Code of Conduct

Default Hello, another noob here :D

After lurking in these forums for a while, I was just amazed at the knowledge you guys have, so I registered. Let me introduce myself: I am 17 years old High School student and I live in Sydney. I have only just started to think about fragances, and I currently have only one bottle, which is Man.Aubusson, which was my first purchase. I think it has a really nice smell, but people just don't notice at school, even when I sprayed 4 times on my arm! Can someone recommend a way of making it more noticeable, or if you know the fragance personally, recommend something similar but a bit stronger?

And just to add, I only intend to buy 1 bottle a month!

Default Re: Hello, another noob here :D

Welcome aboard.
    Man.Aubusson isn't a weak scent - presumably you can still smell it there after 3 hours - you don't have some weird skin chemistry that kills it off? Don't worry about not being noticed, they'll have noticed it.

I put 6 sprays on under my clothes. Man.Aubusson is an ambery fougere, very similar in style to Diesel Plus Plus and Sculpture - which aren't that popular round here for some reason.
    Renato

welcome somedude

Welcome to basenotes.

I agree with Renato that Man:Aubusson is not a weak scent and that it probably has been noticed.

Hi somedude,

Ah, youth! Practice restraint, my young friend! The *last* thing you want is for your fragrance to be the *first* thing people notice.

IMH43yoO! ;D
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    Welcome to basenotes.

I agree with Renato that Man:Aubusson is not a weak scent and that it probably has been noticed.
    Maybe you just don't get compliments because people don't know what to say. That doesn't mean it isn't there. You don't want to be the guy who wears 10 sprays just so people say something... usually it is a bad thing too.

Wear 2 sprays on your neck and one in your chest. This produces great sillage...

PS ~ welcome to basenotes!!! 8-)

Ok, thanks for the advice, I'll wait a bit and see if I someone comments on the perfume. I also went out today with a friend who happens to like perfume as well, but most of his choices were are bit "manly" for me, and he called my choices girly. However, we settled on Black Code which I paid with next month's money... ill see if i can handle 50 days without buying anything :-/ . Do you think it was a good move?