Code of Conduct

Default what about Jako?

Hello guys!
    What do you think of this lagerfeld's fragrance?

Default Re: what about Jako?

I am a fan. It is sort of unusual!

A good scent--I get a sweet fruity opening, and that quickly changes to a rather exotic, light orientally woody, spice. It's interesting, and lasts. I don't wear it much for some reason. I should wear it more, it's different from the other light scents--maybe it's a little too sweet.

I must say that I don`t find Jako that special. Quite boring actually, although it has some sensual musky vibe to it.
    My reco: If you can get it for very reasonable prize - then go for it. Otherwise, no.

Thrax

Jako has this kinda messed up skunk, class A, I cant think let alone move shit goin on. I dont like it. If you want unusual, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    A good scent--I get a sweet fruity opening, and that quickly changes to a rather exotic, light orientally woody, spice. *It's interesting, and lasts. *I don't wear it much for some reason. *I should wear it more, it's different from the other light scents--maybe it's a little too sweet.
    Ditto - I like it, but don't wear it much.
    It's also very powdery, though not as much as Lagerfeld Classic.
    I occasionally wear it to work, something I rarely do with most other orientals, but I never wear it in hot weather.
    Renato

I'm undecided. I have a full bottle on my swaplist so initial impressions must not have been that hot (!) but I'm going to give it another chance.

Unfortunately those unusual top notes seem to stick with me. I don't get much development in the scent, just a wacky fruity-musk. If I want wacky fruits, I'll go with Moustache, and if I want musk, I'll roll with Dunhill for Men (2003) or Yang.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Plum syrup with the faintest whiff of leather. I used up a small bottle when it was new, but I'm not a fan.

Useless trivia of the day: The campaign was shot by Lagerfelt himself at his private villa, featuring Paris Hilton's now ex-boyfriend Jason Shaw:
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/imagesdeparf.../TN_Jako97.JPG

It seems to be as weird as Lagerfeld Classic... yuck! :P

Clashing notes too?