Code of Conduct

Default My search for my work cologne. Go Geir

I posted a topic awhile back looking for a cologne for my particular job. One that isnt too childish, has great lasting power, and good enough sillage to withstand the heavy lifting that my design/sales job entails. (I sell Natural Stone Tile).

One that caught my eye and had much backing was Gier Ness. I go into Nordstroms and spray it onto a card. I smell, and I cant believe how disappointed I felt. It was nothing as I was expecting. NO "mountain valley" scent at all. It was just so unlike what I expected that I didnt even give what it was a chance.

The sales associate tells me to spray some on my wrist, she says that this particular cologne doesntg smell quite right on a card. So I do so, and as I always do I walk around for 2-3 minutes before I smell.

I put my nose to my wrist, my god it smells great. I give a spray to my neck and head off to work. Smelling my wrist all the way. I get to work and ask a lady co-worker to smell. She takes a wiff and says "I like it". Then 30 seconds later comes back, grabs my arm and smells again and says "What is it called I need to buy it for my husband".

The day goes on and the Geir is starting to drydown a lot, and this is where most scents fail to me. Geir drydowns a lot different, it is sweet but still airy, its not sharp really nor synethic in the drydown. I cant explain scents well. Needless to say I was impressed with the drydown but not really something I was sure I wanted. My female employee was gone so I couldnt ask her if maybe my nose just wasnt picking up certain notes anymore.

Then it happened. I am lifting some Travertine onto a cart and half-way through I bvegin to smell that mountain valley air. That cool, not-aqua but piney smell that I LOVED so much. This is the perfect scent. it triggers like none of my others when I need it to, and it made me realize that it probably smells that way to everyone all the time. The drydown I was smelling is just a fraction of what is really there. Like most scents what you smell on urself after 4 hours is not always what everyone else smells.

I bought a bottle the next day.

Go Geir

Default Re: My search for my work cologne. Go Geir

Great read. I've never had anyone decide they need to get their boyfriend something I was wearing but mybe one day I'll ge wearing Geir and they'll decide they need it. I have wanted this one for years and I havn't brought myself to buying it. It is pretty expensive. I don't know if I can't do it. I think I'll have to though. I just can't resist these reviews lately. I'm going to do it!! Shhhh, don't tell my bank....

Good choice Dawkins

EnvYuS I sent you a PM on this.

Maisonstinky
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Hey Dawkins, thanks for tyhe update, glad it worked out for you. That "back from the dead" effect which struck you when you broke a sweat late in the day is one of the benefits of a strong concentrated scent in general, but ive noticed it more with geir than with anything else.