Code of Conduct

Default Trussardi frags....

There arent many reviews for any Trussardi scent (save Uomo) here on basenotes.... Is that because the frags are harder to get than other designer scents or is it because they just arent worth mentioning?

Also: If anyone has any opinion on Python or Jeans (or even Action and Light and L'uomo for that matter) please share. I have been looking into the brand a lot lately because all of their things are so hard to get here in the US. So if any of the frags are unique I would like to know so I can track it down and be one of the only ones wearing it. Thanks.

Default Re: Trussardi frags....

Gosh, thanks for reminding me; I have L'Uomo Trussardi; it is a really great frag. I haven't wore it in a while. I think it might be discontinued. I recall it being kind of herbal with some vanilla notes. I'll have to pull it out and maybe wear it tonight!

Trussardi Uomo is pretty similar to Van Cleef & Arpels to me, but I think TU is more complex. Both seem to share a strong rose heart.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Today I was about to select Trussardi Uomo as my SODT but BdP gained my will at last. But it is a great fragrance, I would say that the accord is basically:

Tobacco/Leather + Flowery + Sandalwood/Patchouli
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    Today I was about to select Trussardi Uomo as my SODT but BdP gained my will at last. But it is a great fragrance, I would say that the accord is basically:

Tobacco/Leather + Flowery + Sandalwood/Patchouli
    Trussardi Uomo is one that I have been on the fence about ordering for awhile now. It sounds great, I like strong frags (as in Antaeus and Kouros) and tobaccos based one too but the leather note is what kept me from ordering it blind. I was afraid Id get it and have another BdP, which is #1 on my most hated/disgusted lsit. So, thank you Sandalwood for saving me from buying something I probably wouldnt like.... And now Im hearing it has been discontinued as well...any truth to that?

Vicomte de K, you will have to let me know what you think of L'uomo after you wear it. If it still strikes you as being "really great" I might just have to pick up a bottle off ebay (it is discontinued, sadly like most Trussardi frags).

Funny... I'm actually right now chatting with a canadian graphic designer who has done some work for electronica labels such as Mille-Plateaux and he asked me if I knew Trussardi's Skin, but I didn't. Now when the house got a mention here at the same time I'm bound to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture17
    ... but the leather note is what kept me from ordering it blind...
    Well, the leather note is definitely there.

I don't know for sure if it is discontinued now, but Strawberry.net carries part of the line. Just for the sake of curiosity, this is, I think, a convenient option in case somebody wants to try it but doesn't find it or doesn't want to pay for a full bottle. It's a 25 ml. bottle that sells for $ 23 USD plus shipping. Not a bargain thought, but might be of interest.

http://www.strawberrynet.com/product...4&goChar=T
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Vicomte de K, you will have to let me know what you think of L'uomo after you wear it. If it still strikes you as being "really great" I might just have to pick up a bottle off ebay (it is discontinued, sadly like most Trussardi frags).
    I wore L'Uomo Trussardi tonight. My feeling is that there is something which holds it back from being an utterly fantastic scent. It needs some more depth, and it is already a pretty complex scent at that. I've been wearing it for about 6 hours or so, and there is the underlying vanilla (not as sweet as other vanillas, mercifully), and the herbs are also different from other herbal frags... they are not the typical green herbs. [On the other hand I may be misinterpreting the note: neither basenotes nor osmoz list herbs as a note...] Now this isn't to say that I don't think it is a good frag: I don't have anything in my wardrobe like it. The closest thing I have to it is Old Spice and that is a real big stretch [although not off the wall if you take a look at the notes. I thought I was bonkers for thinking of this before looking at the notes.] I might just wear Old Spice as I go to bed now that L'Uomo is dying down. I can tell you off the bat that there isn't the "barbershop" quality which Old Spice definitely has.
    K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Vicomte de K, thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I went to go find a bottle on ebay and unless I can find some other online shop that still has it I think I might just have to pass it up. (ebay's average price is $110.)

Vicomte de K, thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I went to go find a bottle on ebay and unless I can find some other online shop that still has it I think I might just have to pass it up. (ebay's average price is $110.)
    perfumebay has it for much cheaper than that

No problem! Why they decided to have two scents so similarly named is beyond me though. If memory serves me correct I got mine through the aforementioned perfumebay.
    K

Python is actually very nice, to my nose it's L'Eau Par Kenzo PH with a much woodier base. A wearable, day-to-day scent IMO.

Thanks for the heads up on perfumebay. Ive never used that site before but seeing as they have all of the Trussardi frags I might have to soon.

Python sounds perfect for me for this summer but how is the longetivity?

How about Uomo Fresh? Ive heard some very mixed reviews about this one too.

Trussardi L' Uomo :not the best fragrance ever made,for sure,but this is the best scent I EVER owned.I can easily claim that I am the biggest fan of it among Basenoters (or should I say through the whole globe ?)So subtle,so romantic...According to fellow Basenoters it is similar to Laura Biaggioti Venezia,a scent that ,unfortunately, I have never smelled.Both were discontinued.

