Code of Conduct

Default New: Fresh's Santal Canabis.

From WWD.com

Men's Corner: Fresh's Sensual Masculinity.
    By Matthew W. Evans

NEW YORK - With the spring introduction of its newest masculine fragrance, called Cannabis Santal, Fresh intends to head in a more sensual direction.

Meanwhile, the beauty company, which is majority-owned by LVMH Mot Hennessy Louis Vuitton, is focused on slowly growing its wholesale business as well as expanding its network of freestanding stores.

"I wanted to create a sensual, masculine fragrance," Lev Glazman, the firm's chief executive officer and director of product development, said of Cannabis Santal. "There's a new approach by men," he added, "from the standpoint that they want to take care of themselves and they buy products that make them feel good."

The eau de parfum, which Glazman developed along with Givaudan's Caroline Sabas, has top notes of bergamot, brazilian orange and black plum. The heart of the scent includes patchouli, rose and cannabis accord, which intermingle with a base of chocolate, vetiver and vanilla musk.

"Rather than a citrusy [scent], this is much deeper," said Glazman, referring to the rose and chocolate accords.

Cannabis Santal is intended to complement Pink Jasmine, a feminine fragrance Fresh introduced in early December. Pink Jasmine was inspired by "that one moment," from a man's perspective, "when he thinks about a woman and remembers her scent," noted Glazman. The opposite scenario inspired Cannabis Santal. "I wanted to have the woman experience the same thing."

Cannabis Santal is scheduled to be launched in April. The brand's full distribution of 535 doors in the U.S. includes nine Fresh boutiques, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Blue Mercury, C.O. Bigelow and other independent boutiques. Internationally, the brand is carried in 17 Sephora doors in France and 18 points of sale in the U.K. Fresh also has three boutiques abroad - in Paris, London and Seoul.

The 100-ml. eau de parfum, which is priced at $75, could generate first-year retail sales of $1 million, according to industry sources.

LVMH, which acquired a stake in Fresh five years ago, also bought numerous other beauty brands, including Bliss, Hard Candy, Benefit Cosmetics and Urban Decay, in roughly the same time frame.

While LVMH divested Bliss, Hard Candy and Urban decay, it kept on board Benefit; Acqua di Parma, a 2003 acquisition, and Fresh - which has a worldwide retail sales volume estimated at roughly $60 million.

"They love Fresh and they think we've done a great job building the brand," Glazman, who cofounded the company in 1991 with wife Alina Roytberg, said of the firm's corporate partner. "It's important to them that we've stuck to our vision. Fresh is building a lot of momentum in the market.

"We started as a bath and body brand, but in the last several years, the mix has changed. We've successfully managed to create anchors in different categories - mascara, skin care, fragrance and candles," said Glazman.

"With LVMH and us - and our vision - [Fresh] became so much more than it was before," he added. "It was very important for us to keep our full autonomy in place. They love and promote creative forces behind brands [and] feel the original founders are the bloodline of the company. They don't want to interfere with that."

Fragrance generates roughly 20 percent of Fresh revenues, while skin care for the face and body makes up about half the business. Color cosmetics account for 20 percent of revenues and the remainder of the business is generated by hair care products and sets.

Fresh bolstered its assortment of masculine products in 2003 with the introduction of Fresh Men, a grooming range priced from $26 to $38 that features a skin soother, shaving cream, cleanser and body wash.

Glazman noted the launch enlarged the brand's consumer base - and changed the ratio of female-vs.-male customers. Before Fresh Men, about 80 percent of Fresh customers were women. Today, though, it's closer to 65 percent female and 35 percent male.

"The men's line was an entry point [and it] got them buying into other products," said Glazman. As a result of the success the brand has experienced on the men's side, there are plans to introduce more advanced skin care products for guys.

"Obviously, we'll add deeper treatment-oriented products tailored to men's skin," said Glazman, who projected such a launch could take place in the next two years.

Next year, the brand plans to open two Fresh stores on the West Coast. One is slated for Santa Monica, Calif., and the location of the second has yet to be determined. And, in order to expand Fresh's wholesale business in existing doors next year, the brand is developing "very strong marketing programs" with Neiman Marcus, according to Glazman, as well as with LVMH-owned Sephora.

Default Re: New: Fresh's Santal Canabis.

I figured it was only a matter of time before someone came out with a scent like this.

Sheesh, like I don't have enough trouble with the police as it is.

oh oh i can see the wave of marihuana references coming...

or am i just being paranoid? :
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Why don't they get the same reactions with perfumes like Opium or Heroine?

I have a hunch that if I were to spray this on my wrists & on the nape of my neck, I will get a spiritual awakening!
    Let your nose be your pilot

That is some interesting scent. I only have cannabis scented insence-sticks, and they smell very intoxicating.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJoe
    Why don't they get the same reactions with perfumes like Opium or Heroine?
    Well, Opium's been around since the 70's. I'm sure they joked about it for the first twenty years.

But seriously, I don't want to go around and smell of cannabis. I love the smell though.

