Code of Conduct

Default Any "Dark Hell" and "Angry, Moody" ideas?

I am in the lookout for a new men's frag for me that says dark, moody > , hellish nightmare, maybe gothic and medieval too. I find Emporio Armani Night to be moody and "angry" as well as Salvador Dali's Pour Homme wich might be hell-like.

help please! ;D

Serpent

Default Re: Any "Dark Hell" and "Angry, Moody" ideas?

Kingdom

It's my f***-you cologne.

You listen to me and listen closely.

Layer Yatagan as your base coat with Salvador Dali PH on top and that will about as Hellishly Moody as you need but................If you are willing to take no prisoners .

Spritz Bandit Edp on top of the afore mentioned and Hell awaits you my man.

Ok. I'll say it before anybody else does just to be a part of this thread, which is looking like it could get quite interesting.

M7

I second Yatagan and M7.

Trussardi Uomo could also be your ticket to eternal agony in the fiery pits of Hades.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Well, Etro's Messe de Minuit sounds like it would be the perfect thing here.

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I dunno...

Kingdom and Messe de Minuit are cousins in my collection, but, for me, Messe de Minuit is the tower when all the demons are asleep. I find it very Zen and centered, rather cold-blooded and calculated. It's not "dark hell." It's more "chilly isolation." It's a cold brooder. (It's actually my preferred fragrance for when I see a massage therapist.)

I have a friend who also wears Kingdom. She calls it "Death."

Yatagan can be good, but, on me, it wears thin and earthy, sort of headshoppy. Test it first. The dark animal fire doesn't come through.

Try Chanel's Cuir de Russie, actually. It's got teeth. On a woman, it has potential to be b*tchy. On a dude, it could definitely be, "I'm-a cut you."

Platinum Egoiste might work. Even though it's sweet and sexy that incredibly sharp opening still says "F*** OFF"

Trussardi Uomo could easily fit this description.
    dark, moody (yes), hellish nightmare (maybe), maybe gothic and medieval (I would say more medieval).
    But definitely a great masculine scent.

Definitely.

TRY BANDIT...I never smelled anything more hellish and moody in my life!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    [quote author=shifts link=1140019778/0#5 date=1140052118]Well, Etro's Messe de Minuit sounds like it would be the perfect thing here.
    I dunno...

Kingdom and Messe de Minuit are cousins in my collection, but, for me, Messe de Minuit is the tower when all the demons are asleep. I find it very Zen and centered, rather cold-blooded and calculated. It's not "dark hell." It's more "chilly isolation." It's a cold brooder. (It's actually my preferred fragrance for when I see a massage therapist.)[/quote]

I think you are right. I actually thought when I posted that this one is more about damp cellars than hell, but then I thought that it has more gothic and medieval aura than anyone could ask for and posted it. I'm not familiar with Kingdom unfortunately.

I agree with the Bandit recommendations. Try the EDT - the EDP is softer. It's a very F-you scent! An acquired taste - I used to hate it, now I love it.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    Yatagan ...*The dark animal fire doesn't come through.
    Agree. Yatagan is one you definitely should try, but I doubt you'll find the "dark hell" and "angry, moody" fragrance you seek. You might, however, have to fight the ladies off... it's very sexy.

As for Messe de Minuit, I agree with Serpent. This one is supremely calming. It will not be your Dark Hell. Messe de Minuit is liquid salvation, reaching down and pulling you out of the depths of Hell.

Perhaps you should look for something at Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab:

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html

Bandit - without a doubt. Really, if you want to shout that "f*** you all", it`s Bandit. LOTS of Bandit! Give yourself six shots of it, and I swear you will grow horns.

Can`t actually understand the Yatagan suggestions: To me it`s not hell-ish scent, but just very appealing earthy scent with notes of earth, woods, vegetables, smoke, animals, mosses, spices..
    Yatagan is very HOT scent, but it`s not hell-ish, it`s not heavenly - It is EARTHY!

Serpent

I'm not familiar with Kingdom unfortunately.
    You're not?! *Oh, everyone should know Kingdom! *Love it or hate it, it's quite the beast...

Thank you so much for all the tips guys , i have written down all of them to test soon!
    8-)

Thrax

if you want hell mix a few sprays of halston z-14 over some m7.

I agree that Bandit by Robert Piguet should do the trick. *Spray on a lot.

M7... deep, rich and woody....