Code of Conduct

Default Your Biggest Volume of Scent

I like stocking up on scents that I like, when they are going ultra cheap. At the moment my biggest volume of scent is Eau de Rochas, where I have three 100ml bottles - 300mls in total.

My next biggest holdings are about 250 mls of Boss Elements, 230 mls of Lagerfeld Photo, and 230mls of Chrome (in 8 Bottles!). My first three are always located in a handy position for frequent use. Chrome I've stocked up on for forthcoming trips overseas - as it was the only one that never let me down in the freshness stakes during my European vacation last year.

What's you biggest volumetric scent holding?
    Renato

Default Re: Your Biggest Volume of Scent

75ml

Right now I'd rather put every nickel into broadening my collection with new scents instead of buying larger quantities. I was very close to buy a bigger bottle of Guerlain - Vetiver, though.

EDIT: where the heck did that guy with the green hat come from? It's not St patricks yet! (I know it's not, because i googled!)

I have been stockpiling Havana. Including Reserva, I have about 350ml.

300 ml of Envy –I just woke up one morning and there they were :S Now, it’s been four years and I’m less than halfway through the first bottle..
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

Over 300ml of Mugler Calogne--I bought the big bottle.

200ml of Helmut Lang EDC--don't want to run out of this!

When you mention Helmut Lang: I should definately buy a whole lotta Cuiron!

100 ml I never buy several bottles of the same fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    Over 300ml of Mugler Calogne--I bought the big bottle.

200ml of Helmut Lang EDC--don't want to run out of this!
    Interesting. I didn't know Mugler Cologne was sold in such a big bottle.
    I could be wrong, but while guys wouldn't mind it, I think some women wouldn't like receiving something that heavy.
    Renato

I have a huge bottle of Zagara di Sicilia I picked up in Palermo a while back. I still have it and use it specially on the summer months. It's a great splash!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Just 100ml to 125ml bottles of different scents. I never buy more than 1 bottle of the same scent.
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

100mls of boss bottled and 100mls of swiss army

100ml of Brit
    100ml of Chrome

My 200ml bottle of Odeur 53.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Old Spice : ca. 130ml. ;D
    Yatagan : ca. 120ml
    Pi : ca. 110ml

Over 3500ml of Nicole Miller for men. Half is EDT, half is aftershave splash.

Thats about a gallon

Not for sale or trade :P

Why So Serious?

4 bottles of Yang, 3 are 50ml and 1 is 30ml, so that makes it 180ml.

2 bottles of Nicole Miller at 100ml each, that's 200 ml.

Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    Old Spice : ca. 130ml. ;D
    Yatagan : ca. 120ml
    Pi : ca. 110ml
    Givenchy Pi has a 110ml bottle?! Ooooohhh! Where'd you get it?
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist

Thats about a gallon *

Could we perhaps infer that you are somewhat fond of Nicole Miller for Men?

I have about 40mls of it left.
    Renato

My largest volume is 100 ml. *I try to stick with decants, if possible. *And I deliberately avoid actually buying a bottle until I am positive that I want that fragrance in my life on a permanent basis. *I follow this strategy so that I can accumulate a library of fragrances at a fairly reasonable price. *I am thinking, though, of stockpiling some bottles of discontinued fragrances that I like.

110ml of tea for two. But I've owned 200ml of Cool Water before the other bottle ran out. I like to buy new stuff before I get more of the same thing....unless it is Tea for Two. I sweat that scent. I think I'll make it my SOTD... ;D

I am also one who can't wear the same scent for a longer period, while I apply very little.
    So my biggest bottle is 100ml of M7 Fresh, but I guess my 30ml of A*Men will last longer, since one spray is enough....

I have no duplicate bottles, since I hardly ever run out of anything.

My biggest bottle is the "mother" Mugler Cologne Splash.

I have a single 200ml bottle of NOS Signoricci 1.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Could we perhaps infer that you are somewhat fond of Nicole Miller for Men?
    You may. Maybe "hording" would be a better term than "stocking-up" in this case.

I also have 2 bottles of JHL (200ml) and about 150ml of Santal Noble - a little more reasonable, eh?
    Last edited by MadScientist; 5th December 2006 at 04:05 AM.

Excluding the two vats of Kouros and L'Autre down in the cellar...

Of single scents in high volume, I have

6 bottles of Jean Patou Pour Homme. Three 3.0 testers and three 2.0 oz bottles for about a total of 15 oz of solid gold.
    10 collected ounces of Tabac Blond

Those should last me.

Griff
    Griff

It's a tie between:

Fraîcheur végétale de Bambou by Yves Rocher

and

L'instant pour Homme EdT by Guerlain

(both around 122ml)
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I do carry 600ml of Concerto Fragonard cose they propose it and because I wear it every day - should last a year and It comes at a very good price too !!!

Super practical because it is internet shopping only and one large aluminium bottle a year is better than one every so and so.

