Code of Conduct

Default Bond 9 New Haarlem smells like baking crumb cake?

It's strong enough, now I have to decide if I like it

Default Re: Bond 9 New Haarlem smells like baking crumb ca

Funny, I wore this today and a lady in my office who previously said I smelled good when wearing it, commented that I smelled like an old lady (well, rather that something about IT smelled that way). There isn't any moth balls its basenotes... is there? :P
    The Bark Bites Back.

Old lady? :-?

I get coffee shop at first. It smells like this drink my local coffee shop serves - a "mexican spiced cocoa" with a shot of expresso, basically cocoa with cinnamon, nutmeg, maybe some others, and expresso. As it dries I get more and more caramel, like dulce de leche or some sort of caramel latte. I get sweet and smooth, too sweet for my tastes (in a fragrance anyway), but well done nonetheless.

I love the way New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 smells when it is sprayed on a card. *It is just so mouth-wateringly delicious with notes of coffee, cedar, vanilla, lavender, and bergamot. *On the card, it’s a wonderful gourmand; some would even argue that it is the best gourmand ever. *But eventually, I sprayed New Haarlem on my skin, and then it was a completely different story, and the fragrance was not at all attractive. *I also realized that although I greatly appreciated New Haarlem’s gourmand fragrance, I did not particularly want my person to smell like a vanilla cappuccino. *I have never had this kind of reaction to any other fragrance. *This fragrance is absolutely fantastic….until it is applied to my skin. *Somebody else will have to buy and wear New Haarlem, because it won’t be me.

I just don't like it.

just might be my number 1

Very sweet indeed.....reminds me of some Kenzo's Time for Peace....anyone else get this?
    Cheers
    Sarjeet

Default Re: Bond 9 New Haarlem smells like baking crumb cake?

I love cakes baking and like it's smell, so I would probably like it.. yummy...
    Last edited by DustB; 6th October 2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Removed link to advertisement.

This is my favorite Bond by far... but then again I'm a gourmand fan. It's like Pure Coffee but with more going on - it's not just coffee. It's closest to the discontinued Yohji Homme. I can't imagine it smelling perfumey like an old lady. If you like gourmands this is definitely in the top tier.

I like it a lot... not sure if I'll buy a FB of it tho... 100ml of that is a bit too much for me to go thru

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

After a while it becomes unpleasant, like a prune danish pastry or something, and it lasts a long time. I like gourmands, including "women's," but this lacks the dynamism that I find necessary in order to tolerate a gourmand for more than half an hour or so.

This was bumped 2 years by a stupid advertisement.

But while I'm here, no it doesn't smell like a baking crumb cake. It's a good gourmand though with notes of coffee, chocolate, and vanilla. I've gotten very positive reactions from it when I wear it, but I only wear it lightly and on quiet evenings.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 6th October 2008 at 11:15 AM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I have never tried anything from Bond # 9 but this sounds very appealing , does it have longevity / quite strong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I have never tried anything from Bond # 9 but this sounds very appealing , does it have longevity / quite strong ?
    Yes, on me at least. They last through a day and long into the night on my skin. I'm wearing Silver Factory today and I'll have to shower before this one will disappear.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!