamer, then goes beyond that to a nice, round scent that would be great for spring and summer. I found both of them to be sophisticated, complex, and distinctive scents that would be appropriate for many settings. They're both going on my list.

Frags for summer:

M7 Fresh
    Kouros Cologne Sport
    GIT
    MI

Alright, I'm definitely going to get some M7, but then my "collection" (lol, only 2) lacks something "summery". I like acqua di gio, but everyone and their mom wears it. What's a good unique summer scent? Preferrably vastly different from M7 and egoiste. I need the breadth before I go for the depth.

Watch out with M7: I don't know if you like sweet fragrances, but M7 can become sweet on your skin (it happened to me too). Try it first.

I've smelled it before and it's not too bad. egoiste is pretty sweet as well.

I had no problem with M7 getting sweet - it stayed pretty dry and woodsy on me, though the agarwood has a distinct scent.

As for summer frags, maybe try a Creed. Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya are all quality, somewhat interesting fragrances that should work well in the summer.

Boucheron EDT? Try it!