I do keep that bottle in the fridge !!!

Laurent
    Invisible Power

Guerlain Eau Imperial 1000 ml splash bottle
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    Guerlain Eau Imperial 1000 ml splash bottle
    I was at my local perfume store today, they told me I could order a 1000 ml bottle of Jicky for 600 euro. Is that a normal price?
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

I have 2 or 3 unopened 100 ml bottles of each of:

JHL by Lauder/Aramis

Iquitos by Alain Delon

Witness by Jacques Bogart

Lapidus PH by Ted Lapidus

There are a few others for which I want have backup bottles.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I believe I have close to 500 ml of Hermes Equipage.

A 90% full 125 mL bottle of Mugler Cologne and a 50% full 75 mL bottle of Mugler Cologne...around 150 mL total.

Sorry, no 300 mL mega-bottle...yet.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

The only frag I currently stock is Ungaro III, around 250 ml. I'm afraid that this gem could suddenly disappear. I might get another bottle...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se męle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I have one unopened back-up bottle of each of the following:

Fresh Index Cucumber Baie
    Fresh Index Pomeganite Anise
    AG Sables
    Acqua di Parma
    and several bottles of AG Eau d'Hadrien (picked up as give-aways when AG still did that)
    plus a boat-load of Hermes The Vert wiped that my friend sent me from Hermes in SF when he worked there.

They are all hiding at the back of a cool closet in my place, wrapped up.

;D

Interesting thread...

I too have the 300 mL Mugler Cologne tank. I might actually use all of it because the stuff only lasts like an hour.

My max volume was 125ml of Polo Blue.

Yes, interesting the varied responses. Some have a big volume of something they like and which is still available, a few have stocked up on discontinued scents, some have stocked up in anticipation of the scent being discontinued, and some just can't resist a bargain.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Yes, interesting the varied responses. Some have a big volume of something they like and which is still available, a few have stocked up on discontinued scents, some have stocked up in anticipation of the scent being discontinued, and some just can't resist a bargain.
    Renato

I do agree but is it practical to buy a buttload of a certain scent knowing that it has a shelf-life? I mean, I've seen really big bottles of Eau Savage. O_o

2x100mls of Dior Homme. Also that 240 ml bottle of Lagerfeld Classic that I couldn't pass up for $20US. Now I'm getting a desire to stock up on Arpege Homme and Jicky PdT.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by levente
    I believe I have close to 500 ml of Hermes Equipage.
    want to swap some :-? ;D ;D

(Eau Imperial)
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    2x100mls of Dior Homme. *Also that 240 ml bottle of Lagerfeld Classic that I couldn't pass up for $20US. *Now I'm getting a desire to stock up on Arpege Homme and Jicky PdT.
    I thought it was a 200ml bottle of Lagerfeld Classic that I didn't pass up when it was going cheap - but I've just checked mine, and it is indeed a 240ml bottle.
    Renato

i've totally lost my mind since visiting here..largest volume is 2x100mL of M7 fresh ...all the others are bottles 15 ml - 125 ml....

Two wonderful ounces of Patou Pour Homme, boxed and staged to recharge an existing decant at my leisure......... This ebay steal of years ago was very nearly my biggest fragrance faux pas of all time.......

More recently I've been wrestling with an urge to grab up a bottle or three of the illustrious Cuiron.............

I stocked up with 4 x 120ml bottles of signoricci when I was in the UK around Christmas. It was dirt cheap too!
    I've since given two of them away. One to each of my uninitiated brothers.

Cheers

Jambo

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist

Thats about a gallon

nice.... 8-)

lets see, me:

350 +/-ml Hermes Eau d'orange verte

700ml 4711

230ml Rive Gauche PH

200ml YSL PH

200ml Pour Un Homme - in 3 bottles, varying in strength/age - Each have a different way about them

150ml Jacomo de Jacomo - 2 bottles, never enough of this scent - One older (better) one newer

130ml Oscar Pour Lui - 2 bottles - this is a lot of this scent

4711 - 300 ml splash bottle. 4711 is also available in an 800 ml jug, would you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by verve
    4711 - 300 ml splash bottle. * 4711 is also available in an 800 ml jug, would you believe. *
    That would be what, a week or two's supply if you really wanted to smell of 4711?

Ever been tempted by that 750ml splash bottle of Caron they have at ShoppersDirect?
    Renato

No, but I've been tempted by that 25.6oz bottle of Brut. Stand in the shower and just bathe in it before I go somewhere. If someone says anything, give them the innocent look and say I thought it was a little strong, but I only used 3 sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by Propaganda13
    No, but I've been tempted by that 25.6oz bottle of Brut. Stand in the shower and just bathe in it before I go somewhere. If someone says anything, give them the innocent look and say I thought it was a little strong, but I only used 3 sprays.
    Where's that sold - I'm interested.
    Renato