Code of Conduct

Default Lets create our own BN scent and market it $$$

Hmm -- seems to me we are a very creative group of folks who are very passionate about fragrances. We also have a pretty good idea or two about what makes a great scent.

Just doing a little brainstorming here so bear with me... but what if all of us interested became investors into creating "The Basenote Scent." We could create it, market it, patent it, own it, love it, sell it -- and maybe make a good profit from it? I would think many of us in our own professions would have many ideas to work up a strategic business plan -- myself included with my own business background and company.

If every willing member throws in $50 we would have a good chunk of change to start up a business plan. Obviously there's a lot more to it but this is just an idea to noodle on.

Just throwing that idea out here. I could be off my rocker, but who knows... it's just a thought. It doesn't hurt to dream.

No guts no glory.

~mm
    Peace ~ Markymark

Default Re: Lets create our own BN scent and market it $$$

I think that this idea has been thrown around a bit, but still I love the idea, although I am quite new to fragance and thus unqualified to make meaningful comments on the product itself, I have an idea:
    How about having actually a series of scents based on archetypes(idea from the archetype thread http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1141956148) such as "Basenotes Artist", "Basenotes Doctor" or "Basenotes Bus Driver" : because I think that it is almost 100% sure that there will be people unhappy about a single scent representing Basenotes, as some people might not like it, while others would love it.

Also, if we start up with donations, I think that upon completion of the project, there should be a first edition with a piece of paper with all the names of the people that donated . Or if it costs too much, just a URL of a page that does.

But I doubt this idea will takeoff, sadly :-/

i can help!

I have to agree that I don't think this will happen but I would be so happy if it did. There are so many posts about what your "dream fragrance" would be. There are notes and everything. I know we could come up with a lot of answers to that.

I think that there might be some contaversy over which to create. There are so many different tastes and styles that making one would deffinately offend a lot of the members on this site. We would have to make so many and that would be costly.

I love the idea and I wish there was some way to do it because I wish I could make my dream frag come to life.

It'll work, a shared, remarkable, niche like, abstract, with presence, and better have some good longevity 8 hrs. PLUS!

Marketing is the problem, hopefully it grabs a news spot, a positive interview with a notorious "nose", or that Frederic Malle will sell it as part of the line.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

If some members here get their way, the new BN fragrance will have that famous Creed house note... :
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I think the only thing we could agree on would be longevity ;D

But if we broke it down into say a musk or fresh scent, then I think that BN members could find atleast one note that must go in there

Seeing the sparks fly every time someone mentions Kouros, A*men or Green Irish Tweed I would be very surprised of you ever got a consensus on what it should smell like.