Code of Conduct

Default Is perfumebay a good place to order Creeds from?

I was sent a sampler of Bois du Portugal by a Basenoter sometime ago and had to order the fragrance the soonest possible because I fell for it and just couldn't hold my breath. I ordered BdP (tester no cap) from perfumebay.com and paid US $ 115 on it. To my biggest disappointment, the one I received yesterday is a strikingly paler and watered down version of the sampler I had received. Nowhere near the majesty of it.
    I'm feeling terribly bad although their service is very quick and this time they shipped my stuff via DHL.
    I feel like crying

Default Re: Is perfumebay a good place to order Creeds fro

That's really annoying! Did you try contacting them stating that the fragrance has gone bad?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Do a search for "perfumebay," especially here http://www.basenotes.net/community/YaBB.pl?board=guide

You will find several threads reviewing their service & products.

Personally, I will only order samples or minis from them. Their stock is questionable in my experience. To be fair though, i do own a 1 ounce bottle of SMW that I ordered from them many months ago and it seems to have all its glory intact.

~mad

KV, return it and shell out the extra buck and get it from Neimans! Believe me, it is worth every dime and if something is wrong with it, they ahpily exchange it for you for another one!

I just received some samples I purchased from Perfume Bay - that made me decide never to buy a full fragrance from them. Some of the samples were just OLD, really, really old, dusty almost. One Creed sample was half-empty, and not nearly as rich in smell as what I had smelled of that frag before.

I've also noticed there are several websites, Beautifulperfumes being one of them, that has the exact same user interface and, it appears, the exact same stock as PerfumeBay. I wonder if they are the same big company with a huge warehouse that's not climate-controlled (somewhere in FL is where they shipped my samples from), where the orders go through the same customer service reps, and then get shipped?

I was not at all happy with their quality and also am a bit skeptical that there are a few sites with the same look and inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    I wonder if they are the same big company
    Yes. PerfumeBay.com is owned by a company (or PerfumeBay may be the "master" company) that owns several similar online fragrance companies/sites. Classyperfumes.com is one of them. I don't know if they all share the same warehouse(s) though. The products I have order from PerfumeBay.com have come from California.

New PerfumeBay.com info added here:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...98493234/15#20

Of all the fragrances reported by users, Creed seems to be the most problematic in terms of its consistency -- not only scent-wise, but in its packaging as well.

P.S. I would have assumed that Creed is rather easily obtainable in UAE.

Thanks all for the links and advice I called them up and the lady took all the related info and promised to have the management contact me by email tomorrow.
    Unfortunately, we don't have the exclusive collection and the older ones like AA and BdP ;(
    Ordering creed online is a real worry.