Code of Conduct

Default Important Info Re: Online retailers

Well, I have ordered some things from a few different online shops, and I uncovered some background on them. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet (my packages aren't here yet, although they are on schedule).

Anyways, I wanted to find out who was behind beautifulperfumes.com (via amazon.com), since I just bought a few pricey items from them.
    www.beautifulperfumes.com sent me a confirmation email with my order specifics, but their return address was at parfumery.com.
    Parfumery.com only presented me with a dead-end advert screen, but when I dug around in the page's source code, I found an email address at www.synertech.com. Synertech is a web consultation firm specializing in e-commerce website design.
    Their portfolio (http://synertech.net/portfolio/index.html) lists several perfume eSellers that have been mentioned here on basenotes; this piqued my interest, so I dug a little deeper. Here is what I found:

www.parfumery.com
    -Dead end; page describes LA Fragrances, inc., "Distributer & wholesaler of designer name brand fragrances." Located in Los Angeles, CA.
    -Customer service: 213-617-3888
    -email address shown delivers to lafragrances.com, but that website requires a password to login. It must be the main administrative website for the company.

www.beautifulperfumes.com
    -They have their own storefront in addition to their store on amazon.com. They have OK feedback (86% good)
    -Customer service: 888-844-7730 or 213-617-8181

www.perfume-bay.com
    -Originally started as a family business. I don't know where they ship from yet.
    -Customer service: 888-844-7730

www.classyperfumes.com
    -based in Huntington Beach, CA, a division of perfumebay, inc.

www.perfumeshop.com
    -Perfume Shop is the place “where perfume lover’s go™”. Based out of Huntington Beach, CA.

www.scentguru.com
    -Based out of Huntington Beach, CA

There are several other websites that all link to the same company, but I won't type them all here.

www.scentiments.com: based in south Florida, service: 1-800-685-7321. Does not appear to be affiliated with LA Fragrances.

www.razorscents.com: Based in Babson Park, MA. Service: 1-410-707-9120. Appears to be independent.

www.luckyscent.com: I can't tell, but I think they might be located in CA. Service: (323) 931-8297

I think we could all benefit by comparing notes with online retailers. If we can save each other from stores with poor service or products, we'll all be able to sleep a little better at night (and we might save money).

I think that this is as good a place as any to ask about your online retail experiences and to keep all that info in one place. Sorry if I am repeating an earlier post, but I have seen some questions recently that deserved to be answered, at least in part.

So... What do you think?

-ben

Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

Default Re: Important Info Online retailers

Sorry, but I should make it more obvious than I did that all of the stores in the first half of my email are run by the same people in the same building.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

I believe perfumebay ships out of NJ. Just got some juices from them but the invoice is at work. Very nice all the way around.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

www.99perfume.com and www.perfumecountry.com are also the same buisness, I was pretty confused when I made a purchase from one and got an invoice from both. Service was fine though and the products were real.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

This is very interesting information. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    I think we could all benefit by comparing notes with online retailers. If we can save each other from stores with poor service or products, we'll all be able to sleep a little better at night (and we might save money).

I think that this is as good a place as any to ask about your online retail experiences and to keep all that info in one place. Sorry if I am repeating an earlier post, but I have seen some questions recently that deserved to be answered, at least in part.

So... What do you think?

-ben
    *Here's the thread under Shopping Guides for Fragrance and Skincare:

*Internet Sites - DISCOUNT ONLY