Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default New Davidoff: (Cool Water) Game!

Tried it today and what a disaster. It smells like all the aqua/airy scents released last year or the year before like Bvlgari Aqua, the blue Issey etc.

VERY disappointing and completely unoriginal!

Mic.

Default Re: New Davidoff: (Cool Water) Game!

I don't get why the original Cool Water still sells this huge, my shower gel is more exciting than that outdated juice.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    I don't get why the original Cool Water still sells this huge, my shower gel is more exciting than that outdated juice.
    Thats because Cool Water is a Cheap Ripp off of Creed's GIT one of the greatest of all time.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    [quote author=fakepurseninja link=1140561213/0#1 date=1140561703]I don't get why the original Cool Water still sells this huge, my shower gel is more exciting than that outdated juice.
    Thats because Cool Water is a Cheap Ripp off of Creed's GIT one of the greatest of all time.
    [/quote]

Well then my shower gel is more exciting than GIT also ;D Seriously, it's probably just the marketing. It's amazing how many teens walk into a perfumery and go right up to that cool water stand.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    Seriously, it's probably just the marketing. It's amazing how many teens walk into a perfumery and go right up to that cool water stand.
    EXACTLY!! IT's marketing and word-of-mouth. Then the guys will buy it because the girl likes it. Then more girls will like it because it's a smell they can recognise. The cycle goes on...

How sad, it's all about money after all. There's a Polo Silver or Aqua begging to be created sometime soon. I'll commit suicide if Gucci Acqua Fresca comes to being.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    How sad, it's all about money after all. There's a Polo Silver or Aqua begging to be created sometime soon. I'll commit suicide if Gucci Acqua Fresca comes to being.
    Well it's about the money all the time, no problem with that, but in this case it's just baffling to me because this smell gets surpassed by almost anything on the market.

How sad, it's all about money after all. *There's a Polo Silver or Aqua begging to be created sometime soon. *I'll commit suicide if Gucci Acqua Fresca comes to being.
    Or Givenchy Wet Gentleman

sorry, it's late and i'm tired... :P
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Though not my favorite, Cool Water is the fragrance I get most complements with.

This is a Cool Water game????

How do you play it?? Just talk about Cool Water??

Well, I don't HATE this stuff.....don't own it either. I guess it wears well on me. I once wore it out to a club and managed to get a girl's phone number after dancing with her and chatting for a couple hours, though. She said, "Hey....I really like that scent you're wearing!"

And let me tell you, what a nut-bag SHE turned out to be!!! It was like I had my very own Indie_Guy moment!! And I didn't even KNOW of Indie_Guy eight years ago!!

All of the sudden I'm a little less partial to Cool Water. Hmmm.

;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

It is the "poor man's" Cool Water. That is why everyone wears it instead of GIT. I know that I am going to buy the $25 dollar bottle of Cool Water over the $80(if you are lucky) dollar bottle of GIT. Besides, what do kids know about fragrances anyway. They buy it because it smells good to them. I personally love Cool Water. I also love GIT. There are a lot of other similar smells to those two that I love as well but I'm not going to rag on them because they are unorriginal. I can distinguish Cool Water from all other smells so it has to have some unique quality about it. It sells because it smells good.

Quit hating on Cool Water!!! ;D ;D ;D

P.S. it is unorriginal but who cares. It is a classic that everyone and their dads have owned at some time in their lives... ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I personally love Cool Water. I also love GIT. There are a lot of other similar smells to those two that I love as well but I'm not going to rag on them because they are unorriginal. I can distinguish Cool Water from all other smells so it has to have some unique quality about it. It sells because it smells good.

Quit hating on Cool Water!!! ;D ;D ;D

P.S. it is unorriginal but who cares. It is a classic that everyone and their dads have owned at some time in their lives... ;D ;D
    That's how I feel about AdG. It's just that I like AdG much more

Tried it today on a paper-strip. Was so dumb that I lost it before I got to smell the drydown, but I got a quite
    powerful, and very fruity scent from it. Better than I predicted, but nothing spectacular..
    I'll sample it fully soon, and will then give a more detailed review of it..

I used to like Cool Water 4 years ago but as my collection grows I'm starting to hate it. It's nothing compared to the classics. I wish they'd make frags like they did back in the day. Most of the frags nowadays smell the same and have no character at all.
    "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Nagasawa in Norwegian Wood

Cool Water is a great frag and lasts longer than GIT. Are there any rules to this game?
    Peace ~ Markymark

How sad, it's all about money after all. *There's a Polo Silver or Aqua begging to be created sometime soon. *I'll commit suicide if Gucci Acqua Fresca comes to being.
    Yeah but if Gucci went down this well-trodden path, you know they'd have to load it up with that signature hamster-cage woodiness present in all their men's offerings. It'd likely be something like "Gucci Driftwood"

Ha! "Gucci Driftwood!" I like that name. How about Gucci Mulch Pour Homme? Or, Gucci Rush (to the hampster wheel). Maybe, Gucci Burning Cedar Chest. (BTW, I love Gucci PH, this is just a fun game).

Still not sure what the Cool Water game is though...

I used to wear Cool Water. A girl in college told me she loved it and to get it, so, of course, in desperate man style, I did. It's easy to wear. It's pleasant, if familiar. It doesn't offend anyone, which is also why it's not original or all that interesting in the long run. I'd probably never own it again, but I don't think it's a terrible scent. And I also don't think it's exactly the same as GIT. I think "everyone" wears it b/c "everyone" shops at K-Mart and Wal-Mart and you can buy it there.