Uomo Trussardi:too heavy and mature and sophisticated for my taste,although I am over thirty y.o. ,I could find few situations suitable for wearing it (does all the above are the equivallent of the word "classic" ).In the local market,due to slow selling,it was sold for about 40 euros for the bottle of 100 ml.I was not interested at all.

Trussardi Jeans:that's a pleasant,youthful ,casual,fragrance,smelling like tropical fruit-punch.More than decent longevity.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

am I the only one who has "Trussardi FRESH"?

Oh my god it smells like some 2nd class deodorant spray.

Is there anyone else who has had this terrible experience with this frag?

If you're looking for L'Uomo at a great price, try parfumsraffy, http://www.parfumsraffy.com/men/luomotrussardi.html it's $24 for a full size tester!

Uomo (the black one) is one of my favorites. I also find Fresh to be a quite nice spicey office scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    Uomo (the black one) is one of my favorites. *I also find Fresh to be a quite nice spicey office scent.
    Uomo is a new favorite for me. It's so well blended and smooth that it's hard to pick the ingredients apart (sorta like Ungaro 3), but very complex. So glad to have a large bottle! (thanks SETAMP)

If you're a leather fan, Uomo is a must-have.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Python sounds perfect for me for this summer but how is the longetivity?
    It's pretty decent for a fresh-woody scent, lasting up to 6 hours on my skin.

I just recieved my bottle of Skin, nice and unoffensive enough. Slightly creamy. Fruits and citrus. First impression is positive. Now I'm on my way to pick my girlfriend up at the station, let's see what she has to say.

Well, Trussardi Uomo is the perfect translation for a "Classic fragrance". Very rich and sophisticated. I just can't smell any sweetness at all in this one. Even the so mentioned Rose note...
    For me It's an initially spicy scent that turns to a leathery powdery fragrance.
    Very formal.

I have "Jeans" and it smells exactly like orange Pez tastes!

Mic.

Bottles of UOMO and L' UOMO and even FRESH are sold at e-bay for 100 to 150 $.Is the fact that they are discontinued enough to justify these extraterrestrial prices?And we are talking for fragrances not highly regarded around here (UOMO exluded).

i received some samples from a fellow basenoter and was surprised to get trussardi FRESH...its excellent and doesnt smell cheap to me at all...very lively ...found a full size for 40 bux...excellent longevity on me too...

Python is a good one! Unlike other green apple scent, this one is elegant. It has a classy fruity smell, but some may find it too sweet.

Well,I must be obsessed with the brand.Right now,after owing bottles of L'Uomo, Jeans For Men and Uomo ,I intent to get a bottle of Trussardi Action (not Action Sport).My criteria?The nice looking botlle and the small volume (25 ml).Are these not enough to justify the purchase?
    But no reviews AT ALL!Anybody help?
    Thank's!

Uomo is what Id describe as a more mature scent (the BOSS No.1 of Trussardi)
    Python is a delight to wear. It has the right balance of herbaceous and woody accords.
    If you stumble upon Trussardi Light - run like the freaking clappers! That stuff is POISON!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 3rd May 2007 at 06:39 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by rapture2 View Post
    Also: If anyone has any opinion on Python or Jeans (or even Action and Light and L'uomo for that matter) please share. I have been looking into the brand a lot lately because all of their things are so hard to get here in the US. So if any of the frags are unique I would like to know so I can track it down and be one of the only ones wearing it. Thanks.
    I hope this give you some idea how these scents smell - at least to my nose

Python reminds me of Clinique Happy for men minus the orange-note.

Jeans instead reminds me of woodier, less figgy Hermes Un Jardin en Méditerranée.

And Light Uomo smells like a mix of Fendi Theorema Uomo and Bvlgari pour homme.

With best regards,
    -Tero-

Smile Re: Trussardi frags....

I just noticed that according to the Basenotes directory there were 2 fragrances released by Trussardi in 2006: Trussardi Inside Man and Trussardi Inside Woman. According to the directory both are for men. Does this go beyond gender-specific marketing or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    If you stumble upon Trussardi Light - run like the freaking clappers! That stuff is POISON!
    LOL!

I bought this blind for real cheap about a year ago and I couldn't agree more! Vile doesn't begin to describe this concoction.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I don't know. I just got Trussari per Uomo and the top notes are pretty sour, but the drydown is not bad at all. Needless to say, this was a blind buy, but I won't risk smelling sour to wait for the drydown. This is an 80s scent, no doubt. I will hang onto it for awhile.

Trussardi Uomo(black faux leather bottle) is the only Trussardi that I like. Purchased a bottle about a month ago and it does seem weaker than I remembered it back in 1989. Back in 1989 it was much stronger,deeper,more tobacco.The new bottle seemed a little more 'tart' and the pimento much more pronounced. It's kinda hard to find but still in production/
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Any info about the two Action scents ,please? (Action Uomo and Action Sport).
    No reviews and nothing to find in older discussions...
    By the way,it seems I am obsessed with the brand:I own bottles of Uomo,Python,L' Uomo,Inside Him,Jeans Men!!