Code of Conduct

Default balenciaga pour homme - my latest blind buy

Hi all,
    I just blind bought a Balenciaga Pour Homme. As I wait for it to arrive, what am I in for? What's this stuff about? There were only three reviews in the Directory and a search of the male discussion only brought up a handful of brief mentions (though all positive). Any experience, good, bad, or otherwise?
    Thanks...

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: balenciaga pour homme - my latest blind buy

It's a great woody oriental. Cristobal is too sweet for my tastes, but this one is just right. A shame it's apparently discontinued.

A great honey-based Oriental scent. It's not too sweet and has a minty edge that keeps it crisp. I don't think anybody could hate this one. Out of curiosity, where did you buy it from? The cheapest I've seen it for was $100 from online retailers.

[blue]*Balenciaga Pour Homme*, created by Gérard Anthony, the same nose who created *Azzaro Pour Homme*, is in my top twenty fragrances of all-time and one of the few to use a frankincense note effectively and to get it to last; I believe it is this note that gives the fragrance a very contemplative intellectual dimension in terms of its emotional effect on the wearer, at least this wearer. Extraordinary sillage and longevity.

Like teflondog, I haven't seen a 100ml bottle of this stuff for less than $100.00. I am going to guess that robyogi recently purchased the 30ml bottle Buffalo_Gal was selling on her decants page.

scentemental[/blue]

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    [blue]*Balenciaga Pour Homme*, created by Gérard Anthony, the same nose who created *Azzaro Pour Homme*, is in my top twenty fragrances of all-time and one of the few to use a frankincense note effectively and to get it to last; I believe it is this note that gives the fragrance a very contemplative intellectual dimension in terms of its emotional effect on wearer, at least on me. Extraordinary sillage and longevity.

Like teflondog, I haven't seen a 100ml bottle of this stuff for less than $100.00. I am going to guess that robyogi recently purchased the 30ml bottle Buffalo_Gal was selling on her decants page.

scentemental[/blue]

Excellent info on Balenciaga PH. It's good to hear from you again, my friend.

No, I didn't get it from Buffalo Gal, though I am about to get a couple decants from her! Hers was pending sale when I found this other one on ebay and placed my bid. Then a little later hers was no longer pending sale. The one I got is also a 1 oz bottle. After I won the auction, the payment site of the place I bought it from said there were three available. I only took one. I am just hoping it's fresh. It's supposed to be NIB, so I guess I'll see what I get. The seller has excellent feedback, but that's never a guarantee in my mind.

After reading this thread, I bought the bottle from Buffalo Gal. *I am really looking forward to trying this one! *Docluv45, Teflondog and Scentemental: Thanks for the very informative comments and review.

Oh yeah...scentemental - thanks for the great insight into this fragrance. I'm really excited for it to arrive now! Every one of your posts seems to be packed with this type of knowledge...thanks.

OMG, I think this will still stay on my wishlist, I can't find a credible website to purchase this at a reasonable price....someone help!

ditto on scentemental's posts!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I can't seem to get to the same place I was when I bought mine yesterday (I think it was just some sort of online billing system with a unique ID for my purchase). Buffalo_Gal (Diane) has decants listed in her post:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1084812264

I guess those are still available, since they are still listed...

Blog Entries

If you have & love Opium pour Homme then I predict you will love Balenciaga pour Homme.

It is a wonderfully spicy 'clean' and 'airy' men's EDT with a lot of class. Smells amazing in the bottle - even better on the skin. :-*

Enjoy! ;D
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Has anyone compared Balenciaga PH and Lapidus PH? It seems to me that they might be similar.

Balenciaga PH:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120160.html

Top Notes
    Coriander, Bergamot, Lavender

Middle Notes
    Muguet, Jasmine, Caramel, Honey

Base Notes
    Patchouli, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Benzoin

Lapidus PH:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120959.html

Top Notes
    Lemon, Pineapple

Middle Notes
    Honey, Rose, Jasmine

Base Notes
    Sandalwood, Patchouli

All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Agreed; I think they are quite similar.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    OMG, I think this will still stay on my wishlist, I can't find a credible website to purchase this at a reasonable price....someone help!

ditto on scentemental's posts!
    iMaverick, I sent you a PM

This vendor is listing 50 ml bottles for $32.00:
    http://www.jewelsmall.com/perfume---...alenciaga.html
    I have ordered from them before with good result. If you want to order more than one bottle, do inquire as to available stock.

An excellent purchase, this one will put you in a league beyond the typical cologne wearer. If your aim is to stand out from the crowd, then Balenciaga will do it for you!

I like this one too. As I once said, I think this is like an Oriental cousin of Kouros, and that can`t be bad news at all!!