Code of Conduct

Default I just got my GIT and Bulgari

I received a bottle each of GIT and Bulgari PH today.

The GIT was disappointing at first; for the first 30 minutes or so, it smelled EXACTLY like the cheapest aftershave I've ever owned (which was a ripoff of Cool Water). Eventually it settled down and became more special. The strange thing is, I have already smelled this scent: the topnotes from my old aftershave, and the heart from an old, old sample that I somehow got a hold of when I was 6 or 7 (late 80's).
    The sample smelled heavenly to my young nose, and I stashed it away and lost it for about 5 years. The sample was like a little towelette in a wrapper about the size of a condom wrapper (no, I didn't know that at the time). It smelled exactly like the drydown of GIT, but even from the very beginning, and without the initial Cool Water notes. I remember the wrapping was black with dark red and maybe blue lines drawn on it in that 80's fashion (pre-zubaz). Maybe someone knows what that frag was? I seem to recall it being a women's scent. By the way, when I found the opened sample 5 years later, it was still very strong.
    Overall I don't mind GIT.

Bulgari PH-
    whew... I am going to have to think this one over. The only thing I can say right now is teabags and pepper, just like another reviewer said. A few hours later it is beginning to mellow and lose some of the bergamot (apparently I am not a big fan of bergamot). I am not sure if it is worth wearing for 2-3 hours just to get to something bearable.
    On the other hand, I am just starting to come down with a cold, so anything more harsh than Reaction makes my throat hurt. My nose might not be the most reliable right now.
    So... The jury is still out on this one.

Is there a frag that smells like GIT but with vetiver or something to make it a little bit more masculine? I would like GIT more if it had just a little edge to it.

I'll write more when I'm not sick and exhausted

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Default Re: I just got my GIT and Bulgari

I would really do a retest when you're not sick as it usually affects how you sense things.