Code of Conduct

Default Today's browsing (mall/store trip)

I stopped at Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Macy's on my way home from work today to see if I could sample anything. *Unless it is something I have personally wanted for a long time, I usually write down the fragrances I see at these stores and then get a better impression of them from the reviews here. *It isn't that I don't recognize most of the fragrances, but I like checking in here before buying blind because I've made some mistakes in the past. *One problem I have when I go to these stores is I get too caught up in purchasing blind and making tough decisions that often I end up not buying anything at all. *Today was one of those days. *

My first stops were Maxx and Marshall's. *TJ Maxx had most of the run-of-the-mill stuff I'm seeing more and more of at these stores such as Curve, Puma, and Escada (although I like 'em!). *Marshall's had a lot more unique stuff since my last visit, and they really loaded up on the YSL. *Full-size Live Jazz, Kouros, and M7 were there for $19.99 each. *I have never smelled M7 before, and I don't have a ton of faith in YSL. *I don't like the original Jazz, nor do I care for Kouros, including the more recent Sport version. *Now that I have read the reviews again I regret not buying M7 blind, but there were plenty of boxes so I'm not concerned about it going away soon. *Some others I looked into include Perry Ellis Portfolio Green, the original Claiborne for Men, and FCUK Him.

Finally, I stopped at the Macy's in the mall, but they only had the usual suspects. *Armani, Ralph Lauren, Hugo, and Curve dominated the department. *I got a SA try to pitch Gio and Code to me, which I shrugged off with a general, "I'm not interested." *I was disappointed they had NO cards whatsoever to spray anything on, so I had to just spray a couple on myself. *I went with Emporio White on one wrist, since I haven't tried it for about a year. *I like the scent a lot, but since I've written up to this much in the review, it seems to have faded significantly. *On the other wrist I have Z, and I think it smells fine, but it is so unnecessary in a market still flooded with this kind of stuff. *I received samples of Unforgivable, Be Delicious, and the new red alternate of it, but I just pocketed them before leaving, so I didn't notice they had given me the women's sample of the new apple by mistake. *Oh well, I'll take whatever I can get. *One interesting note is that since Christmas, Givenchy seems to be disappearing out of all stores in my area. *I have been to three department stores, Maxx, Marshall's, Sephora, and Alta since that time, and none of them carry Givenchy anymore. *Humph. *

Today was a pretty chaotic day of searching. *Fighting traffic and fending off the sales associates is not fun - especially after a long day of work and coming home empty-handed! *I think I may go for the M7 or Claiborne this weekend. *I hope this post wasn't too boring, but I have no one else to vent my search results with. *

**Update** I sampled the new Tommy Summer for this year, and I have to say that it smells incredible. I don't know if I'll buy it since I already have a lot of colognes that fit the bill for hot weather, but it is my favorite release from Tommy, hands down. Though aquatic and citrusy at first, a harmonic blend of pepper joins the fray after a half hour or so, resulting in a truly addictive scent that lasts forever without becoming cloying. If you've been thinking about any of the Summer colognes, this would be the year I'd recommend going for it.

Default Re: Today's browsing (mall/store trip)

Thanks for the great read John, these kinda posts are probably my favorite ones to read as i think everyone can relate to it and we get to hear your adventure and finds, i like to post these adventures myself, so keep em coming!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, happens a lot, but you shouldn't feel pressure to buy. It always sucks to buy something and then not like it. Good restraint, chap. O, what am I saying!? You were a fool to pass up M7 for $20! No but really, I am glad that you posted this because it has inspired me to plan a trip to Marshalls in the near future. I hope the one near me has lotsa YSL too, cuz I'm looking to purchase Body Kouros and M7 and if they are only $20 I won't hesitate. Btw, Don't lose faith in YSL just because of Kouros. That stuff is ridiculous. Try Body Kouros, it's much different and quite nice. Reminds me of a fresher version of Rochas Man (I had a post about that comparison a few days ago that you might've seen).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jazz and Kouros are probably the two worst IMO. I would have deffinately went with M7. $20 is a great price for it and I would have bought a second bottle just because it was so cheap. I want to learn all about the Emperio Armani's so what does the White version offer??

Sounds like a great day at the mall although it was a bummer to not have any tester strips. I hate when they don't have any out for you. If you get a chance go back and get M7, you wont be dissapointed. I've never heard a bad thing said about it...

Great post! Thanks for the tips. $20 for YSL products is awesome. I happen to love Koursos as it's my number one complimented scent, Escada PH is up there too - and I have been meaning to try M7.

Thanks for your insight bro. I am super intriqued by your Tommy Summer review! The fact it has good longevity is key as I have found many Tommy frags to last poorly on me - it certainly could be my own skin too.

Cheers to good deals! ~ mm
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Jazz and Kouros are probably the two worst IMO. I would have deffinately went with M7. $20 is a great price for it and I would have bought a second bottle just because it was so cheap. I want to learn all about the Emperio Armani's so what does the White version offer??

Sounds like a great day at the mall although it was a bummer to not have any tester strips. I hate when they don't have any out for you. If you get a chance go back and get M7, you wont be dissapointed. I've never heard a bad thing said about it...
    Unfortunately, I've heard too many negative things about M7 here. But it's just cause not everyone can handle the power and rawness of it. Seriously, if you're willing to be bold, than wear M7, to me it smells like what I would assume sex smellls like if I was a virgin.

Looking at your wardrobe, seems you like fresher scents, so my recommendation to you would be Unforgivable or Z.

Tommy is for TOTs..."Tired of Tommy", IMO.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!