Here in Europe you can buy "Knaster Hanf" which is basically hemp, but has zero percent THC.
    That means you can smoke a ton and don't "feel" anything.
    When smoking cigarettes you get nicotine and a lot of other deadly poisons, but this stuff is only smoke with absolutely no effects. It's completely legal and can be bought almost everywhere. It's sold as a room freshener, but it's packed like normal tabacco.

Probably I have to add that the smoke smells EXACTLY the same as the real deal! There's absolutely no way to tell a difference! Of course there have been problems with this "scent". People making fun of this - smoking weird looking joints next to policemen or in the midst of bars .... LOL!

decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Does it give you the munchies?

Quote Originally Posted by pepse19
    Does it give you the munchies?
    no flush - no ravenous appetite,

but the most silly looks for sure :-? > :
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I'm sure the essence of canabis is very different from the smell of the smoke.

"...The eau de parfum, which Glazman developed along with Givaudan's Caroline Sabas, has top notes of bergamot, brazilian orange and black plum. The heart of the scent includes patchouli, rose and cannabis accord, which intermingle with a base of chocolate, vetiver and vanilla musk. "

I was just wondering where is the santal on this one ?
    L'odeur de rose, faible, grce au vent lger d't qui passe, se mle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    "...The eau de parfum, which Glazman developed along with Givaudan's Caroline Sabas, has top notes of bergamot, brazilian orange and black plum. The heart of the scent includes patchouli, rose and cannabis accord, which intermingle with a base of chocolate, vetiver and vanilla musk. "

They forgot....

umm, what were we talking about?
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins
    [quote author=Sandalwood link=1135930476/0#13 date=1135961950]"...The eau de parfum, which Glazman developed along with Givaudan's Caroline Sabas, has top notes of bergamot, brazilian orange and black plum. The heart of the scent includes patchouli, rose and cannabis accord, which intermingle with a base of chocolate, vetiver and vanilla musk. "

They forgot....

umm, what were we talking about?[/quote]
    "I'm not as think as you stoned i am"

I smell doke smope!

Yes...i used to indulge.... :
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Really good fresh weed smells incredible. Alone it would make an interesting but highly impractical scent (work?), but blended into a perfume with other notes it could be remarkable. I'm very curious to try this.

What where they smoking when they came up with this scent?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

The notes actually sound intriguing on this one, but the name is funny. Still, I look forward to trying it given that I'm a sucker for their soaps.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I have a feeling it's either gonna not even be close to what you think it will smell like and forever be forgotten but remembered for a stupid name or its gonna smell very similar and in all honesty who the hell is gonna wear it?
    Not me, I love the smell of fresh marijuana (it was a friends 8-)) but who wants to smell of it everywhere they go. For $75 you could smoke enough of the real deal to make you smell like it and get the fringe benefits too.
    Why advertise that you smell like an illegal substance :-?
    It will be interesting to smell it though, but I will never buy it.

"...and they buy products that make them feel good"

"oh oh i can see the wave of marihuana references coming...
    or am i just being paranoid? :"
    Hehe, if I burn it, will it truly make me feel good? : ;D

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I remember going to the Oregon Country Fairs and various other festivals in the Oregon area 8-) and alot of people were burning Sage, Rosemary and Thyme and that stuff is potent potent potent. Not quite like cannabis but a very similar "green crystally" aroma like its freshly cut. I haven't seen these notes in many perfumes except maybe rosemary.

I always think it smells like foxes, though that could be "the chronic" in combination with special brew charged urine (the shop doorway de London accord) whenever I indulge it's mixed with tobacco and like a normal smoke, it's difficult to smell anything after a few puffs. Having said that, it smells reasonable unignited and could work, I suppose given the other vaguely foul substances that can pep up a scent - ticking the snozz in raw civet is an horrific experience, but in the right quantitites in a floral or leather scent - it's gorgeous.

OK, this is out now... wondering who here has tried it. I'm hearing wonderful things about it but haven't managed to find a sample to try.

I should have mine by WED....I'll let you know what I think when it comes in....
    I'm pretty excited about this one.

Had mine for a month or so now thanks to a first-rate Basenoter .

It's one of my favorites. Very smooth and sensual in its drydown.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    I should have mine by WED....I'll let you know what I think when it comes in....
    I'm pretty excited about this one.

where did you buy it from?

I think either Saks or Barneys has an exclusive on it.

Quote Originally Posted by scent_addict_2002
    I think either Saks or Barneys has an exclusive on it.

yep just checked...its at barneys for $75

Chandler Burr says that there definitely is that "herbal" note. ;D

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Just arrived minutes ago and I will need some time to understand it but it is quite yummy. Initially quite sweet on me but that burns off in a few minutes...only a very subtle cannabis note in the middle that the untrained nose would not pick up on if they didn't know the title of this. What I love about this is it is so unique and bucks the light aquatic trend I can't stomach anymore. More later...

Just got mine in the mail....I do see the A*MEN resemblance (for about 5 minutes) then soemthing magical happens....This is VERY good.