Code of Conduct

Default Important Info Re: Online retailers

Well, I have ordered some things from a few different online shops, and I uncovered some background on them. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet (my packages aren't here yet, although they are on schedule).

Anyways, I wanted to find out who was behind beautifulperfumes.com (via amazon.com), since I just bought a few pricey items from them.
    www.beautifulperfumes.com sent me a confirmation email with my order specifics, but their return address was at parfumery.com.
    Parfumery.com only presented me with a dead-end advert screen, but when I dug around in the page's source code, I found an email address at www.synertech.com. Synertech is a web consultation firm specializing in e-commerce website design.
    Their portfolio (http://synertech.net/portfolio/index.html) lists several perfume eSellers that have been mentioned here on basenotes; this piqued my interest, so I dug a little deeper. Here is what I found:

www.parfumery.com
    -Dead end; page describes LA Fragrances, inc., "Distributer & wholesaler of designer name brand fragrances." Located in Los Angeles, CA.
    -Customer service: 213-617-3888
    -email address shown delivers to lafragrances.com, but that website requires a password to login. It must be the main administrative website for the company.

www.beautifulperfumes.com
    -They have their own storefront in addition to their store on amazon.com. They have OK feedback (86% good)
    -Customer service: 888-844-7730 or 213-617-8181

www.perfume-bay.com
    -Originally started as a family business. I don't know where they ship from yet.
    -Customer service: 888-844-7730

www.classyperfumes.com
    -based in Huntington Beach, CA, a division of perfumebay, inc.

www.perfumeshop.com
    -Perfume Shop is the place “where perfume lover’s go™”. Based out of Huntington Beach, CA.

www.scentguru.com
    -Based out of Huntington Beach, CA

There are several other websites that all link to the same company, but I won't type them all here.

www.scentiments.com: based in south Florida, service: 1-800-685-7321. Does not appear to be affiliated with LA Fragrances.

www.razorscents.com: Based in Babson Park, MA. Service: 1-410-707-9120. Appears to be independent.

www.luckyscent.com: I can't tell, but I think they might be located in CA. Service: (323) 931-8297

I think we could all benefit by comparing notes with online retailers. If we can save each other from stores with poor service or products, we'll all be able to sleep a little better at night (and we might save money).

I think that this is as good a place as any to ask about your online retail experiences and to keep all that info in one place. Sorry if I am repeating an earlier post, but I have seen some questions recently that deserved to be answered, at least in part.

So... What do you think?

-ben

Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Default Re: Important Info Online retailers

Sorry, but I should make it more obvious than I did that all of the stores in the first half of my email are run by the same people in the same building.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

I believe perfumebay ships out of NJ. Just got some juices from them but the invoice is at work. Very nice all the way around.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

www.99perfume.com and www.perfumecountry.com are also the same buisness, I was pretty confused when I made a purchase from one and got an invoice from both. Service was fine though and the products were real.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

This is very interesting information. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    I think we could all benefit by comparing notes with online retailers. If we can save each other from stores with poor service or products, we'll all be able to sleep a little better at night (and we might save money).

I think that this is as good a place as any to ask about your online retail experiences and to keep all that info in one place. Sorry if I am repeating an earlier post, but I have seen some questions recently that deserved to be answered, at least in part.

So... What do you think?

-ben
    *Here's the thread under Shopping Guides for Fragrance and Skincare:

*Internet Sites - DISCOUNT ONLY